JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

Post by Greatkudu »

evonx wrote: 06 May 2021, 11:07
The boat has sailed by, like a ship that passes in the night
I see what you did there 8) :lol:
Yes trying to be metaphoric. Lt Kudu. :smt005
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

aldinblack wrote: 04 May 2021, 13:52 This ship has sailed many years ago. There was a time when it was possible, as some have said, but there's no chance now nor should there be.
Even the fantasy has expired!
Indeed. Once upon a time I would have liked to have seen it happen - preferably at some point the '90s - but these days I'm happy with the way things are. I'm certainly more than happy with the catalogue of albums Hugh's put out, The Stranglers without him far less so.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

Greatkudu wrote: 01 May 2021, 15:25
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 01 May 2021, 11:59 Look we’re living in depressing times, like everyone in the world I’m tired of this Covid nightmare and we desperately need something great to happen.

So when it’s time for gigs to start happening again, Hugh & JJ should just kiss and make up and give us all one last Stranglers tour.
Life’s too short FFS.

JJ then can go back and crack on with Baz and the other guys in The Stranglers and Hugh back to what he does.

I feel Hugh & JJ owe the fans it to be honest, we bought all the records, all the merch, went on all the tours so get on with it guys.

And best of all do it for Dave.
Sir a nice idea, if it happens i would eat my hat, sadly more chance of Charlie Stayt having a charisma than that, he's the arrogant le tosseur who was rude to Baz when JJ, Jet and Baz appeared on BBC breakfast some years ago now. Lt Kudu.
Indeed,Charlie Stayt is most definitely a wanker of the highest order
See You At The Bar
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

I don't recall this.What happened ?
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Ruby wrote:I don't recall this.What happened ?
https://youtu.be/ow8jRgC6TB8

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Oh right, cut Baz off mid sentence.Forgot.Not sure if he was intentionally rude or just trying to cram in as much as possible in the short time.May as well have invited two instead of three, for seven minutes.
Last edited by Ruby on 06 May 2021, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Ruby wrote: 06 May 2021, 20:03 I don't recall this.What happened ?
It was the bit where Stayt said to Baz, there's always someone who stays quiet, Baz was talking about how they write songs and Stayt cut him off and asked Jet about his health, I gather Baz wasn't impressed by Stayt.Jet stole the show though. Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Yeah, I remember Baz whining about this on his blog, but far from it being a conspiracy to silence or take the piss out of the non-original member, watching that video to me just looks like a couple of breakfast TV presenters doing their job. They got everyone involved and managed to cram in as much as possible into the finite amount of time that they had, and Baz wasn't cut off mid-sentence at all - looks like he undoubtedly had finished what he had to say to me. Besides, it's breakfast TV, what was Baz expecting? "Ooh, E major to G# minor, tell me Baz, how does that work?" said no breakfast TV interviewer ever. It's not the forum for any kind of deep dive into the minutiae of songcraft and never has been.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Why would anyone give an ounce of fuck about what some cheesey breakfast TV nobber thinks? Seriously it wouldn't even be a blip on my give-a-fuck-ometer

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 06 May 2021, 20:13
Ruby wrote:I don't recall this.What happened ?
https://youtu.be/ow8jRgC6TB8

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Naga Munchetty sat beside him is even worse, live on TV she was shut down by weather presenter Carol Kirkwood on a edition of BBC Breakfast as the host made reference to the forecaster in relation to a pig.

Carol Kirkwood is such a lovely woman and as some of us know is a Stranglers fan too.

I think there’s a pic of her at a Stranglers gig on the ‘Famous fans’ thread with that other nice TV presenter who’s also a fan who saw em when she was 11 back in the 70’s? and clearly still has a thing for JJ on that other BBC interview with JJ & Baz.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Yeah that Munchetty was rude to an American singer just because he adressed her as ma'am. Perfectly polite and respectful behaviour but she took exception to it and put him straight, live on air.Must have been some sort of 'ist' or 'ism' Anyway, back on topic.When was this rejoining supposedly near to happening ? Mid 90s ? Late 90s?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Mid 90s

Jim
Ruby wrote: 07 May 2021, 11:22 Yeah that Munchetty was rude to an American singer just because he adressed her as ma'am. Perfectly polite and respectful behaviour but she took exception to it and put him straight, live on air.Must have been some sort of 'ist' or 'ism' Anyway, back on topic.When was this rejoining supposedly near to happening ? Mid 90s ? Late 90s?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"