Stranglers on vinyl

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Stranglers on vinyl

Post by giants »

When I bought DM on red vinyl from an independent shop in Bolton I then picked up Peaches the best of from Fopp records in manchester. But there were no other back catalogue Lps to buy. Surely the record labels should be looking to get the back catalogue out on vinyl Very soon.
It's poor for a band who have sold over 40 million records.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Stranglers on vinyl

Post by StanInBlack »

A bit of a strange thing to rant about given that copies of the MKI albums on vinyl (at least) are hardly scarce and are quite easy to pick up if you know where to look. If you're looking for Giants on vinyl, I'm sure there's someone out there willing to offload it for a price.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Even the MK2 albums were issued on vinyl a few years ago and easy to find
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

While second-hand copies are relatively easy to find, I agree (and have said before) that they're missing a trick by not having them available in HMV and the like. These "limited edition" vinyl re-releases are all well and good, but I'm sure they'd sell some if they were easier to get. Not to the people who've decided they want a Stranglers album - they'll find it somewhere - but to people who might just be browsing.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
bigrubberglove
Rats Rally

Post by bigrubberglove »

Breathe on vinyl unfortunately does not include the last 30 seconds that are on CD and Spotify, etc. I wonder why that happened.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

If you're looking for mk 1 vinyl, why didn't you buy it in their heyday? :grin: :smt006
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
BasiltheBrush
Rats Rally

Post by BasiltheBrush »

bigrubberglove wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 03:37 Breathe on vinyl unfortunately does not include the last 30 seconds that are on CD and Spotify, etc. I wonder why that happened.
It wouldn't fit. Some songs had to be slightly edited as you can only fit a max 0f 22 or so mins per side
I HATE YOU MORE THAN RADIOACTIVITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

BasiltheBrush wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 09:17
bigrubberglove wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 03:37 Breathe on vinyl unfortunately does not include the last 30 seconds that are on CD and Spotify, etc. I wonder why that happened.
It wouldn't fit. Some songs had to be slightly edited as you can only fit a max 0f 22 or so mins per side
More to the argument that they don't expect them to come out of the wrapper - or if they do, just for an Instagram post!
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

They are really missing a trick on the vinyl. I've been doing KJ's back catalgue and it's been selling well, deffo they should be releasing at least the classic albums.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

jetblacksdad wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 09:31 They are really missing a trick on the vinyl. I've been doing KJ's back catalgue and it's been selling well, deffo they should be releasing at least the classic albums.
Is Democracy still on for a remastered/new release?
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

BasiltheBrush wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 09:17
You can fit far more than 22 minutes on a side of vinyl, but after that you have to make more compromises in terms of sound quality. I say that because compromises are made for vinyl in the first place because of the limitations of the format.