And If You Should See Dave.....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

STEVEh
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: And If You Should See Dave.....

Post by STEVEh »

parasiteinblack wrote:Number 47 in the overall sales charts as well:
https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/s ... les-chart/

not too bad really. If anyone has access to the whole top 200 then chances are it's in there somewhere, so probably a bigger hit than "Retro Rockets" was...
This is really good. Essentially this chart is the old style based on someone actually purchasing it. On that basis it compares with their mid 80s chart positions for several singles of that period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

STEVEh wrote: 21 May 2021, 23:26
parasiteinblack wrote:Number 47 in the overall sales charts as well:
https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/s ... les-chart/

not too bad really. If anyone has access to the whole top 200 then chances are it's in there somewhere, so probably a bigger hit than "Retro Rockets" was...
This is really good. Essentially this chart is the old style based on someone actually purchasing it. On that basis it compares with their mid 80s chart positions for several singles of that period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah absolutely, I think this should be counted as the official chart personally.
Puts it alongside tracks like Let Me Down Easy and Big In America in terms of peak.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It would be nice if it got some airplay now on the back of its chart position but of course it won't now.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

It should be number one, its leagues above the turgid dross in the charts. But as i have said its an artistic and emotional success, the song has touched the fans. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 May 2021, 00:50 It should be number one, its leagues above the turgid dross in the charts. But as i have said its an artistic and emotional success, the song has touched the fans. Lt Kudu.
Yes the song has touched the fans and i was quite surprised as we were desperate for them to do some sort of tribute,there they were working away in silence with the dave song and the album and also Daves tribute cd did take me by surprise when it was all revealed a few weeks ago and the fact they are to bring in a former tribute player which is what i have been hoping for so much that they did go down that road and they are so i'm pleased too on that front which has changed my mind and views on a few things moving forwards and do now have a lot of respect for what they are now doing for their fans and for themselves obviously too,how ever good or not this album is going to be.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

toilerinblack wrote: 22 May 2021, 04:48 i'm pleased too on that front which has changed my mind and views on a few things moving forwards and do now have a lot of respect for what they are now doing for their fans and for themselves
Glad you've changed your views 👍 And yes, they really do have a lot of respect for their fans, unlike far too many other bands we could mention!

I'm not ashamed to say they have changed my life for the better 🖤
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I wonder why the radio stations ignored this song? Is it the song or is anything released by the band no matter how ever good it is, is now going to be ignored?
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

Steve Lamacq played it once. And plugged it again after playing an old song.

So I don't think it's about radio stations wanting nothing to do with the stranglers. It's maybe more to do with the song not fitting, or not being an obvious hit.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

sendwarrior wrote: 22 May 2021, 10:33
toilerinblack wrote: 22 May 2021, 04:48 i'm pleased too on that front which has changed my mind and views on a few things moving forwards and do now have a lot of respect for what they are now doing for their fans and for themselves
Glad you've changed your views 👍 And yes, they really do have a lot of respect for their fans, unlike far too many other bands we could mention!

Yes i will see how things unfold but for me the last few weeks have changed things after a year of silence which i did find frustrating as we all did as fans,but they seem to have done some really nice things and touches for Dave and their fans too and thanking their fans too on Rat Chat 6 was also nice to hear them saying that too...things are on the up and looking more positive now for the band and its fans after a very bad year.
Summer Dreamer
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Summer Dreamer »

Being played now on Stereo Underground (available on BBC Sounds)... sounds great...
'Scaffolding pays good bread'
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 22 May 2021, 14:16
sendwarrior wrote: 22 May 2021, 10:33

Yes i will see how things unfold but for me the last few weeks have changed things after a year of silence which i did find frustrating as we all did as fans,but they seem to have done some really nice things and touches for Dave and their fans too and thanking their fans too on Rat Chat 6 was also nice to hear them saying that too...things are on the up and looking more positive now for the band and its fans after a very bad year.
We all need to support the band, and we know they appreciate the fans. I can't wait for the album, I keep playing the new song, just so fucking moving. Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Hopefully another track or two will be released before the album comes out in September. Four months is a long time to wait!