DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by Greatkudu »

Dark Matters a metaphor for alot of things? Love the title and I really can't wait for the album, I sent a friend of mine a lady, the new single and she really liked it but said it was sad, great to have a non fans opinion, as sometimes being such big fans our opinions are clouded sometimes, JJ a modest man is even cautious about saying how great the album is? But I have a very good feeling about this album, and it's the most excited I have been about a Stranglers album since Dreamtime. Lt R1Kudu on op amurula. Over but never out. :smt005
shah
The Raven
The Raven

Post by shah »

" The upcoming album is a gem - been listening to it loads - it has everything you love about the stranglers plus more"

Super encouraging.
Has a nice, bracing, short but sweet instrumental then! :grin:
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

shah wrote: 10 May 2021, 17:09 " The upcoming album is a gem - been listening to it loads - it has everything you love about the stranglers plus more"

Super encouraging.
Been listening to what of the album?
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 10 May 2021, 17:20
shah wrote: 10 May 2021, 17:09 " The upcoming album is a gem - been listening to it loads - it has everything you love about the stranglers plus more"

Super encouraging.
Sir I think its John Robbs quote as he has heard the album and probably has a hard or electronic copy. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 10 May 2021, 17:23

Super encouraging.
Sir I think its John Robbs quote as he has heard the album and probably has a hard or electronic copy. Lt Kudu.
Oh ok gotcha thanks.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:

Super encouraging.
John Robb was ecstatic about Giants too and look what happened there??!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 10 May 2021, 18:43
Greatkudu wrote:

True...i've a feeling this is going to be a better album than Giants but the proof will be in the pudding,the covers far better for a start lol
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote:
Greatkudu wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 10 May 2021, 17:20 Been listening to what of the album?

I like John Robb but he is a fan of the band and just sings their praises anyway whatever they do..
I Hate You !
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

aldinblack wrote: 10 May 2021, 18:52 I like John Robb but he is a fan of the band and just sings their praises anyway whatever they do..
There is a degree of that. Similarly JJ has been saying "this is our best album ever" for every album since "About Time" or thereabouts, so I'll make my own mind up after I've been listening to it for a bit.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

droopsnoot wrote: 11 May 2021, 09:10
aldinblack wrote: 10 May 2021, 18:52 I like John Robb but he is a fan of the band and just sings their praises anyway whatever they do..
There is a degree of that. Similarly JJ has been saying "this is our best album ever" for every album since "About Time" or thereabouts, so I'll make my own mind up after I've been listening to it for a bit.
Yes but to be honest JJ has been a bit Conservative about album, he seems happy with it. I think it will be a great album, on evidence so far I think so. Lt Kudu.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Greatkudu wrote:
droopsnoot wrote: 11 May 2021, 09:10
Yes but to be honest JJ has been a bit Conservative about album, he seems happy with it. I think it will be a great album, on evidence so far I think so. Lt Kudu.
I"m sure JJ expressed that it would be difficult to say how it compares to the other 17 albums.

Also I don't think comparing is necessarily relevant anyway. I think it'll be an album "of the times" for the band, and I'm confident that the "patchiness" that we saw on Giants will be avoided.

In the final analysis of all Stranglers albums though I can't see the likes of Rattus / B&W /Raven ever being bettered - not by anyone !
I Hate You !
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

theraven1979 wrote: 10 May 2021, 08:29 He replied to a tweet of mine on Saturday night. It's public so I'm sure he'll be ok with me placing it here......

" The upcoming album is a gem - been listening to it loads - it has everything you love about the stranglers plus more"

Jim
shah wrote: 10 May 2021, 03:56 Does anyone know, or even had a chat with John R about the new lp? He's clearly heard it and what he mentioned (a few times) was quite intriguing and hopeful. I wonder what he would say to "what Stranglers songs or periods do you sense an echo of?'....he implied that. Interested in his take outside of the JJ interview - where he needs to be cautious and oblique to an extent?
JR raved about Giants and it's not a even a good album.
I find JR gets a bit excited, grand a fella as he appears to be, but he over eggs.

I'll be the judge of if it's a gem as will you!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+