And If You Should See Dave.....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: And If You Should See Dave.....

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 12:41
toilerinblack wrote:
the taxman wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 11:43 and should do acoustic 'Girl from the Snow Country'
Yes another great one that was a great JJ song back in the day,when you think of how his voice has matured for the better today that the old songs sung today and especially at just how good their acoustic sessions are sounding now i think would sound even better,there's so many from their back catalogue that would be so good to hear again...the mind boggles lol
By matured ..do you mean gone out of Tune?? Girl From the Snow Country would never work acoustically.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
No not out of tune quite the opposite i think his voice has now matured better in tone,your probably right with Girl from the snow country and the acoustic version not working,Reap would be a very good one to do as a acoustic version and i'm sure there's so many more of the oldies that would make great acoustic versions.I really have been so impressed with their acoustic sessions for DM which without doubt have been some of the best i've ever heard from this band,their vocals are so in tune but it's more i think JJs more mutured harmonising that's blending in tune so nicely and better these days to bazes vocals that's the difference compared to the back in the day versions.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 29 Aug 2021, 13:51, edited 7 times in total.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 12:41 Girl From the Snow Country would never work acoustically.
Just listened to it for the first time in ages. I noticed that it was built on the instrumental bits of Freddie Laker in the verse (or vice-versa).
Last edited by markorbit on 29 Aug 2021, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Boogie
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

markorbit wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 12:41 Girl From the Snow Country would never work acoustically.
Just listened to it for the first time in ages. I noticed that it was built on Freddie Laker in the verse (or vice-versa).
That's why it didn't get past the Demo Stage.

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 12:41
toilerinblack wrote: Yes another great one that was a great JJ song back in the day,when you think of how his voice has matured for the better today that the old songs sung today and especially at just how good their acoustic sessions are sounding now i think would sound even better,there's so many from their back catalogue that would be so good to hear again...the mind boggles lol
By matured ..do you mean gone out of Tune?? Girl From the Snow Country would never work acoustically.

No not out of tune quite the opposite i think his voice has now matured better in tone,your probably right with Girl from the snow country and the acoustic version not working,Reap would be a very good one to do as a acoustic version and i'm sure there's so many more of the oldies that would make great acoustic versions.I really have been so impressed with their acoustic sessions for DM some of the best i've ever heard from this band,their vocals are so in tune but it's more i think JJs harmonising that blend so nicely to bazes vocals together that just sound really nice on the ear.
They did Reap acoustically the 96 Convention and afterwards at The Water Rats.

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 13:48
toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 12:41 By matured ..do you mean gone out of Tune?? Girl From the Snow Country would never work acoustically.

No not out of tune quite the opposite i think his voice has now matured better in tone,your probably right with Girl from the snow country and the acoustic version not working,Reap would be a very good one to do as a acoustic version and i'm sure there's so many more of the oldies that would make great acoustic versions.I really have been so impressed with their acoustic sessions for DM some of the best i've ever heard from this band,their vocals are so in tune but it's more i think JJs harmonising that blend so nicely to bazes vocals together that just sound really nice on the ear.

Oh right did they and how good was that version any good? i would'nt know as i wasn't so much into MK11 in the ninties post Hugh i did'nt see them live but it's intresting they have done that how did it sound with JJ singing his song compared to Hugh? Which did you prefer?
Last edited by toilerinblack on 29 Aug 2021, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 13:48
toilerinblack wrote: No not out of tune quite the opposite i think his voice has now matured better in tone,your probably right with Girl from the snow country and the acoustic version not working,Reap would be a very good one to do as a acoustic version and i'm sure there's so many more of the oldies that would make great acoustic versions.I really have been so impressed with their acoustic sessions for DM some of the best i've ever heard from this band,their vocals are so in tune but it's more i think JJs harmonising that blend so nicely to bazes vocals together that just sound really nice on the ear.

Oh right did they and how good was that version any good?
It was very good actually. Think there's a Boot on here with it on?

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 13:55
toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 13:48 They did Reap acoustically the 96 Convention and afterwards at The Water Rats.

Oh right did they and how good was that version any good?

Oh ok ...thanks.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 13:55
toilerinblack wrote: Oh right did they and how good was that version any good?

Oh ok ...thanks.
http://www.themeninblack.co.uk/forums/v ... 32#p454232

However it's expired...you could request a reup for it I guess??

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 14:06
toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 13:55 It was very good actually. Think there's a Boot on here with it on?

Oh ok ...thanks.

Yep...thanks.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 14:06
toilerinblack wrote: Oh ok ...thanks.

Yep...thanks.
That's from 2004....it's great but no Sow!!

Jet on Brushes, Dave on Guitar.

https://youtu.be/aM68QWH24xY

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 19:01
toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 14:06 http://www.themeninblack.co.uk/forums/v ... 32#p454232

Yep...thanks.

Yes thanks for that i just watched it through and thought they did a really nice version of Dutch moon and like you say it was great seeing Dave on acoustic with baz up front for a change with Jet doing a great brushes display too..i really enjoyed it and again proving that they have always been a great acoustic band,i wished i had been at that one.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 29 Aug 2021, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 19:01
toilerinblack wrote: Yep...thanks.

Yes thanks for that i just watched it i thought they did a really nice version of Dutch moon and like you say it was great seeing Dave on acoustic with baz and Jet great brushes display..i enjoyed it and again proving that they have always been a great acoustic band,i wished i had been at that one.
It's brilliant!! Ain't it?...never seen that Clip...enjoyed it all and Paul seemed really happy....shame within a Year it had all turned so sour in the Camp.