New JJ interview French site

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: New JJ interview French site

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 03 May 2021, 13:39
Greatkudu wrote: 01 May 2021, 09:44
Fredib wrote: 01 May 2021, 09:18
I can assure that translation is very reliable of JJs words for this interview. nothing lost, nothing arranged. Cash.
Well I was giving JJ the benefit of the doubt, but if translation is accurate, I'm not impressed by his comments about Dave, their is honesty, but if those remarks are going to offend alot of fans as Dave was so loved by fans, a bit more thought and subtley needed, I know this to well from some of my ill judged or misguided remarks. Lt Kudu.
Mista Kudu, Do you still think that?
Watch the Rat Chat again and you can clearly see JJ upset and welling up over Dave’s passing, I’ve never seen him like that before but proper honest decent & genuinely tough men do cry.
Arthur I know JJ was gutted when Dave passed, I think I've been snowflaked, getting over sensitive. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

yes least said the better,moving on I know how good Dave was and how much i enjoyed seeing and hearing play with his magic fingers from the very first to the last time i saw him playing live..Fantastic everytime!
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:yes least said the better,moving on I know how good Dave was and how much i enjoyed seeing and hearing play with his magic fingers from the very first to the last time i saw him playing live..Fantastic everytime!
When was your last Stranglers' Gig with Dave Playing Toiler?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 03 May 2021, 21:29
toilerinblack wrote:yes least said the better,moving on I know how good Dave was and how much i enjoyed seeing and hearing play with his magic fingers from the very first to the last time i saw him playing live..Fantastic everytime!

O2 Oxford 2015 i think it was,i haven't seen them or Dave play since then no.I used to go to most of london gigs that i could for about 10 years between 1980-90 then stopped when Hugh left well after seeing pauls early brixton gig in '90,then i started going again after Paul left for a lot of years in march time in oxford from about 2010 ish till about 2015 ish off my head.So for me i've only good memories of Daves playing,as i havent seen their last 5-6 years odd roughly.So i did'nt go to daves more later years gigs no.But never the less i found him such a nice man when he signed and chatted to me in 2014 i think it was again in Oxford.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 03 May 2021, 21:38
Cells&Plasma wrote: 03 May 2021, 21:29

O2 Oxford 2015 i think it was,i haven't seen them or Dave play since then no.I used to go to most of london gigs that i could for about 10 years between 1980-90 then stopped when Hugh left well after seeing pauls early brixton gig in '90,then i started going again after Paul left for a lot of years in march time in oxford from about 2010 ish till about 2015 ish off my head.So for me i've only good memories of Daves playing,as i havent seen their last 5-6 years odd roughly.So i did'nt go to daves more later years gigs no.But never the less i found him such a nice man when he signed and chatted to me in 2014 i think it was again in Oxford.
Dave was always happy to talk to fans, sometimes I saw fans crossing the line a few times, but Dave to Nice to say anything. You have to know when to let them be, Dave was the most approchable of any Strangler, my last memory of seeing him was after soundcheck in Reading 2019,had brief chat, Baz came up to me and said hello, JJ did a salute, nice memories. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Off thread I accept my 50 lines from Mr Laurel :smt005
The new pic on the stranglers site should be the album cover, it's so poignant and a work of genius whoever took the pic, it must be the album cover, it's like the band are saying goodbye to Dave on that picture, I would love a print of it. Never Say Goodbye but Dave will live on in all our hearts for the joy he bought to the fans and everyone who knew him,sorry for going off thread, I have had quite a few glasses of a 13 % Italian wine called Passerina, send me to my room and take my Yamaha R1away as punishment. Lt Safari leather boy foxtrot Keys Kudu. :smt005
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 03 May 2021, 21:58
toilerinblack wrote: 03 May 2021, 21:38
Cells&Plasma wrote: 03 May 2021, 21:29 When was your last Stranglers' Gig with Dave Playing Toiler?

Dave was the most approchable of any Strangler, my last memory of seeing him was after soundcheck in Reading 2019,had brief chat, Baz came up to me and said hello, JJ did a salute, nice memories. Lt Kudu.
Cool 8)
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 04 May 2021, 00:40 Off thread I accept my 50 lines from Mr Laurel :smt005
The new pic on the stranglers site should be the album cover, it's so poignant and a work of genius whoever took the pic, it must be the album cover, it's like the band are saying goodbye to Dave on that picture, I would love a print of it. Never Say Goodbye but Dave will live on in all our hearts for the joy he bought to the fans and everyone who knew him,sorry for going off thread, I have had quite a few glasses of a 13 % Italian wine called Passerina, send me to my room and take my Yamaha R1away as punishment. Lt Safari leather boy foxtrot Keys Kudu. :smt005
Yes but you must never ever rest on your Laurels.
:wink:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 04 May 2021, 08:46
Greatkudu wrote: 04 May 2021, 00:40 Off thread I accept my 50 lines from Mr Laurel :smt005
Yes but you must never ever rest on your Laurels.
:wink:
Whose this Laurel chap? :smt005