JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 03 May 2021, 08:27 No need for this to happen really. JJ still seems enthusiastic about the Stranglers and Hugh is still releasing great albums. We've got two hopefully great albums to look forward to. 8)
Yep...I agree you summed it up in a nutshell i think we get the best of both worlds with studio recorded albums from both camps and two bites of the cherry live,what more could stranglers fans ask for ...GREAT STUFF i think.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

toilerinblack wrote: 03 May 2021, 11:01
jason wrote: 03 May 2021, 08:27 No need for this to happen really. JJ still seems enthusiastic about the Stranglers and Hugh is still releasing great albums. We've got two hopefully great albums to look forward to. 8)
Yep...I agree you summed it up in a nutshell i think we get the best of both worlds with studio recorded albums from both camps and two bites of the cherry live,what more could stranglers fans ask for ...GREAT STUFF i think.
Yeah I think it's worked out pretty well!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 03 May 2021, 11:18
toilerinblack wrote: 03 May 2021, 11:01
Yeah I think it's worked out pretty well!
Yes i think so to,we'd all pay to see Hugh & JJ together again but its not going to happen,so we move on i think with exciting times coming out of covid now slowly with a new stranglers album with Daves last work and at some point with a new album from Hugh,so its looking good i think at some stage.
BikerinBlack
Rats Rally

Post by BikerinBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 03 May 2021, 09:49
Yes we have, but me as a soft sensitive soul despite my un PC banter, would love to see them get on a stage together even for one song, but they aren't friends and don't need the money, I remember Baz telling me some years ago, that there was a huge offer on table for them to perform Rattus, and if that happened he would leave the band, I promise this is true, but JJ very loyal to Baz and they have a genuine warm friendship as well as band mates, so let's just remember them as they were, wish someone would release the rock city gig in 1980,a band caught at their very best live. Lt Kudu.
Would Baz really leave the band ? At the end of the day its job that pays the bills etc, not that it matters as its never going to happen.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

BikerinBlack wrote: 03 May 2021, 13:24
Yes we have, but me as a soft sensitive soul despite my un PC banter, would love to see them get on a stage together even for one song, but they aren't friends and don't need the money, I remember Baz telling me some years ago, that there was a huge offer on table for them to perform Rattus, and if that happened he would leave the band, I promise this is true, but JJ very loyal to Baz and they have a genuine warm friendship as well as band mates, so let's just remember them as they were, wish someone would release the rock city gig in 1980,a band caught at their very best live. Lt Kudu.
Would Baz really leave the band ? At the end of the day its job that pays the bills etc, not that it matters as its never going to happen.
He told me if they got Hugh back when the offer was on the table to perform Rattus he would, but I'm glad it didn't happen as it would have just been for money, JJ very loyal to Baz as he really came in when the band were falling apart at the seems, he told me quite a few things,a lovely chap old Baz, fookin Hell, just joking. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 03 May 2021, 13:31

He told me if they got Hugh back when the offer was on the table to perform Rattus he would, but I'm glad it didn't happen as it would have just been for money, JJ very loyal to Baz as he really came in when the band were falling apart at the seems, he told me quite a few things,a lovely chap old Baz, fookin Hell, just joking. Lt Kudu.
Just a one off tour woulda been great, JJ & Hugh could have kept their distance on the tour although I don’t know how that would have worked during rehearsal, lol.
Lots of bands do/done it though, The Kinks, Guns n Roses, The Black Crowes and I bet the Gallagher brothers will kiss and make up and get Oasis back at some point too.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 03 May 2021, 13:51

Just a one off tour woulda been great, JJ & Hugh could have kept their distance on the tour although I don’t know how that would have worked during rehearsal, lol.
Lots of bands do/done it though, The Kinks, Guns n Roses, The Black Crowes and I bet the Gallagher brothers will kiss and make up and get Oasis back at some point too.
Yeah your right lots of bands do it and don't get on off stage i know loads like that too,but Hugh & JJ even in rehearsals its never gonna happen to deep rooted is just my guess on it all on...from the outside looking in.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

toilerinblack wrote: 03 May 2021, 20:26
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 03 May 2021, 13:51

Yeah your right lots of bands do it and don't get on off stage i know loads like that too,but Hugh & JJ even in rehearsals its never gonna happen to deep rooted is just my guess on it all on...from the outside looking in.
They could of course agree on the set list then separately work on all their parts at home then simply meet up on stage for each gig.
It would have to be a WIDE stage though just so JJ & Hugh can be kept apart.
Perhaps have a line in centre of stage where JJ & Hugh must not cross!
:grin:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I love this little fantasy world some of you are creating.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

This ship has sailed many years ago. There was a time when it was possible, as some have said, but there's no chance now nor should there be.
Even the fantasy has expired!
I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 04 May 2021, 13:52 This ship has sailed many years ago. There was a time when it was possible, as some have said, but there's no chance now nor should there be.
Even the fantasy has expired!
The boat has sailed by, like a ship that passes in the night. Cpt Haddock. :smt005
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

The boat has sailed by, like a ship that passes in the night
I see what you did there 8) :lol:
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came