Another Greatest Hits Tour. Yes or No?

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!

Would you want to see The Stranglers on another Greatest Hits Tour or not?

Poll ended at 01 Sep 2010, 09:15

Yes
39%
No
59%
Unsure
2%

Total votes: 61

Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Another Greatest Hits Tour. Yes or No?

Post by Claireinblack »

Would go and see them whatever they choose to play.

Also need to be aware that they arent going to be around forever, and so i intend to make the most of any gigs i can get to.
Claireinblack
kent
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

Claireinblack wrote:Would go and see them whatever they choose to play.

Also need to be aware that they arent going to be around forever, and so i intend to make the most of any gigs i can get to.
Ditto Claire. :smt006

I do get the feeling though that this thread has only been created to slag the band off yet again. Can we lock it now before everyone starts arguing - it is Saturday remember and by tonight, once the beer has taken effect, people may end up falling out....again :roll:
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
AndyMatthews
Rats Rally

Post by AndyMatthews »

I'm with Claire. I just want to see the band while I can
newyorkjohnny
Down In The Sewer

Post by newyorkjohnny »

And me.
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

Voted No if I have a choice
Want to see brand new 2010 stuff added to the set & some of the tracks Baz has referred to in the interviews, like Baroque Bordello
Would like European Female / Midnight Summer Dream back again.

Happy to see the band whatever the show - but there's nothing like mixing it up.

Also think (as I posted elsewhere) would like to see them at the O2 Arena - now that would be awesome - & personally think the are at a point where they could fill it easily & would be a fitting location to see the band. Would further bring the them to the front of the media in terms of recognition / respect!

Equally a series of small club type places can really change the atmosphere of the gig.

Whatever
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
s.harris
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by s.harris »

AndyMatthews wrote:I'm with Claire. I just want to see the band while I can

And me
'Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining'
Détective Privé
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Détective Privé »

Another Greatest Hits Tour ? Forget it. The Stranglers deserve much more than that. :smt018
I vote no.
You're my incurable malady
I miss the pleasure of your company
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

No
THere been nothing wrong with the last new albums
Lots of old stuff and lots of the new stuff less of stuff in the middle...
grayowales
Rats Rally

Post by grayowales »

NeverToLookBack wrote:Do you really want to hear The Stranglers playing the same old stuff, yet again for the 4th year running or would you rather they left it an extra year and played some new material?

I just feel that with some of the comments my mates have made and my wife and daughter on recent tours, that they are becoming more of a tribute band to themselves and material has just run dry?

Even though I was not a PR fan, I feel that since he left the albums have started to dry up. After all NC and S16 were both recorded for him and since then nowt has happened
Agree with you 1,000,000% Would NEVER go see them again to watch this dreadfully boring set-list. If they sacked Warne then I would think of going mind you. I'd go just to see Jet and Dave play the spoons if I'm completely honest. They are what the band is about IMHO.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Paul was with the band 16 years, and how many studio albums came out?

I've no problem with this poll and the debate but in the end, my opinion matters diddly squat and I would go see them whenever I could, regardless of what hits they did or didn't play. If you don't want to see 'greatest hits' gigs then don't go, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of people wanting your ticket :lol:
'Peaches - A Chronicle of The Stranglers from 1974 to 1990', out 2014 on Soundcheck Books.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

grayowales wrote:
NeverToLookBack wrote:Do you really want to hear The Stranglers playing the same old stuff, yet again for the 4th year running or would you rather they left it an extra year and played some new material?

I just feel that with some of the comments my mates have made and my wife and daughter on recent tours, that they are becoming more of a tribute band to themselves and material has just run dry?

Even though I was not a PR fan, I feel that since he left the albums have started to dry up. After all NC and S16 were both recorded for him and since then nowt has happened
Agree with you 1,000,000% Would NEVER go see them again to watch this dreadfully boring set-list. If they sacked Warne then I would think of going mind you. I'd go just to see Jet and Dave play the spoons if I'm completely honest. They are what the band is about IMHO.
Request for clarification.

If Baz was sacked and the band then went on to play another GH Tour - would you go?
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
grayowales
Rats Rally

Post by grayowales »

MULLY wrote:
grayowales wrote:

Request for clarification.

If Baz was sacked and the band then went on to play another GH Tour - would you go?
I would go just for the curiousity Mully. Just once though. And that would be if the gig was in Wales. The days of doing full tours or even half tours have gone for me now. Me not going to see them is not going to lose them any sleep let's be honest. But how on earth they expect to gain any fans by regurgitating the GH package is beyond me.