If something's going to kill me...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: If something's going to kill me...

Post by toilerinblack »

Cricklewood wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 16:03
markorbit wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 14:51 This one is ok but I wouldn't go overboard on it. I'm more looking forward to Last Man on the Moon!
That's another one I'm looking forward to since the live performances
Me too...i want to hear Last man on the moon and Water another two songs that i reackon could be blinding tracks after its been through the studio.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 31 Jul 2021, 20:01, edited 2 times in total.
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

8088 wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 11:51
Mathew S wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 11:37 It’s Louie on the intro
Is it an off the shelf classical/baroque MIDI sequence or is that him laying it down live(ish?)
Louie channelling his inner Dave with a improvised intro
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I think Louie not Louis as some call him on here :smt005 has done a great job with the keyboards, a very talented chap and great producer.Lt kudu. :smt006
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:I think Louie not Louis as some call him on here :smt005 has done a great job with the keyboards, a very talented chap and great producer.Lt kudu. :smt006
Do you think it's better than the Dave stuff you've heard?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 20:35
Greatkudu wrote:I think Louie not Louis as some call him on here :smt005 has done a great job with the keyboards, a very talented chap and great producer.Lt kudu. :smt006

Jim

Jim no i don't think it's better as there will only ever be one Dave of course, the snippets I have heard from Dave sound really good, and his keyboards sound high in the mix, but i think Louie has done a great job on this track and it's a nice touch he used sounds similar to the keyboards Dave used to play, but Louie has also done additional Keys on White Stallion. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 22:28
theraven1979 wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 20:35

Jim

Jim no i don't think it's better as there will only ever be one Dave of course, the snippets I have heard from Dave sound really good, and his keyboards sound high in the mix, but i think Louie has done a great job on this track and it's a nice touch he used sounds similar to the keyboards Dave used to play, but Louie has also done additional Keys on White Stallion. Lt Kudu.
Yes in the White Stallion preview vid Louie sounds full of himself and proud of being let loose to turn this song into as Baz puts its a life of its own lol
Louie the 5th beatle lol says Dave put some basic keys down for this song and its all on there but then hes gone to town on it afterwards himself,so how much of Dave's work we are going to hear on this full epic production i would'nt know,but still this is the one i want to hear,it certainly sounds a bit special.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 23:07
theraven1979 wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 20:35 Do you think it's better than the Dave stuff you've heard?

Jim

Yes in the White Stallion preview vid Louie sounds full of himself and proud of being let loose to turn this song into as Baz puts its a life of its own lol
Louie the 5th beatle lol says Dave put some basic keys down for this song and its all on there but then hes gone to town on it afterwards himself,so how much of Dave's work we are going to hear on this full epic production i would'nt know,but still this is the one i want to hear,it certainly sounds a bit special.
I'm looking forward to hearing the songs I haven't heard before live as well. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 23:13
toilerinblack wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 23:07

I'm looking forward to hearing the songs I haven't heard before live as well. Lt Kudu.
Live yes be intresting, but i don't know if they would do White Stallion live they might do,again i think the albums tracks sound very good with good production going by the snippets we already have heard compared to some of the more earlier live track versions we have heard from this album a few years ago. But yes just in general it will be so good for the fans to see them live again and the band must be desperate too to play to audience again after all this time.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Single (download only) has been confirmed
http://www.thestranglers.co.uk/?p=16421
Hopefully we will also get a physical release single from DM, there’s a few obvious tracks that could be on the b side, inc a live Genetix (obvious omission from the Dave tribute disc), the extra tracks on the Japanese DM, Sisterhood…
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Bear Cage wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 11:40 Single (download only) has been confirmed
http://www.thestranglers.co.uk/?p=16421
Hopefully we will also get a physical release single from DM, there’s a few obvious tracks that could be on the b side, inc a live Genetix (obvious omission from the Dave tribute disc), the extra tracks on the Japanese DM, Sisterhood…
"A hard-hitting video"

Sounds intriguing....
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

The picture reminds me of a Crass album cover.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Ruby wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 12:00 The picture reminds me of a Crass album cover.
:lol:
1.jpg
1.jpg (34.08 KiB) Viewed 416 times