If something's going to kill me...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: If something's going to kill me...

Post by Greatkudu »

I don't think so as he does the sound, but he's obviously a very talented keyboard player and probably plays other instruments.Lt Kudu.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I don't think Louis will be the one for the live gigs. My bet is on the chap from Four More Heroes since JJ mentioned he was in a very good Stranglers tribute band years ago.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 22:04 I really like these preview vids more and more although it does spoil the first listen in September a bit imho. This song sounds like one of the more challenging and modern sounding things they've done since Written in Red.

As for these videos, I mostly enjoy our Louie in his Hawaii-esque shirt, built like many of us, chatting away about it all.
I agree 100% with what you say here,i've enjoyed the preview vids too especially White Stallion where i have watched it now loads of times.Its also clever PR work from the team creating intrest for the new album,the hardcore fan base will always by the album on release date regardless of good PR or none what so ever,but its good PR intrest for those who are not who might then too also go out and buy this album.White Stallion has been the best preview vid for this album for me anyway by far,for me it says this band is serious and have a really god album on there hands and will stop at nothing to produce an epic album which may or may not be the case when released time will tell,but for sure its got fans intrest and really talking about this long awaited album after 9 years with Dave's last work,clever PR again create an intrest to buy and i too have enjoyed on here discussing all these preview vids along with the rat chats.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Best song on the album for me so far. In fact it's miles apart from anything else. They need to push this one hard IMO

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

Agreed. I hope they have a good video to go with this and decent airplay etc

Post by 8088 »

I wonder whether the baroque intro is a 'Dave bit' that was bolted onto the song - certainly sounds at odds with the rest (but doesn't detract?)
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

It’s Louie on the intro

Post by 8088 »

Mathew S wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 11:37 It’s Louie on the intro
Is it an off the shelf classical/baroque MIDI sequence or is that him laying it down live(ish?)
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

This one is ok but I wouldn't go overboard on it. I'm more looking forward to Last Man on the Moon!
Let's Boogie
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 23:38
evonx wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 22:04 I really like these preview vids more and more although it does spoil the first listen in September a bit imho. This song sounds like one of the more challenging and modern sounding things they've done since Written in Red.

As for these videos, I mostly enjoy our Louie in his Hawaii-esque shirt, built like many of us, chatting away about it all.
I agree 100% with what you say here,i've enjoyed the preview vids too especially White Stallion where i have watched it now loads of times.Its also clever PR work from the team creating intrest for the new album,the hardcore fan base will always by the album on release date regardless of good PR or none what so ever,but its good PR intrest for those who are non stranglers fans surfing on youtube who might like what they hear and may also purchase a copy of this album, again clever PR again to create an intrest with intention of public purchase and i too have enjoyed on here talking about all these preview vids along with the rat chats.It wasn't that long ago we were all saying the band wasn't telling or informing us of anything at all, so its all been really good from them coming out of the woodwork once i suppose the album was finished what with the rat chats and now the preview vids on youtube, i think the band have changed for the better with today's social media that will only maybe help their pockets in the long term on the merchandise and new material front.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 14:55
toilerinblack wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 23:38

I agree too i just love his Hawaii shirt,the whole preview vid for White Stallion has been very well made the way they have edited this vid creates real intrest to want to hear this album and to them hopeing people will purchase it being good PR from the team,easily their best preview vid for DM....top notch! i've watched it lots of times can't wait to here it now in full.
[/quote
Last edited by toilerinblack on 31 Jul 2021, 16:27, edited 10 times in total.
Cricklewood

Post by Cricklewood »

markorbit wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 14:51 This one is ok but I wouldn't go overboard on it. I'm more looking forward to Last Man on the Moon!
That's another one I'm looking forward to since the live performances