DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by Josh »

Greatkudu wrote: 20 May 2021, 20:07
Cells&Plasma wrote: 20 May 2021, 19:59
Greatkudu wrote:
Sir after hearing the acoustic tracks on the dave Mason JJ interview after he played some tracks recorded acoustically with Paul, John and JJ, it made we want to listen to About Time again, it's a fine album, Jet on acoustic drums and some great Dave bits, it's a really fine album, sorry to go off thread again, so I will go back on thread by saying Dark Matters will be alot better. :smt005 Mr Kudu. :smt005 I presume.
I'm a big Fan of About Time, although Dave is too low in the Mix and the two Tours in 95 were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
He's high in mix in lucky Finger and pretty high in Still Life, now that's got to be almost as good a song as they have done, I would say its Paul's best vocal? Suits his deep tones so well. Lt Kudu.
Completely off topic, but Still Life is an outstanding song - if there's something of that calibre on Dark Matters, I'll be very pleased.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Josh wrote: 20 May 2021, 20:54
Cells&Plasma wrote: 20 May 2021, 19:59 I'm a big Fan of About Time, although Dave is too low in the Mix and the two Tours in 95 were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
He's high in mix in lucky Finger and pretty high in Still Life, now that's got to be almost as good a song as they have done, I would say its Paul's best vocal? Suits his deep tones so well. Lt Kudu.
Completely off topic, but Still Life is an outstanding song - if there's something of that calibre on Dark Matters, I'll be very pleased.
True it is a good song from this bands past and one that was sung very nicely from Paul,infact there were songs that only he could do with his deliverence and style.I'm hoping for better things from DM the album overall hopefully than Still Life was,but agree with you it was a good song sung by Paul.The current line up has i think moved on from the style and type of song under the Paul days,this band now is far better but obviously the Paul days is still a big part of this bands history looking back on it and shouldnt be forgotten.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 20 May 2021, 21:30
Josh wrote: 20 May 2021, 20:54

True it is a good song from this bands past and one that was sung very nicely from Paul,infact there were songs that only he could do with his deliverence and style.I'm hoping for better things from DM the album overall hopefully than Still Life was,but agree with you it was a good song sung by Paul.The current line up has i think moved on from the style and type of song under the Paul days,this band now is far better but obviously the Paul days is still a big part of this bands history looking back on it and shouldnt be forgotten.
Totally agree Sir. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well i think the cover to DM is great especially after their last one Giants, which i think was not right as a cover at all.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

toilerinblack wrote: 30 May 2021, 18:15 Well i think the cover to DM is great especially after their last one Giants, which i think was not right as a cover at all.
Problem to me with Giants cover was it was almost harkening back to those old singles like SBC , Grip, Sleazy etc , where everything was shades of grey and a bit of red .Worked back in those days as it showed a bit of menace but for the band to try that sort of thing now , I just don't feel it works for a bunch of sixty plusses . The singles to me then suited the mainly punk audience .
All quiet ..........
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

toilerinblack wrote: 30 May 2021, 18:15 Well i think the cover to DM is great especially after their last one Giants, which i think was not right as a cover at all.
They should re release with a more tasteful cover one day.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

jason wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 12:33
They should re release with a more tasteful cover one day.
The one with just the nooses was pretty good imo.
Never say goodbye,
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

jason wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 12:33 They should re release with a more tasteful cover one day.
Was there even a thematic connection to the album with that cover? Couldn't hear any myself.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

8088 wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 13:17
jason wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 12:33 They should re release with a more tasteful cover one day.
Was there even a thematic connection to the album with that cover? Couldn't hear any myself.
I'm not really sure why the nooses either. It wasn't too bad just the nooses but second version wasn't for me.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Very tenuous thematically, but does Baz not sing something about a noose on My Fickle Resolve?
Never say goodbye,
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Josh wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 13:34 Very tenuous thematically, but does Baz not sing something about a noose on My Fickle Resolve?
Maybe....only listened to it once - not a favourite.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

8088 wrote:
Josh wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 13:34 Very tenuous thematically, but does Baz not sing something about a noose on My Fickle Resolve?
Maybe....only listened to it once - not a favourite.
Yes he does, something about a noose stand...

Wasn't there an idea at the time about them feeling that they'd been written off or even "strung up" by the media, or something along those lines?

I seem to remember shortly after another pic of them looking very happy / even laughing, as if to say "you tried to kill us but look at us now...", or something like that anyway...
I Hate You !