If something's going to kill me...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: If something's going to kill me...

Post by droopsnoot »

aldinblack wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 09:01 They nearly pulled it off on Giants too, but 15 Steps was spoiled because of weak lyrics and the fade out at the end...
Freedom is Insane would perhaps have made a better closing track.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 17:29 Well i think after what has happened to the band they have done a bloody good job to finish it in the first place.Then what with the rat tracks informing everybody about the tracks,keeping in touch and informing the fans has been for me the biggest improvement from this band i think.The music sounds great and the vids and the pic covers too,...full credit to them is what i say,i don't think they've put a foot wrong but work their arse off trying to produce their best after Dave,which is what most fans think too i reackon.
Sir spot on totally agree with you, I can't add to what you said.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 18:15
toilerinblack wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 17:29 Well i think after what has happened to the band they have done a bloody good job to finish it in the first place.Then what with the rat tracks informing everybody about the tracks,keeping in touch and informing the fans has been for me the biggest improvement from this band i think.The music sounds great and the vids and the pic covers too,...full credit to them is what i say,i don't think they've put a foot wrong but work their arse off trying to produce their best after Dave,which is what most fans think too i reackon.
It's just i think what with Dave they really have thought with dignity in tribute to the man with a Dave Greenfield tribute cd and a song written about him too to go with DM the album and every single other thing they have done in this last year or so which has been so much more than i've seen from this band in the previous years of silence and the stranglers way of doing things,they for me anyway really have improved with social communication with their fans and i cannot wait for what hopefully will be a very good album from them considering the circumstances they have found themselves in now as a band with the huge whole left as well i think is even more creditable to themselves for doing so....full praise to them for their strength and professionalism for their continuation of the entity for their fans,which i think goes without saying for most of the fans too.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Greatkudu wrote:
Yes I think they must be applauded for the increased visibility they've shown to the fans recently. It's almost like the lockdown shit and the Covid losing Dave bastard events that have taken place have spurred them on to become more active in some ways, even though they've not been able to play live. Well done "you've done us proud" as they say..
I Hate You !
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Mathew S wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 17:37 I think ‘sounds like’ and ‘inspired by’ would obviously be different outcomes. The drum and sequence parts are Kraftwerk inspired. That seems reasonably clear to me. If we’re saying it doesn’t sound like Autobahn or Europe Endless we’d have a point but it’s a flavour rather than a stock ingredient. Think saffron and paella rather than eggs and omelette
I understand the difference and have no beef with Baz dropping Kraftwerk as a convenient (starting) reference point.

I raised the point after Greatkudu magnified it with, "I think Baz did a great job suggesting to JJ that it's in the Kraftwerk style" - which it isn't.

It's a welcome return to 80s style Stranglers but with a synth bass and rinky dink Casio beats - I'd have welcomed a whole album of this stuff.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I have been quite impressed with Bazes music career after researching it more in depth as i am in the thick of my first piece of appreciation work for a member outside MK1,he sure deserves a written piece i think.It's going to be called....Relentless from the rivers of Tyne and Wear,which i will post on here when it's completed.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

You're not going to praise the Toy Dolls now I trust? :grin:
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 21:42 You're not going to praise the Toy Dolls now I trust? :grin:
No lol there's a mention he was their bassist and that's it lol i haven't mentioned anything about Nellie either lol
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

What's the best outlet to buy/download the single - Amazon?

The only downloads I've bought for years were from Bandcamp - I spent a fortune on Apple downloads back in the day but never again!

If you opt for the free download on pre ordering the album will that still count towards the chart stats?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Think I'm happy enough streaming it until I get the physical copy in the shape of the album

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 19:45
I have been quite impressed with Bazes music career after researching it more in depth as i am in the thick of my first piece of appreciation work for a member outside MK1,he sure deserves a written piece i think.It's going to be called....Relentless from the rivers of Tyne and Wear,which i will post on here when it's completed.
We look forward to your new epic Sir. Lt Kudu.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 19:45
Greatkudu wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 18:15 Sir spot on totally agree with you, I can't add to what you said.Lt Kudu.
We look forward to your new epic Sir. Lt Kudu.
Speak for yourself!! ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk