DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by markorbit »

I think I've heard six of the eleven songs and (apparently) a couple of the rest are more acoustic. I think it's going to be more of the same with perhaps one or two of the unheard tracks having a more progressive element.
Let's Boogie
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

markorbit wrote: 11 May 2021, 14:27 I think I've heard six of the eleven songs and (apparently) a couple of the rest are more acoustic. I think it's going to be more of the same with perhaps one or two of the unheard tracks having a more progressive element.
It's alot different from Giants I think, an album i still like, despite most on here hating it,ive always been in the minority, its never bothered me. Lt Perrie Kudu.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

I wouldn't say I hate Giants but it never inspired me enough to buy a copy, not even for the sake of adding to my collection.It's not that bad but once you've heard it you've heard it.Not one for playing over and over.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 11 May 2021, 17:49
markorbit wrote: 11 May 2021, 14:27 I think I've heard six of the eleven songs and (apparently) a couple of the rest are more acoustic. I think it's going to be more of the same with perhaps one or two of the unheard tracks having a more progressive element.
It's alot different from Giants I think, an album i still like, despite most on here hating it,ive always been in the minority, its never bothered me. Lt Perrie Kudu.
Agreed, i think its going to be very different than to Giants with it being more acoustic for a start.I think some of Giants is ok,but can this album be better than NC? if it is then it could well on track to be the best album post Hugh...time will tell.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 11 May 2021, 20:17
Agreed, i think its going to be very different than to Giants with it being more acoustic for a start.I think some of Giants is ok,but can this album be better than NC? if it is then it could well on track to be the best album post Hugh...time will tell.
Sir I have a feeling it will be a corker, but let's wait and see. Mr Robb is excited and so am I. After watching a few minutes of the hideous brit awards, makes me appreciate the band even more. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 11 May 2021, 20:22

Sir I have a feeling it will be a corker, but let's wait and see. Mr Robb is excited and so am I. After watching a few minutes of the hideous brit awards, makes me appreciate the band even more. Lt Kudu.
Yep thats the feeling i have about this album.Everything so far seems very good,but saying that if you've got tracks like payday which i think is very weak then some of it could be very good and some might not be,a bit of a mixtured quality album i hope not. But after hearing the Dave songs production which does sound very good,i think this could be a blinder,its only a hunch and with all the long awaited hype now we could still be wrong,but i'm sticking my neck out in saying that Dark Matters alongside NC could be their best two albums post hugh....time will tell.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 11 May 2021, 20:46
Yep thats the feeling i have about this album.Everything so far seems very good,but saying that if you've got tracks like payday which i think is very weak then some of it could be very good and some might not be,a bit of a mixtured quality album i hope not. But after hearing the Dave songs production which does sound very good,i think this could be a blinder,its only a hunch and with all the long awaited hype now we could still be wrong,but i'm sticking my neck out in saying that Dark Matters alongside NC could be their best two albums post hugh....time will tell.
Yes I like Payday, I think the songs I have heard are more interesting than on NC,I really can't wait for album, the three additional songs on album, we have heard two of them now and they are high class, I trust John Robb.Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

John Robb says new album is best since The Raven and as good as the classics? A bold statement, but the album has to be good or great for Dave and the legacy, exciting times to be Stranglers fan, but I prefer Little Mix they are just amazing, I have all their albums. :smt005 Lt Perry Kudu, on op Leather.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

We can all decide for ourselves once the album is released no matter what John Robb thinks about it.Seems a good bloke but he's not an impartial critic.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 11 May 2021, 21:59
toilerinblack wrote: 11 May 2021, 20:46

Yes I like Payday, I think the songs I have heard are more interesting than on NC,I really can't wait for album, the three additional songs on album, we have heard two of them now and they are high class, I trust John Robb.Lt Kudu.
Payday better than NC really?
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well i love Last Man On the Moon great,Dave song great,If somethings gonna is great too but paydays the poorer track for me sorry.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 12 May 2021, 18:14 Well i love Last Man On the Moon great,Dave song great,If somethings gonna is great too but paydays the poorer track for me sorry.
No I said I like Payday, its a good rocker with a bit of Greek mythology thrown in, I just feel Dark Matters will be better than NC the album, if course NC a great album, but maybe abit overated? As what came before was so bad ie Coup De Grace, so anything would have been better than that, but let's see, I love the video, I'm not a crier but welled up when I watched the vid, the Dave symbols, Bag, Coat, Rats etc, those Strangler chaps have shown what depth they have and tough men do cry sometimes, even me :smt005 Lt Leather Kudu.