And If You Should See Dave.....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: And If You Should See Dave.....

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 05 May 2021, 21:59 Yeah some of that as well. Think they were deffo going for that vibe

Maybe we'll get "he ain't heavy, he's my brother" on the b side?

Jim
There's a couple of chord changes in it that remind me of "Old Man" by Love, off the Forever Changes album. We all know that Hugh's a massive Love/Arthur Lee fan, so no doubt JJ was exposed to those albums as well during Hugh's time in the band - possibly through Hugh.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

sendwarrior wrote: 06 May 2021, 09:16
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 05 May 2021, 22:18
Seriously though it’s such a very moving song and has certainly hit me hard, fucking welled up. You know it’s been a shite year for all of us and Dave’s gone :? and this song really hits home and reflects this.
Yes it is - I spent all day yesterday holding back the tears while I was trying to work.. 😥 Had to let some spill out in the end 💔
Good, it’s not just me then who’s reaching for a hanky :lol:
Sign of a great song imho though when it hits you hard on many levels emotionally like this does.
:grin:
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

This song has been in my head all day i keep singing...just say hello.This is a top tribute from JJ & co and some of JJs best vocals i have to say,its brilliant.The band has done Dave proud.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 06 May 2021, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

toilerinblack wrote: 06 May 2021, 18:12 This song has been in my head all day i keep singing...just say hello.This is a top song and some of JJs best vocals i have to say,its brilliant.The band has done Dave proud.
Yes it certainly sticks in your mind. Lovely song. 8)
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

It's really good and it improves the more you listen it, that's always a good sign. The official release date of the track is May 14th. Wonder if the song gets more media and public response than the songs from previous albums. Well, I hope so. They deserve it without a doubt, but of course don't need it necessarely. On Youtube it has got over 15.000 clicks so far, not bad. Very positive comments too. So many Stranglers fans 🤭🍾🥂
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Lafleur wrote: 06 May 2021, 19:18 It's really good and it improves the more you listen it, that's always a good sign. The official release date of the track is May 14th. Wonder if the song gets more media and public response than the songs from previous albums. Well, I hope so. They deserve it without a doubt, but of course don't need it necessarely. On Youtube it has got over 15.000 clicks so far, not bad. Very positive comments too. So many Stranglers fans 🤭🍾🥂
Yes it is and the more i play it the more i like it,the last few days have amazed me with this band ,when all was so silent for so long about things then suddenly we here about Dark Matters and Daves song and the sort of player they have brought in ticks all my boxes.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 06 May 2021, 19:44
Lafleur wrote: 06 May 2021, 19:18 It's really good and it improves the more you listen it, that's always a good sign. The official release date of the track is May 14th. Wonder if the song gets more media and public response than the songs from previous albums. Well, I hope so. They deserve it without a doubt, but of course don't need it necessarely. On Youtube it has got over 15.000 clicks so far, not bad. Very positive comments too. So many Stranglers fans 🤭🍾🥂
Yes it is and the more i play it the more i like it,the last few days have amazed me with this band ,when all was so silent for so long about things then suddenly we here about Dark Matters and Daves song and the sort of player they have brought in ticks all my boxes.
Well to be honest, we all had our doubts about the album ever being finished? They have surprised us all, and have done the fans and Dave proud, I am as excited about this album as I was back in the Hugh days, never right off a band of this calibre, I salute JJ, Baz and Jim and raise another glass to the unique tour de force that was Dave Greenfield, he will always live on in our hearts and memories. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 06 May 2021, 22:01
toilerinblack wrote: 06 May 2021, 19:44
Well to be honest, we all had our doubts about the album ever being finished? They have surprised us all, and have done the fans and Dave proud, I am as excited about this album as I was back in the Hugh days, never right off a band of this calibre, I salute JJ, Baz and Jim and raise another glass to the unique tour de force that was Dave Greenfield, he will always live on in our hearts and memories. Lt Kudu.
Yes i suppose it is the most excited i've been for all long time, as excited as the Hugh days? well lets not get to excited thats going a little to far to say as the Hugh days lol ..but yes i'm really looking forward to it and even more that i now know theres a lot acoustic tracks on it too....great stuff!
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

The most exciting times in recent (?) history were the build up to the Norfolk Coast release and getting Big Thing Coming in the charts. This comes close though.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think same applies here really. We should really try to get them to No.1 with this album or at least Top 10.

Jim
evonx wrote: 07 May 2021, 09:53 The most exciting times in recent (?) history were the build up to the Norfolk Coast release and getting Big Thing Coming in the charts. This comes close though.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

We should really try to get them to No.1 with this album or at least Top 10.
Agreed. Of course. But, will the album have a 'regular' release too? All we ordered these last few days through their own merchandise site does not count for charts now does it?
--eric--
and there i came
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Having said that - we could try and get And If You Should See Dave on all streaming lists as high as we can (iTunes/ Spotify/ Apple Music/ Deezer/ Amazon etc etc)
--eric--
and there i came