French Tour Set Opener....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: French Tour Set Opener....

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 21:34 Waltzinblack straight into Grip is my bet
Good choice... i think Heroes would be a good start for Dave....Waltzinblack to Heroes.,but if they don't then Water of the Raven.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

I'd prefer to hear something from Dark Matters as the opener :grin: They can slot the greatest hits into the set further on 🖤🎶😎
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

sendwarrior wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 09:24 I'd prefer to hear something from Dark Matters as the opener :grin: They can slot the greatest hits into the set further on 🖤🎶😎
That would be great, would also show some confidence in the new material. I don't know if they'd be brave enough to do so though.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I think it has to be an old song, then second song could be one from DM. Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

It's gonna be yet another Greatest Hits tour. Has to be really when it's already been stated as a tribute. Aside from the hits I reckon we'll have some classics like "The Raven" and we have to have 1 or 2 from DM purely to nod thanks to Baz and Jim.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

I would start with heroes or hanging around which I never remember been a opener but I think water is a stick on
Young Mr Grace
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Young Mr Grace »

'Water' is the obvious choice.

My personal pick would be 'Longships / Raven'.
You can't keep up with me.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Josh wrote:
sendwarrior wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 09:24 I'd prefer to hear something from Dark Matters as the opener :grin: They can slot the greatest hits into the set further on ImageImageImage
That would be great, would also show some confidence in the new material. I don't know if they'd be brave enough to do so though.
Of course they would. They played Water, Payday and others before they were even recorded so why no now?
I Hate You !
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 11:37 It's gonna be yet another Greatest Hits tour. Has to be really when it's already been stated as a tribute. Aside from the hits I reckon we'll have some classics like "The Raven" and we have to have 1 or 2 from DM purely to nod thanks to Baz and Jim.

Jim
Well i think your take on how the tour could go is about spot on as a guess,it's a tribute tour which means the hits will be rolled out again with a few new ones chucked in too.But i love them to do a few of the old ones that haven't seen the light of day with maybe 3 or four tracks from DM like No Man's land amoungst them.Has Here or Joy de Viva ever been played live before? i never saw MK11 live aaprt from one of Paul's first gigs with hem so i wouldn't really know but do really like those two tracks and i just wondered with Paul were they ever sang live and can those versions be heard anywhere?
Last edited by toilerinblack on 28 Oct 2021, 19:01, edited 4 times in total.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 11:37 It's gonna be yet another Greatest Hits tour. Has to be really when it's already been stated as a tribute. Aside from the hits I reckon we'll have some classics like "The Raven" and we have to have 1 or 2 from DM purely to nod thanks to Baz and Jim.

Jim
Well i think your take on how the tour could go is about spot on as a guess,it's a tribute tour which means the hits will be rolled out again with a few new ones chucked in too.But i love them to do a few of the old ones that haven't seen the light of day with maybe 3 or four tracks from DM like No Man's land amoungst them.Has Here or
Here was played in Croydon in Nov 97 and Joy De Viva and Here were played @ Eurodisney Dec 96.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

start with heroes or hanging around which I never remember been a opener
Heroes was the opener on the European leg of the Dreamtime tour. Not that anyone in or around the band would remember lol
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

aldinblack wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 15:03
Josh wrote:
sendwarrior wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 09:24 I'd prefer to hear something from Dark Matters as the opener :grin: They can slot the greatest hits into the set further on ImageImageImage
Of course they would. They played Water, Payday and others before they were even recorded so why no now?
I mean as an opener, sorry wasn't clear enough haha. They'll play a good bit of Dark Matters I'd imagine.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye