dark matters chart chances

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: dark matters chart chances

Post by parasiteinblack »

To be fair Dark Matters is still at 18 in the sales charts and physical charts, and 27 in downloads so once again it's the streaming that's the issue.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 23:36
toilerinblack wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 23:09
Greatkudu wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 20:03

When I look at the abmonitation of music in the Charts I despair, Shit like Ann Marie, Billy Eillish I could go on, at least DM was in their for a bit, happy for band, but we know it's a fucking great album and that's all that matters, the Stranglers stuck out like a beam of light in a dungeon of Darkness. Lt Kudu.
Again well said...look i've said all along who gives a F**k about the charts? i don't what the hell does it mean anyway? we all love the album and that's the main thing.We all knew it was going to be a good one and it was,what's the point of having a No.1 if the albums crap,i've got tracks on DM that i will play again and again because i like them and their good,i'd prefer that anyday this way around even if it never entered the charts at all in the first place.I love your description of the Stranglers stuck out like a beam of light in a dungeon of darkness VERY GOOD!
Thank you Sir I think your poetry is inspiring me, I may try and write one about Jim Mac but your the official Forum Poer Laureate. Lt Kudu.
Well i think you could do a poem very well,i started off just to tribute Dave really which some of them wasn't to great but slowly getting better lol
you said some time back do one for Jim so i thought ok and i am in the thick of one but like i said before your a drummer i'm not so it's not been easy.But i tell you one thing in reserching Jim for the poem i've listened to a lot of his previous work which i've never even heard of before where again his drumming has been excellent and there's one track he did with a band i really like which will be in the poem when it's finally finished, but Jim for sure since becoming a pro in 2005 has gained lots of experiance with lots of bands which i never knew about at all before he stepped in to help jet in 2012...Good luck if you do do one for Jim or any stranglers poem would be good, it could be a best gig or time seeing them or best songs there's so much anybody could write about their favourite band.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 14:01
toilerinblack wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 23:09

Again well said...look i've said all along who gives a F**k about the charts? i don't what the hell does it mean anyway? we all love the album and that's the main thing.We all knew it was going to be a good one and it was,what's the point of having a No.1 if the albums crap,i've got tracks on DM that i will play again and again because i like them and their good,i'd prefer that anyday this way around even if it never entered the charts at all in the first place.I love your description of the Stranglers stuck out like a beam of light in a dungeon of darkness VERY GOOD!
Thank you Sir I think your poetry is inspiring me, I may try and write one about Jim Mac but your the official Forum Poer Laureate. Lt Kudu.
Well i think you could do a poem very well,i started off just to tribute Dave really which some of them wasn't to great but slowly getting better lol
you said some time back do one for Jim so i thought ok and i am in the thick of one but like i said before your a drummer i'm not so it's not been easy.But i tell you one thing in reserching Jim for the poem i've listened to a lot of his previous work which i've never even heard of before where again his drumming has been excellent and there's one track he did with a band i really like which will be in the poem when it's finally finished, but Jim for sure since becoming a pro in 2005 has gained lots of experiance with lots of bands which i never knew about at all before he stepped in to help jet in 2012...Good luck if you do do one for Jim or any stranglers poem would be good, it could be a best gig or time seeing them or best songs there's so much anybody could write about their favourite band.
Sir your the master will leave it to you. Lt Kudu. :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 15:53

No i'm not i'm just a stranglers fan like everybody else with not a great vocabulary but i try lol.... anyway i'm still playing about the same three favourite tracks from DM then hopefully the stranglers tour with whoever is on the keys to fill, then over to Hugh for a new one....i hope!
I was wondering which of the two wrote what on this album No Man's Land sounds a Baz wriiten song to me,we know most of the JJ written ones but i could guess at a few i think could be Baz's style of songs maybe Moon as well,anyway like they say overall it's a band effort that counts at the end of the day rather than who wrote what which i suppose we might never know unless they tell us.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

And don't forget Paul Roberts is about to release some new material apparently!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 17:05
No i'm not i'm just a stranglers fan like everybody else with not a great vocabulary but i try lol.... anyway i'm still playing about the same three favourite tracks from DM then hopefully the stranglers tour with whoever is on the keys to fill, then over to Hugh for a new one....i hope!
I was wondering which of the two wrote what on this album No Man's Land sounds a Baz wriiten song to me,we know most of the JJ written ones but i could guess at a few i think could be Baz's style of songs maybe Moon as well,anyway like they say overall it's a band effort that counts at the end of the day rather than who wrote what which i suppose we might never know unless they tell us.
Sir I think the hired hand drummer (joking said with a bit of Bisted and Twitter) wrote the lyrics to No Mans Land, JJ wrote if you should see Dave, Lines, Down, Payday, if somethings going to kill me, Down, I think Baz wrote Last Man on moon, Breathe, and Jim Co wrote another one, but its a collaborative effort as we know Baz did arrangements for somethings going to kill me and thought up the Disco beat for Stallion. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 17:05
Sorry forgot to Say JJ wrote Water to of course. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jason wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 17:18 And don't forget Paul Roberts is about to release some new material apparently!
OK
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 17:18 And don't forget Paul Roberts is about to release some new material apparently!
Oh is he that's good for the stranglers fans who still like Paul,blimey last i heard he was doing the Bowie tour ages ago which to be fair i thought he did quite well,anyway good luck to him and those who still follow Paul,nice fella and a great singer too.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:
OK
You don't sound that happy with this News?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'd love it if Paul Roberts made a high quality album. His solo albums always had a bit of a low budget homemade feel about them but they did get better and so did the songs. If some decent musicians, songwriters and producer worked with him it would be great. Not sure if this will ever happen now though.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 18:43
Greatkudu wrote:
OK
You don't sound that happy with this News?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Well Paul has a great voice and is a nice bloke, I hope album is good, I certainly would buy it. He gets a lot of stick but he kept the Stranglers going when JJ had lost interest and he did some great gigs with the band. Lt Kudu.