JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Look we’re living in depressing times, like everyone in the world I’m tired of this Covid nightmare and we desperately need something great to happen.

So when it’s time for gigs to start happening again, Hugh & JJ should just kiss and make up and give us all one last Stranglers tour.
Life’s too short FFS.

JJ then can go back and crack on with Baz and the other guys in The Stranglers and Hugh back to what he does.

I feel Hugh & JJ owe the fans it to be honest, we bought all the records, all the merch, went on all the tours so get on with it guys.

And best of all do it for Dave.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Re: JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

Post by sendwarrior »

You're a month late for April Fools Day.. :lol:
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smt005

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I read this in the voice of Sean Bean... that fucking tea advert has a lot to answer for :smt005
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 01 May 2021, 11:59 Look we’re living in depressing times, like everyone in the world I’m tired of this Covid nightmare and we desperately need something great to happen.

So when it’s time for gigs to start happening again, Hugh & JJ should just kiss and make up and give us all one last Stranglers tour.
Life’s too short FFS.

JJ then can go back and crack on with Baz and the other guys in The Stranglers and Hugh back to what he does.

I feel Hugh & JJ owe the fans it to be honest, we bought all the records, all the merch, went on all the tours so get on with it guys.

Sir a nice idea, if it happens i would eat my hat, sadly more chance of Charlie Stayt having a charisma than that, he's the arrogant le tosseur who was rude to Baz when JJ, Jet and Baz appeared on BBC breakfast some years ago now. Lt Kudu.
BikerinBlack
Rats Rally

Post by BikerinBlack »

Without Jet and Dave would it really be The Stranglers ? I would settle for them both to do a gig with there own bands doing stranglers songs but who would go on first would be interesting .
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

BikerinBlack wrote: 01 May 2021, 19:21 Without Jet and Dave would it really be The Stranglers ?
No, it wouldn't.

It'd be great if JJ & Hugh made up and did an acoustic gig as a duo under their own names (rather than The Stranglers) where they played only Stranglers stuff from 1974-1990 (hits, rarities etc.), but the reality of it is that nobody would get even that. It's just not going to happen. Hugh would absolutely, categorically not want to do it.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

A shit idea
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

marky wrote: 01 May 2021, 20:18A shit idea
Why is it ? It's not going to happen of course but it's still a nice idea/thought.Even a reconciliation between JJ and Hugh and a few drinks together would be nice but even that seems out of the question, sadly.As Arthur says,life's too short.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

That aint ever gonna happen but its still a good ...DREAMTIME!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes it would be great to see Hugh and JJ together on stage, but we just have to accept it won't happen now,know dynamic for it, I think it would be great if JJ played bass on Hughs next album, but more chance me winning the lottery than that happening.Hugh doesn't even like JJ now and JJ has moved on. Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Life's too short to look back and step backwards.

Jim
Ruby wrote: 01 May 2021, 21:12
marky wrote: 01 May 2021, 20:18A shit idea
Why is it ? It's not going to happen of course but it's still a nice idea/thought.Even a reconciliation between JJ and Hugh and a few drinks together would be nice but even that seems out of the question, sadly.As Arthur says,life's too short.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"