DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

BasiltheBrush
Rats Rally

DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by BasiltheBrush »

I HATE YOU MORE THAN RADIOACTIVITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one - You heard it here first :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
bigrubberglove
Rats Rally

Post by bigrubberglove »

Just opened my wallet super wide! Had to get the signed test press on vinyl too. Just 25 made. Love the "Dark Matters" title. Perfect. Less sold on the cover art. Love the Dave CD tribute. Woo hoo!
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

Please tell me the statue on the cover isnt the same one they used for the cover of Coup de Grace!
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

bigrubberglove wrote: 04 May 2021, 16:48 Just opened my wallet super wide! Had to get the signed test press on vinyl too. Just 25 made. Love the "Dark Matters" title. Perfect. Less sold on the cover art. Love the Dave CD tribute. Woo hoo!
Very nice, the signed test press had sold out by the time I'd reached checkout.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Great work and well done to everyone involved, this is exactly the sort of release this album deserves.
I've gone for the £60 bundle myself.
This will have a very good chance of a high chart position upon release with all these formats and pre-orders, dare we dream of a number 1?

I think the cover looks brilliant, best one in decades, and a pretty good title too. Woo!
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Bogenbroom
Rats Rally

Post by Bogenbroom »

Pre ordered the standard CD and live tribute.

Looking forward to hearing it (can’t really believe it’s actually happening!) but not convinced by the cover. Maybe it’ll look better as a physical object, but from here it looks like a bit of stock imagery with the Stranglers logo bunged on top. Kind of like About Time or Coup de Grace...
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Looks like the new keyboard player has a got a fucking huge nose.
Seriously though the cover is ok but I just wanna desperately hear the new music.
8)
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Very interesting day... just looking at the album artwork. There's a disclaimer that product may differ. Isn't the title written in the Dalek font from the old Doctor Who comics? ;-) Dalek Matters!
Let's Boogie
devondaveinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by devondaveinblack »

Great title, great cover, best in ages IMO.
Good to see a great bundle choice. Well put together. Congrats to those involved

Its good to have the buzz of a Stranglers release again. Been too long, and wasn't sure if that would happen again.

No doubt, the whingers will all appear, don't like the title, don't like the cover, don't like the font.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

parasiteinblack wrote: 04 May 2021, 17:59 This will have a very good chance of a high chart position upon release with all these formats and pre-orders, dare we dream of a number 1?
Will it, if everyone is buying from the merchandise store? As I filled in the form just now I wondered whether all the pre-orders we're doing here would count, or if we'd be better buying from the high street when it's released.
devondaveinblack wrote: 04 May 2021, 18:21 Its good to have the buzz of a Stranglers release again. Been too long, and wasn't sure if that would happen again.
It is, I wonder if the buzz will remain for the next four months.

I wonder why they didn't choose to delay it a day, and release on September 11th? I don't know when the album chart is calculated, perhaps a Friday is better than a Saturday. Looking forward to it, anyway.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
steinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by steinblack »

Ordered and looking forward to hearing it if the snippet of Water is anything to go by.