And If You Should See Dave.....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: And If You Should See Dave.....

Post by theraven1979 »

Found the poem to your girlfriend Kudu....

"Let's Just Wait"

"Hey girl, let's just wait,
until that date,
It won't be late,
but until then let's just wait.

Hey girl, let's just wait,
the new album will be great,
but until then let's not tempt fate,
cos haters gonna hate"

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 15:57 Found the poem to your girlfriend Kudu....

"Let's Just Wait"

until that date,
It won't be late,

cos haters gonna hate"

Jim
Ha ha very good, you are now the official Poet Laureate of this forum. :smt005 Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

theraven1979 wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 15:57 Found the poem to your girlfriend Kudu....

"Let's Just Wait"

until that date,
It won't be late,

cos haters gonna hate"

Jim
This is bloody brilliant, lovely stuff.
A hint of a Percy Bysshe Shelley influence going on here perchance?
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

8088 wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 14:33
theraven1979 wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 14:08 Can't remember which interview it was (probably all of them - Uncut or similar) JJ states that when he heard Dave had died he knew the band was over and he just wanted to get the record done. I strongly suspect that once the album has been promoted and the tour is over that's it for The Stranglers. Let's enjoy it while it lasts!

Jim
You have to consider the hard evidence....Baz has been seen on Instagram wearing a poncey, singer/songwriter cap and a lot of brown...so you could be right....
And JJ wearing red T shirts in interviews!

The towers are crumbling before our very eyes!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jetblacksdad wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 09:46
8088 wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 14:33
theraven1979 wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 14:08 Can't remember which interview it was (probably all of them - Uncut or similar) JJ states that when he heard Dave had died he knew the band was over and he just wanted to get the record done. I strongly suspect that once the album has been promoted and the tour is over that's it for The Stranglers. Let's enjoy it while it lasts!

Jim
You have to consider the hard evidence....Baz has been seen on Instagram wearing a poncey, singer/songwriter cap and a lot of brown...so you could be right....
And JJ wearing red T shirts in interviews!

The towers are crumbling before our very eyes!
At Least Red is better than those terrible grey ones he wears these days, sorry JJ you've been busted by the fashion Police, it beats being busted by the normal Police as that seems to leave you with bruised wrists, as I know to well, but that's another story. Lt Kudu. :smt005
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 14:27 At Least Red is better than those terrible grey ones he wears these days, sorry JJ you've been busted by the fashion Police, it beats being busted by the normal Police as that seems to leave you with bruised wrists, as I know to well, but that's another story. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Only the androgynous can get away with red....grey's much better - as long as your antiperspirant is 100% :lol:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

8088 wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 14:43
Greatkudu wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 14:27 At Least Red is better than those terrible grey ones he wears these days, sorry JJ you've been busted by the fashion Police, it beats being busted by the normal Police as that seems to leave you with bruised wrists, as I know to well, but that's another story. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Only the androgynous can get away with red....grey's much better - as long as your antiperspirant is 100% :lol:
Maybe the MIB have become the men in Grey? Lt Kudu. :smt013
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I was listening to their Dave acoustic session version which i think is beautiful and it got me thinking just how much i'd love to hear them do an acoustic version of Reap just what you sow with JJ on vocals as after all its his written song that Hugh did so nicely sing.I reackon they would do a beautiful acoustic version today of that song one which i think is one of JJ's best written songs a good tour suggestion.
Also i wish they would play My young dreams that would suit bazes vocals very well,i still play the version that jet recorded the drums too which is a fantastic version in itself let alone if the stranglers was to cover it again a missed gem i feel,but i'm so glad Jet did.
the taxman
Rats Rally

Post by the taxman »

and should do acoustic 'Girl from the Snow Country'
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

toilerinblack wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 11:24 I was listening to their Dave acoustic session version which i think is beautiful and it got me thinking just how much i'd love to hear them do an acoustic version of Reap just what you sow with JJ on vocals as after all its his written song that Hugh did so nicely sing.I reackon they would do a beautiful acoustic version today of that song one which i think is one of JJ's best written songs a good tour suggestion.
Also i wish they would play My young dreams that would suit bazes vocals very well,i still play the version that jet recorded the drums too which is a fantastic version in itself let alone if the stranglers was to cover it again a missed gem i feel,but i'm so glad Jet did.
Yeah Reap is a good call!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

the taxman wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 11:43 and should do acoustic 'Girl from the Snow Country'
Yes another great one that was a great JJ song back in the day,when you think of how his voice has matured for the better today that the old songs sung today and especially at just how good their acoustic sessions are sounding now i think would sound even better,there's so many from their back catalogue that would be so good to hear again...the mind boggles lol
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
the taxman wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 11:43 and should do acoustic 'Girl from the Snow Country'
Yes another great one that was a great JJ song back in the day,when you think of how his voice has matured for the better today that the old songs sung today and especially at just how good their acoustic sessions are sounding now i think would sound even better,there's so many from their back catalogue that would be so good to hear again...the mind boggles lol
By matured ..do you mean gone out of Tune?? Girl From the Snow Country would never work acoustically.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk