JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

Post by MiB81 »

Out of them all, Charlie and Naga are the breakfast dream team to this boy.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

theraven1979 wrote: 07 May 2021, 11:25 Mid 90s
And Hugh was genuinely tempted and close to rejoining ? Has he ever said as much himself ?
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Ruby wrote: 07 May 2021, 11:22 Yeah that Munchetty was rude to an American singer just because he adressed her as ma'am. Perfectly polite and respectful behaviour but she took exception to it and put him straight, live on air.Must have been some sort of 'ist' or 'ism' Anyway, back on topic.When was this rejoining supposedly near to happening ? Mid 90s ? Late 90s?
I can’t still can’t believe she said live on air on a breakfast show -
“You took Heroin” “You did”
JJ clearly was taken aback but came back at her with great humour.
Imagine if someone had asked her the same?
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Ruby wrote: 07 May 2021, 11:47
theraven1979 wrote: 07 May 2021, 11:25 Mid 90s
And Hugh was genuinely tempted and close to rejoining ? Has he ever said as much himself ?
There was a meeting at a Hugh gig with JJ in a corridor and JJ was apparently leant against and thumping his fists against the wall. I may be wrong but I think this had a big effect on Hugh and he felt threatened so the reunion was not going to happen back then.
:?
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 07 May 2021, 11:53
There was a meeting at a Hugh gig with JJ in a corridor and JJ was apparently leant against and thumping his fists against the wall. I may be wrong but I think this had a big effect on Hugh and he felt threatened so the reunion was not going to happen back then.
Yes I read about that in one of the books, a gig near JJ's town.Doesnt sound much like a reunion on the cards to me.Perhaps this was 1992 ish
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Ruby wrote:
Yes I read about that in one of the books, a gig near JJ's town.Doesnt sound much like a reunion on the cards to me.Perhaps this was 1992 ish
Wasn't Hugh supporting Big Country @ Cambridge Corn Exchange...I think Ian Grant organised the Meeting?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

I think so.It just doesn't seem like Hugh would be tempted does it, picturing the scene in your mind's eye ?
Last edited by Ruby on 07 May 2021, 12:17, edited 2 times in total.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Cells&Plasma wrote: 07 May 2021, 12:09
Ruby wrote:
Wasn't Hugh supporting Big Country @ Cambridge Corn Exchange...I think Ian Grant organised the Meeting?

Yeah that sounds like the one, I remember reading about Ian Grant and the meet being organised by him.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

IMO Ian Grant was the only person that coulda got these 2 in a room together. Which he did of course but not with the right outcome.

As mentioned, there is more chance of the pope getting his cock out and showing us this week's winning lottery numbers tattooed upon it. Particularly in recent years. JJ currently spitting feathers over Hugh's (apparent) blocking of the film.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 07 May 2021, 11:02 Naga Munchetty sat beside him is even worse
Well, she would be, wouldn't she? You honestly don't have to look very far to figure out how you've reached that conclusion, and it's of course yet more mountain-out-of-a-molehill crapola you'd expect to find in the pages of the Express or the Mail.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

StanInBlack wrote: 07 May 2021, 14:04
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 07 May 2021, 11:02 Naga Munchetty sat beside him is even worse
Well, she would be, wouldn't she? You honestly don't have to look very far to figure out how you've reached that conclusion, and it's of course yet more mountain-out-of-a-molehill crapola you'd expect to find in the pages of the Express or the Mail.
Off-topic, but for the sake of balance, I don't particularly like Naga Munchetty on Breakfast either, nor that other guy Charlie. I did, however, quite like her on Working Lunch many years ago, a very able replacement for Adrian Chiles.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 07 May 2021, 12:16
Cells&Plasma wrote: 07 May 2021, 12:09
Ruby wrote: Yes I read about that in one of the books, a gig near JJ's town.Doesnt sound much like a reunion on the cards to me.Perhaps this was 1992 ish

Yeah that sounds like the one, I remember reading about Ian Grant and the meet being organised by him.
If that was the case, utterly ridiculous behaviour from JJ - as much as I love him, I can't condone that at all & can see why Hugh didn't rejoin, as it would've reiterated to him exactly why he left.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye