New JJ interview French site

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: New JJ interview French site

Post by toilerinblack »

STEVEh wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 19:21 I am sure the replacement will be very good. However, will they be able to match Dave’s creativity that produced those remarkable keyboard runs in the first place. That is Dave’s true genius.

Talking of Dave his keyboards are really to the fore on the clip of Water just put on the bands Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes your right and does'nt Daves keyboards sound fantastic in 'last Man On The Moon' his keyboards helps make that song the song it is.He really was a one off.... the Hammond Hero.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 30 Apr 2021, 20:15, edited 2 times in total.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

sendwarrior wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 15:44 Why should Hugh try and "recoup the fans investment in the project!" ? He's stayed clear of it (and who can blame him).
Not saying he should, but he absolutely shouldn't be preventing it for petty reasons either! In the end it's the fans who are losing out, but Hugh obviously doesn't care about that :roll:
You certainly implied that. Regardless, it's an insane opinion that Hugh should happily get behind an ill thought out project that struggled from the start and didn't involve him (the founding member, main singer songwriter) and now it's struggling again he's to blame. Crazy!

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

"Something is coming"... says the official Stranglers Facebook site. Guess the new keyboard player and the new album will be announced very soon. Monday May 3rd probably, one year after Dave's passing.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes clip on c.ntbook of studio recording of Water, majority of Daves bits were recorded before his tragic passing, only be one Dave unique talent and character. Lt Kudu.
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Greatkudu wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 20:23 Yes clip on c.ntbook of studio recording of Water, majority of Daves bits were recorded before his tragic passing, only be one Dave unique talent and character. Lt Kudu.
Can't find the Water song clip on Facebook. Help is needed 😉. Thanks.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

theraven1979 wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 20:11 You certainly implied that. Regardless, it's an insane opinion that Hugh should happily get behind an ill thought out project that struggled from the start and didn't involve him (the founding member, main singer songwriter) and now it's struggling again he's to blame. Crazy!
No I didn't imply that. I stated that he has no good reason to prevent the fans from seeing the movie that we all partially funded! Hugh was approached several times and declined to be part of the project - again for no good reason. It was a very well though out project and it was all going extremely well until Pledge crashed and brought it (and many other projects) down with it :smt012 You can try to re-write history Jim, but those are the facts.
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

Lafleur wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 21:05 Can't find the Water song clip on Facebook. Help is needed 😉. Thanks.
It's on the Stranglers Official page 👍
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

sendwarrior wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 20:11 You certainly implied that. Regardless, it's an insane opinion that Hugh should happily get behind an ill thought out project that struggled from the start and didn't involve him (the founding member, main singer songwriter) and now it's struggling again he's to blame. Crazy!
No I didn't imply that. I stated that he has no good reason to prevent the fans from seeing the movie that we all partially funded! Hugh was approached several times and declined to be part of the project - again for no good reason. It was a very well though out project and it was all going extremely well until Pledge crashed and brought it (and many other projects) down with it :smt012 You can try to re-write history Jim, but those are the facts.
Simply stating the facts. The reality is that after around 15 years in the making this film still isn't released and after all the funding they're still way short of releasing it due to finance problems. And after ripping fans off they now resort to blaming Hugh. Sad really

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

sendwarrior wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 21:10
Lafleur wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 21:05 Can't find the Water song clip on Facebook. Help is needed 😉. Thanks.
It's on the Stranglers Official page 👍
Thank you, but don't find it. Last posting there is from 17th of April. Egalement 🤭
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Lafleur wrote:
Lafleur wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 21:05 Can't find the Water song clip on Facebook. Help is needed Image. Thanks.
It's on the Stranglers Official page Image
Thank you, but don't find it. Last posting there is from 17th of April. Egalement Image
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=165908118773435

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 21:34
Lafleur wrote:

It's on the Stranglers Official page Image
Thank you, but don't find it. Last posting there is from 17th of April. Egalement Image
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=165908118773435

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Oh, thanks. No more than that. Someting is coming...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I've been thinking and I find JJs comments about Dave very tactless and in bad taste, I've lost a bit of respect for JJ at the moment, Dave was what gave the Stranglers their unique sound , yes they all made the sound, but as Hugh said it was Dave that made the difference, why does JJ need to go on? They have done their best gigs, its just the Stranglers by name only IMHO, but if people are happy with this, good luck to them, personally I think they should end it after the tour commitments, but they are carrying on, would rather see Hugh any day over what's left of the Stranglers now,and after JJs I'll judged comments, it's left a bad taste in my mouth. Lt Kudu.