DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by StanInBlack »

Lafleur wrote: 05 May 2021, 07:43 I would have preferred that the cover This Song is not on the album but a b-side of a single. Instead of This Song another self composed song on the new album...
I completely agree, they've obviously had other original tracks on the go, and it would have been nice to keep it all original.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Anyway, I think that the artwork to this is probably their best sleeve in a long time, even though I'd definitely say it's nowhere in the same league as their more iconic sleeves from 1977-1990. It definitely outdoes every single one of the MKII era sleeves, is better to look at than Norfolk Coast and is less crass than Giants.

Rather than fork out for one of the expensive bundles - which I'm not going to do - I'm probably going to avoid pre-ordering entirely and I'm going to wait until I've actually heard this one in full once it hits Spotify before forking out for it.

I do wonder what's on that bonus CD, though! I'm thinking it's either live stuff, or a compilation of Dave's "highlights" with the band... I'd be most impressed if there were more new material on there, though.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 05 May 2021, 16:35

I do wonder what's on that bonus CD, though! I'm thinking it's either live stuff, or a compilation of Dave's "highlights" with the band... I'd be most impressed if there were more new material on there, though.
There's a tracklisting on the online store, it's some live tracks from the past few years with either Dave on vocals or some of his top keyboard solos.
Better chance of a top chart position if you pre-order btw, just saying...
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

StanInBlack wrote:Anyway, I think that the artwork to this is probably their best sleeve in a long time, even though I'd definitely say it's nowhere in the same league as their more iconic sleeves from 1977-1990. It definitely outdoes every single one of the MKII era sleeves, is better to look at than Norfolk Coast and is less crass than Giants.

Rather than fork out for one of the expensive bundles - which I'm not going to do - I'm probably going to avoid pre-ordering entirely and I'm going to wait until I've actually heard this one in full once it hits Spotify before forking out for it.

I'm sure I saw the track listing somewhere for the tribute CD? I thought I saw live Dave tracks ie Dead Ringer, Peasent, Genetix, do you wanna...
I Hate You !
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

parasiteinblack wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 05 May 2021, 16:35

There's a tracklisting on the online store, it's some live tracks from the past few years with either Dave on vocals or some of his top keyboard solos.
And I think I'm right in saying you only get the bonus cd with the pre-order.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

parasiteinblack wrote: 05 May 2021, 16:45 There's a tracklisting on the online store, it's some live tracks from the past few years with either Dave on vocals or some of his top keyboard solos.
Ah yeah! I didn't see it before, cuz you have to click on one of the bundles to see it...

Dave Greenfield – A Tribute' (Exclusive Bonus CD) Tracklisting:

1. Dead Ringer (from from Black & White 2016 UK Tour)
2. Peasant In The Big Shitty (Live from Ruby Anniversary 2014 UK Tour)
3. Walk On By (Live from TSUTAYA O-West, Tokyo, Japan 2019)
4. Do You Wanna? (Live from Black & White 2016 UK Tour)
5. Baroque Bordello (Live from Brixton Academy, Back On The Tracks Tour, London 2019)
6. 4 Horsemen (Live from March On 2015 UK Tour)
7. This Song (Live from Brixton Academy, Back On The Tracks Tour, London 2019)
8. Water (Live from Brixton Academy, Back On The Tracks Tour, London 2019)
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Well personally I think the band and management have done great, the Dave tribute song is a touching piece of work, Dave would be proud of the band, as for the cover, whats not to like? If this album is as good as I think it is?It will be the Stranglers going out on a high as highly likely its their final album, I think with this album they will be judged on their own terms, I think it could be up their with some of the classics? Of course I don't know but what I have heard gives me that impression, well done lads and thanks for proving some people wrong by doubting there would be a final album, it's time to get behind the band now, the current members left have earned their stripes, we should all salute the band for carrying on in tragic circumstances, Mr Greenfield would be smiling wherever he is. Lt Kudu.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Have to agree, the packages on offer are great. I'm even gonna get a vinyl album for the first time in about 20 years, although I haven't even got a turntable at the moment!

But the future looks promising, covid permitting, and they seem to be entering it with utmost respect and class...
I Hate You !
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

StanInBlack wrote: 05 May 2021, 16:53
parasiteinblack wrote: 05 May 2021, 16:45 There's a tracklisting on the online store, it's some live tracks from the past few years with either Dave on vocals or some of his top keyboard solos.
Ah yeah! I didn't see it before, cuz you have to click on one of the bundles to see it...

Dave Greenfield – A Tribute' (Exclusive Bonus CD) Tracklisting:

1. Dead Ringer (from from Black & White 2016 UK Tour)
2. Peasant In The Big Shitty (Live from Ruby Anniversary 2014 UK Tour)
3. Walk On By (Live from TSUTAYA O-West, Tokyo, Japan 2019)
4. Do You Wanna? (Live from Black & White 2016 UK Tour)
5. Baroque Bordello (Live from Brixton Academy, Back On The Tracks Tour, London 2019)
6. 4 Horsemen (Live from March On 2015 UK Tour)
7. This Song (Live from Brixton Academy, Back On The Tracks Tour, London 2019)
8. Water (Live from Brixton Academy, Back On The Tracks Tour, London 2019)
How the heck can it not include Genetix? Was there no suitable version available I wonder.
Let's Boogie
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

markorbit wrote: 05 May 2021, 19:27 How the heck can it not include Genetix? Was there no suitable version available I wonder.
Presumably not :( There may not be a good enough recent recording, as they didn't play it often.
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

sendwarrior wrote: 05 May 2021, 19:55
markorbit wrote: 05 May 2021, 19:27 How the heck can it not include Genetix? Was there no suitable version available I wonder.
Presumably not :( There may not be a good enough recent recording, as they didn't play it often.
Hammersmith 2010 would be the obvious one as the gig was filmed.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 May 2021, 17:46 Well personally I think the band and management have done great, the Dave tribute song is a touching piece of work, Dave would be proud of the band, as for the cover, whats not to like? If this album is as good as I think it is?It will be the Stranglers going out on a high as highly likely its their final album, I think with this album they will be judged on their own terms, I think it could be up their with some of the classics? Of course I don't know but what I have heard gives me that impression, well done lads and thanks for proving some people wrong by doubting there would be a final album, it's time to get behind the band now, the current members left have earned their stripes, we should all salute the band for carrying on in tragic circumstances, Mr Greenfield would be smiling wherever he is. Lt Kudu.
Yep well said...i agree 100%, the tribute ideas nice..The tribute artwork looks nice,The dave songs nice,Dark Matters artwork looks amazing best cover since i dont know how long.For me so far and i'm not jumping the gun but everything i've seen and looked at so far looks very good and yes i think Dave would of been proud at what they have done for him,this is what i've been waiting for to see the band tribute him and they have done that what appears to be very nicely and fitting too, so well done to them for doing that.Like you say its time to get right behind them and buy the pre order album so you can get the tribute cd and the t shirt too,everybody should as much possible because i think they have answered alot of unanswered questions regarding Dave and to tribute him in some way or another.Overall so far i'm well impressed this is more like the stranglers with the sound and artworks too i think.