DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 12 May 2021, 19:28
toilerinblack wrote: 12 May 2021, 18:14 Well i love Last Man On the Moon great,Dave song great,If somethings gonna is great too but paydays the poorer track for me sorry.
No I said I like Payday, its a good rocker with a bit of Greek mythology thrown in, I just feel Dark Matters will be better than NC the album, if course NC a great album, but maybe abit overated? As what came before was so bad ie Coup De Grace, so anything would have been better than that, but let's see, I love the video, I'm not a crier but welled up when I watched the vid, the Dave symbols, Bag, Coat, Rats etc, those Strangler chaps have shown what depth they have and tough men do cry sometimes, even me :smt005 Lt Leather Kudu.
oh right gotcha,this could well be better than NC agreed i just don't know until i hear the full album,but yes the early vibes are good and i've a real hunch this is gonna be a blinder too.I think we are going to get both JJ and baz at their very best vocal wise,good songs and i also love the fact we are in for a acoustic treat to it as well.I think theres going to be songs on here that are going to be very different from what we may be used too,with songs that are very much what we are used too,it could well be a mixed bag,but i'm only guessing we will have to wait for the proof in the pudding.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 13 May 2021, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

markorbit wrote: 11 May 2021, 14:27 I think I've heard six of the eleven songs and (apparently) a couple of the rest are more acoustic. I think it's going to be more of the same with perhaps one or two of the unheard tracks having a more progressive element.
Just listened to them all again (from live clips) and forgot how much I like Last Man On The Moon. Dave has his vibrato synth thing going on which is great. Still think Payday is a bit filler but overall the album is looking interesting.
Let's Boogie
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Because of my choice of venues last time they toured, I think I've only heard "Water". I've heard "This Song" from various youtube sources and the original artist, but I haven't heard the rest. I'm tempted to leave it now until the album arrives.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

droopsnoot wrote: 13 May 2021, 12:22 Because of my choice of venues last time they toured, I think I've only heard "Water". I've heard "This Song" from various youtube sources and the original artist, but I haven't heard the rest. I'm tempted to leave it now until the album arrives.
Yeah, hearing too many tracks in advance of release can spoil it.There must be half an album's worth or more, available to hear.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'm hoping Payday, Moon etc will sound much better on record. The snippet of Water I've heard sounds really good. Love the Dave and Somethings gonna track.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 12 May 2021, 21:08
Greatkudu wrote: 12 May 2021, 19:28
toilerinblack wrote: 12 May 2021, 18:14 Well i love Last Man On the Moon great,Dave song great,If somethings gonna is great too but paydays the poorer track for me sorry.
No I said I like Payday, its a good rocker with a bit of Greek mythology thrown in, I just feel Dark Matters will be better than NC the album, if course NC a great album, but maybe abit overated? As what came before was so bad ie Coup De Grace, so anything would have been better than that, but let's see, I love the video, I'm not a crier but welled up when I watched the vid, the Dave symbols, Bag, Coat, Rats etc, those Strangler chaps have shown what depth they have and tough men do cry sometimes, even me :smt005 Lt Leather Kudu.
oh right gotcha,this could well be better than NC agreed i just don't know until i hear the full album,but yes the early vibes are good and i've a real hunch this is gonna be a blinder too.I think we are going to get both JJ and baz at their very best vocal wise,good songs and i also love the fact we are in for a acoustic treat to it as well.I think theres going to be songs on here that are going to be very different from what we may be used too,with songs that are very much what we are used too,it could well be a mixed bag,but i'm only guessing we will have to wait for the proof in the pudding.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

markorbit wrote: 13 May 2021, 01:17
markorbit wrote: 11 May 2021, 14:27 I think I've heard six of the eleven songs and (apparently) a couple of the rest are more acoustic. I think it's going to be more of the same with perhaps one or two of the unheard tracks having a more progressive element.
Just listened to them all again (from live clips) and forgot how much I like Last Man On The Moon. Dave has his vibrato synth thing going on which is great. Still think Payday is a bit filler but overall the album is looking interesting.
i agree with what you have said here too,i love Last Man On the Moon and cannot wait to hear the studio version that could make it a real leader on this album for me and Daves keys are brilliant and bazes guitar parts is great too,i dont rate payday much either sorry its just a filler for me at best.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Louderthanwar review says the album is the equal of The Raven........brave words indeed , trouble is like last time out your expectation gets too high . I would be happy as good as Suite or NC , anything better is a huge bonus .
All quiet ..........
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 13 May 2021, 16:44 I'm hoping Payday, Moon etc will sound much better on record. The snippet of Water I've heard sounds really good. Love the Dave and Somethings gonna track.
Theres a lot of songs here that could really sound good from the studio so far from this album from what i've heard the production is brilliant,so i'm hoping for really good things from the likes of Water and Last Man On The Moon,these two songs could be the albums leading songs we shall see.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
jason wrote: 13 May 2021, 16:44 I'm hoping Payday, Moon etc will sound much better on record. The snippet of Water I've heard sounds really good. Love the Dave and Somethings gonna track.
Theres a lot of songs here that could really sound good from the studio so far from this album from what i've heard the production is brilliant,so i'm hoping for really good things from the likes of Water and Last Man On The Moon,these two songs could be the albums leading songs we shall see.
Have you seen the Version of Water from Tokyo Soundcheck??

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=eZKs9 ... ture=share

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 14 May 2021, 21:00
toilerinblack wrote:
Have you seen the Version of Water from Tokyo Soundcheck??

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=eZKs9 ... ture=share

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
No i haven't but i will do thank you.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

great version of water.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 14 May 2021, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.