JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: JJ & Hugh to do one off Stranglers tour?

Post by kenl »

Greatkudu wrote: 11 May 2021, 23:56
jonimac wrote: 10 May 2021, 17:24 Some pretty emphatic responses there :lol: :lol:

So does the panel think that a tribute gig isn’t likely?

Or that were it to happen, HC wouldn’t attend.
Or wouldn’t share a stage with remaining or former members?

I clearly don't perceive the same animosity between the parties as others do.

Even Waters and Gilmour shared a venue, though not a stage, when Syd Barrett passed away.
The animosity is there for all to see, when Pink Floyd played one ofd gig with Waters some years ago, you could tell they hated each other. Lt Kudu
I disagree. Gilmour has since played at a Water's gig in London. Why would he if he hated him. They certainly do not need the money.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

kenl wrote: 12 May 2021, 06:58
jonimac wrote: 10 May 2021, 17:24 Some pretty emphatic responses there :lol: :lol:

So does the panel think that a tribute gig isn’t likely?

Or that were it to happen, HC wouldn’t attend.
Or wouldn’t share a stage with remaining or former members?

I clearly don't perceive the same animosity between the parties as others do.

Even Waters and Gilmour shared a venue, though not a stage, when Syd Barrett passed away.
The animosity is there for all to see, when Pink Floyd played one ofd gig with Waters some years ago, you could tell they hated each other. Lt Kudu
I disagree. Gilmour has since played at a Water's gig in London. Why would he if he hated him. They certainly do not need the money.
I didn't know that, Waters comes across as a moody sod, but maybe gilmour is to. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 12 May 2021, 09:41

I didn't know that, Waters comes across as a moody sod, but maybe gilmour is to. Lt Kudu.
A few years ago Gilmour played at a Waters gig in London and appeared at the top of ‘The Wall’ playing his Comfortably Numb solo.
8)
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 12 May 2021, 11:17

A few years ago Gilmour played at a Waters gig in London and appeared at the top of ‘The Wall’ playing his Comfortably Numb solo.
8)
I just admire gilmour full stop...top top player and songwriter.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Amazing how this threads still going on about a Hugh & JJ reform or make up we all know...IT AINT NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! LOl.
Even if we said never say never its never gonna happen ...i suppose we can dream lol
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 12 May 2021, 17:56 Amazing how this threads still going on about a Hugh & JJ reform or make up we all know...IT AINT NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! LOl.
Even if we said never say never its never gonna happen ...i suppose we can dream lol
Yes It will never happen, but you never know? Who would have thought scabies and Sensible would ever work together again? But to be honest the stranglers don't need Hugh and Hugh doesn't need the stranglers. Lt Leather boy Kudu
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 12 May 2021, 20:17
toilerinblack wrote: 12 May 2021, 17:56 Amazing how this threads still going on about a Hugh & JJ reform or make up we all know...IT AINT NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! LOl.
Yes It will never happen, but you never know? Who would have thought scabies and Sensible would ever work together again? But to be honest the stranglers don't need Hugh and Hugh doesn't need the stranglers. Lt Leather boy Kudu
Yes never say never... your right both camps doesn't need eachother,JJs very close to Baz that clearly shows a mile off and Hugh just doesn't want to know,but like we all say you get two bites of the cherry with both gigs and albums...i'm happy with that.
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

toilerinblack wrote: 12 May 2021, 17:50

8)
Top top songwriter? Doesn't his wife write most of the lyrics?
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Why the fuck are we talking about Pink Floyd?!

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

porkymeat wrote: 12 May 2021, 21:03
toilerinblack wrote: 12 May 2021, 17:50

8)
Top top songwriter? Doesn't his wife write most of the lyrics?
I would'nt know just love his guitar playing full stop,but lets get back to stranglers only on here lol
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
Yes never say never... your right both camps doesn't need eachother,JJs very close to Baz that clearly shows a mile off and Hugh just doesn't want to know,but like we all say you get two bites of the cherry with both gigs and albums...i'm happy with that.
Is that Cherry Image Black??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 12 May 2021, 21:30
toilerinblack wrote:

Is that Cherry Image Black??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
its just nice to be able to hear both the stranglers and hughs recordings and see them both at gigs too,far better than one unhappy band i think.We get to hear more material and more gigs that keeps everybody happy.