DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

painter in black
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by painter in black »

Ordered mine , the full package, their swansong!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

painter in black wrote: 06 May 2021, 07:43 Ordered mine , the full package, their swansong!
A miracle we almost have a 99% per cent positive about the new album and preview song. Lt Laurel Kudu. :smt005 :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Who wouldn't be positive about a new album?. Been a long time coming. Let's hope it's a good one.

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 06 May 2021, 09:54
painter in black wrote: 06 May 2021, 07:43 Ordered mine , the full package, their swansong!
A miracle we almost have a 99% per cent positive about the new album and preview song. Lt Laurel Kudu. :smt005 :smt005
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Mart
Rats Rally

Post by Mart »

I Wouldnt be too sure this is their swansong hopefully
When i rest my weary head after all my words are said
Kernow Malc
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Kernow Malc »

Looking forward to it!
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Lafleur wrote: 05 May 2021, 07:43
jason wrote: 05 May 2021, 00:41 Wasn't Anger going to be on the album?
Unfortunately not, but who knows maybe it didn't fit to the rest. JJ once said it's the heaviest track they have ever recorded. So at least it has been recorded and there is hope it will be released one day.
Some other tracks they have written past Dave which JJ has mentioned in recent interviews aren't on the album either. I would have preferred that the cover This Song is not on the album but a b-side of a single. Instead of This Song another self composed song on the new album...
Or both ?
All quiet ..........
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Given how long it's taken them to make this record, I'd say it was more likely to be their swansong than not.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

All ordered now . Can't wait .
All quiet ..........
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

This Song, should deff be on the album, it was great live and totally fits, who gives a f.ck that's it's a cover, they have Stranglerfied it. Lt Hardy Kudu.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:This Song, should deff be on the album, it was great live and totally fits, who gives a f.ck that's it's a cover, they have Stranglerfied it. Lt Hardy Kudu.
Totally agree with you here Sir!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Mathew must be thrilled.Who wouldn't be ? Having your song on a Stranglers album.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Ruby wrote: 06 May 2021, 11:37 Mathew must be thrilled.Who wouldn't be ? Having your song on a Stranglers album.
Yes he must, didnt the Stranglers add another verse? A class song, and totally deserves to be on album, I haven't been so excited about a Stranglers album since the Hugh days, their is buzz about this album, the really sad bit is, it probably gave the band the impetus to finish it in memory of Dave, so I see the album as special as its a farewell to Dave, and by all accounts the great man has left us with some lovely keyboards to enjoy, a shame he didn't get to see all the buzz around this forthcoming release, on the positive Dave had an amazing life doing what he loved doing. Lt Kudu.