Are you going to the convention?

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!

Oh yeah!
66%
Dunno, depends on the price/agenda
18%
No - too far to travel
6%
No - something else planned then
2%
No - see my answer below...
8%

Total votes: 99

tugg speedman
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Are you going to the convention?

Post by tugg speedman » 26 Dec 2010, 08:41

NO going away on my hols.
IN THE FAAAAAAACCCCCCEEEE

Notabadbandatall

Post by Notabadbandatall » 27 Dec 2010, 11:53

I think I may not now - I was hoping it would be a weekend of Stranglers a la camp site sort of thing, but London is just a bit of a pain in the arse to get round and try and park. Trust me I need a car to get round, it's not a thing I can do without.

Vive le Black

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic » 27 Dec 2010, 17:42

I have to say I'm a bit disapointed its in London, it makes it a general pain to get to and sort out accomodation etc. Makes the whole thing rather expensive.

Probably an anoraky load of old bollocks anyway. Reckon I'll stay here and stare at the floor.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.

beebop
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by beebop » 27 Dec 2010, 17:59

nog in black wrote:Been given a pass by the boss so will be down to see if the streets are paved with gold !!
Will be bringing my polygrip to keep my bridge in too !!!! :

ANYONE GOING FROM THE WEST MIDS WHO IS DRIVING AND WNATS COMPANY/PETROL MONEY LET ME KNOW
Told you before I assisted your barrier assault and mud dive it was not a good idea ...

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler » 26 Feb 2011, 11:33

I'd love to go , but having double glazing done at home , so depends how much it will cost and if I can justify splashing out near £200 for Stranglers convention ( 2 of us ) .
All quiet ..........

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard » 26 Feb 2011, 11:45

Will be sat in front of the pc Monday at 9.00, hope I can book my ticket before I have to go to work :roll:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

teshka
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by teshka » 28 May 2011, 20:30

Sold out innit.

Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery » 16 Oct 2011, 22:23

No. Never in a million years.

Conventions just aren't my thing. I like Star trek for instance but the thought of attending a convention with hundreds of "Trekkies" just does nothing for me. I love the band but going on tour is my thing, conventions are just too geeky and plastic imo. Conventions are for anoraks.

Each to his own though.

shazzer
Rats Rally

Post by shazzer » 16 Oct 2011, 23:24

Anoraks !!!!!!!!! ;-) I'll get my coat.............:-D

APOLLO79
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by APOLLO79 » 16 Oct 2011, 23:29

Ribery wrote:No. Never in a million years.

Conventions just aren't my thing. I like Star trek for instance but the thought of attending a convention with hundreds of "Trekkies" just does nothing for me. I love the band but going on tour is my thing, conventions are just too geeky and plastic imo. Conventions are for anoraks.

Each to his own though.
I too subscribed to this way of thinking and to a certain extent still do but when the chance came around to have a weekend in London with Ray,on the razz,with the rest of the gang AND see the band do an acoustic set,the entire B&W era and a preview of the new album it was just too good a party to miss.Ok I might come home in an ambulance but that's part of the fun...can't imagine a bunch of trekkies going curry munching and gettin mangled in a cold November weekend chancing hypothermia due to alcohol poisoning and wearing a t shirt...no anoraks in sight I'm afraid but I am speaking for myself here,there'll be a few 100 bodies there and there may be a geek or three among them.I know for certain I won't be rummaging among the stalls when I can catch some zzz's..
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'

Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery » 17 Oct 2011, 08:35

APOLLO79 wrote: I too subscribed to this way of thinking and to a certain extent still do but when the chance came around to have a weekend in London with Ray,on the razz,with the rest of the gang AND see the band do an acoustic set,the entire B&W era and a preview of the new album it was just too good a party to miss.Ok I might come home in an ambulance but that's part of the fun...can't imagine a bunch of trekkies going curry munching and gettin mangled in a cold November weekend chancing hypothermia due to alcohol poisoning and wearing a t shirt...no anoraks in sight I'm afraid but I am speaking for myself here,there'll be a few 100 bodies there and there may be a geek or three among them.I know for certain I won't be rummaging among the stalls when I can catch some zzz's..
I didn't mean to offend anyone with the "Anoraks" bit, and whatever the rest of it is like the music will certainly be good ;-) ! It's just not my thing but it's all opinions, people who love this sort of thing have just as valid views. I'm just happy to wait for next years (hopefully) European tour.

Tbh it's academic anyway. I'll be back in the UK over Christmas and new year so coming back in November as well isn't an option, (on top of that I've just noticed the dates and I'm in Munich for Bayern v Dortmund on the evening of the 19th).

APOLLO79
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by APOLLO79 » 17 Oct 2011, 17:07

Ribery wrote:
APOLLO79 wrote: I too subscribed to this way of thinking and to a certain extent still do but when the chance came around to have a weekend in London with Ray,on the razz,with the rest of the gang AND see the band do an acoustic set,the entire B&W era and a preview of the new album it was just too good a party to miss.Ok I might come home in an ambulance but that's part of the fun...can't imagine a bunch of trekkies going curry munching and gettin mangled in a cold November weekend chancing hypothermia due to alcohol poisoning and wearing a t shirt...no anoraks in sight I'm afraid but I am speaking for myself here,there'll be a few 100 bodies there and there may be a geek or three among them.I know for certain I won't be rummaging among the stalls when I can catch some zzz's..
I didn't mean to offend anyone with the "Anoraks" bit, and whatever the rest of it is like the music will certainly be good ;-) ! It's just not my thing but it's all opinions, people who love this sort of thing have just as valid views. I'm just happy to wait for next years (hopefully) European tour.

Tbh it's academic anyway. I'll be back in the UK over Christmas and new year so coming back in November as well isn't an option, (on top of that I've just noticed the dates and I'm in Munich for Bayern v Dortmund on the evening of the 19th).
Now that's a game I'd love to attend..
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'