DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 16:07
8088 wrote:
Josh wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 13:34 Very tenuous thematically, but does Baz not sing something about a noose on My Fickle Resolve?
Maybe....only listened to it once - not a favourite.
Yes he does, something about a noose stand...

Wasn't there an idea at the time about them feeling that they'd been written off or even "strung up" by the media, or something along those lines?

I seem to remember shortly after another pic of them looking very happy / even laughing, as if to say "you tried to kill us but look at us now...", or something like that anyway...
Yes Sir exactly, it was strung up by the media symbolism, as JJ said he who laughs last laughs longest, despite all the PC press, the band are still there but obviously very sadly without Dave but as long as they produce good music im with them till the end, I'm a loyal soul. Lt Keys Kudu.
Last edited by Greatkudu on 09 Jun 2021, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

This "us and them" mentality is a figment of JJ's mind - British music journalists (as much as that concept exists now) haven't cared for 30 years as the band that got up their noses back then ceased to exist in 1990.

It's all part and parcel of their 'brand' that stokes up nostalgia for their former glories but especially now that Dave's gone, it's time to embrace new potentials and develop gracefully.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

8088 wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 18:09 This "us and them" mentality is a figment of JJ's mind - British music journalists (as much as that concept exists now) haven't cared for 30 years as the band that got up their noses back then ceased to exist in 1990.
Agreed.It was over by the mid eighties nevermind 1990.The Stranglers have received as much good press as bad.Probably more.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Ruby wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 18:27
8088 wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 18:09 This "us and them" mentality is a figment of JJ's mind - British music journalists (as much as that concept exists now) haven't cared for 30 years as the band that got up their noses back then ceased to exist in 1990.
Agreed.It was over by the mid eighties nevermind 1990.The Stranglers have received as much good press as bad.Probably more.
yep, true enough point there.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Roll on September!......After a 9 Year wait!....The Boys Are Back In Town!....With a new album!...Bring It On!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 18:37 Roll on September!......After a 9 Year wait!....The Boys Are Back In Town!....With a new album!...Bring It On!
Yes boys are back in town, Thin Lizzy song :smt005 but I know what you mean, I'm so excited I could crush a grape, but i won't eat my hat. But seriously very excited about the album. Lt Keys Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 20:50
toilerinblack wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 18:37 Roll on September!......After a 9 Year wait!....The Boys Are Back In Town!....With a new album!...Bring It On!
Yes boys are back in town, Thin Lizzy song :smt005 but I know what you mean, I'm so excited I could crush a grape, but i won't eat my hat. But seriously very excited about the album. Lt Keys Kudu.
Blimey i could crush a grape.....very good! that takes me back,The Krankies hehehehe
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 21:52
Blimey i could crush a grape.....very good! that takes me back,The Krankies hehehehe
Yes bring back the Krankies and Crackerjack Pencils, Hugh had an idea of what to do with them :smt005 sorry for going off thread. Maybe we need a new thread about the Krankies? Or maybe not. Hartly Hare.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 08:45

Yes bring back the Krankies and Crackerjack Pencils, Hugh had an idea of what to do with them :smt005 sorry for going off thread. Maybe we need a new thread about the Krankies? Or maybe not. Hartly Hare.
Blimey we are going well off thread here but yeah its friday its five to five and its...Crackerjack! Ed Stewert,Hartley Hare lol Parsley the Lion,Hectors House,Mr Benn,Wacky Races,The Clangers,Thunderbirds... Bring Back the good old telly programmes,.I've got to stop now well off thread,back to all things Stranglers lol
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 09:57
Blimey we are going well off thread here but yeah its friday its five to five and its...Crackerjack! Ed Stewert,Hartley Hare lol Parsley the Lion,Hectors House,Mr Benn,Wacky Races,The Clangers,Thunderbirds... Bring Back the good old telly programmes,.I've got to stop now well off thread,back to all things Stranglers lol
Yes great memories, i will go back on thread, I really cant wait for the album, played the Dave song earlier, still love it, some sublime guitar work from Baz and very subtle drumming from the boy Jim. Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I really like the Dave track too. I've played it many times now and still love it. :smt007
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 18:00
toilerinblack wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 09:57

Yes great memories, i will go back on thread, I really cant wait for the album, played the Dave song earlier, still love it, some sublime guitar work from Baz and very subtle drumming from the boy Jim. Lt Kudu.
Agreed,Bazes guitar work for the Dave song has been thought out and played very well indeed i must say that its perfect.The subtle drumming is too and jjs vocals its all been done very well and it is the right tribute that they could of done for him for sure.I am playing it less now days but its still a great song,i'm now just looking forward to the big one...Dark Matters! roll on September.