And If You Should See Dave.....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Re: And If You Should See Dave.....

Post by Lafleur »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 09 May 2021, 12:47
jason wrote:Is this getting any regular airplay yet? I really hope this song doesn't get ignored by all the radio stations. :?
Apart from when Steve Lamacq played it, I haven't heard it on 6Music at all I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
The official release date of the single is Friday 14th of May. Maybe it will be played then. The band management will do some further marketing, so that it will be played in the radio - hopefully.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Ok great. I noticed Absolute Radio mentioned it on their Facebook feed. Let's hope they play it. I've never understood why they haven't supported the band really apart from occasionally playing the obvious old hits. Radio X have never really supported the band either.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

The band could do with TV & radio exposure and in the past even post hugh too the BBC breakfast show with charlie and naga have had the band on live and The One Show too i think had JJ on,they also got good live exposure on Lorraine Kellys morning show pushing NC where the band with paul sang BTC live.They could do with that sort of TV exposure again especially if the Dave song is their next single,this would be the first thing they've done as a band since Dave and all the big main stream TV stations did cover Daves passing, so it would be nice if someone covered the bands tribute single to him as well.As for radio exposure i would'nt really know who would be in their corner as promotion goes,just a few passing thoughts and ideas.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

jason wrote: 09 May 2021, 15:02 Ok great. I noticed Absolute Radio mentioned it on their Facebook feed. Let's hope they play it. I've never understood why they haven't supported the band really apart from occasionally playing the obvious old hits. Radio X have never really supported the band either.
Absolute radio, absolute wank. No repeats my arse. Its not repeated today but by god we're going to repeat it every day. I suspect we can count on Vine giving it a mention on R2.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

airflamesred wrote: 09 May 2021, 16:35
jason wrote: 09 May 2021, 15:02 Ok great. I noticed Absolute Radio mentioned it on their Facebook feed. Let's hope they play it. I've never understood why they haven't supported the band really apart from occasionally playing the obvious old hits. Radio X have never really supported the band either.
Absolute radio, absolute wank. No repeats my arse. Its not repeated today but by god we're going to repeat it every day. I suspect we can count on Vine giving it a mention on R2.
Yes they should remain themselves as Absolute Missed Opportunity Radio! They play the same old stuff all the time don't they. There's so many great songs out there to play aren't there but no they just play Oasis, Artic Monkeys etc all the time.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Small time radio mentions i can't see to be honest doing much for them at all really,its TV exposure is whats needed,would they get it nowdays as a more ageing band? i think so because they come from the right time of the '80s thats still today a crowd puller because the '80s is still regarded as one of the best decades for music that many bands are still able to make a living from and like i say the tribute to dave song could well bring them attention from the media and the general public, well i'd like to think that could be the case but we shall see.The bands PR we hope will get them some coverage with Daves tribute song being their first single off this album which i think now is the right move as a first single,time will tell.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

If the band released it for some covid charity or similar they'd probably gain some publicity for it

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I guess Social Media is important now too.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 09 May 2021, 18:14 I guess Social Media is important now too.
yes i think so...times have changed since this bands hey day of the 70s-80s,its about social media like you say and also its a different world now as the bands and artists now know theres no money in new material if anything like hugh they give it away as a freebie,we as fans obviously want new material but for them i bet they cant wait to get back on the road and play to an audience for the buzz of it and for their bread and butter of a living.But this Dave song i hope will bring them publicity and attention that might encourage the public to check them out at a gig or two or even their old backlog as music now is timeless ..the old with the new.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 09 May 2021, 18:51
jason wrote: 09 May 2021, 18:14 I guess Social Media is important now too.
yes i think so...times have changed since this bands hey day of the 70s-80s,its about social media like you say and also its a different world now as the bands and artists now know theres no money in new material if anything like hugh they give it away as a freebie,we as fans obviously want new material but for them i bet they cant wait to get back on the road and play to an audience for the buzz of it and for their bread and butter of a living.But this Dave song i hope will bring them publicity and attention that might encourage the public to check them out at a gig or two or even their old backlog as music now is timeless ..the old with the new.
It's a very radio friendly song, but I think the significance of the subject matter will be lost on the general public, as the general public are a bit dim to be honest IMHO, they must be to vote for old Etonians who would shit on them from a great hight if they could. Lt Kudu. :smt005
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

There's one problem with this great song. It's so bloody sad! :smt010
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jason wrote: 10 May 2021, 07:38 There's one problem with this great song. It's so bloody sad! :smt010
Yes It is but great music hits the heart, and this does without being cheesy, it's just a heartfelt song, a 10 dan shidokan masterpiece, I almost well up listening to it and I'm not afraid to admit it, despite being well ard, Joking. Lt Kudu.