And If You Should See Dave.....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: And If You Should See Dave.....

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 21:12
Greatkudu wrote:
droopsnoot wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 18:28

I remember there was a Citroen DS outside the industrial unit, which I presumed at the time was JJs, but now I think it might be more likely to have been Hugh's if it was anyone's. There's a white Range Rover, which might have been the one that Hugh said JJ borrowed from him when he lost his license and wouldn't give back. There's what looks like a Renault Espace and the front of a Ford Sierra - neither much of anything special on the face of it. There is a red Fiesta behind a couple of other cars, and I recall some mention in "No Mercy" that Jet had a Fiesta at one point.
Yes Jet had a fiesta with added lights, Jet certainly wasn't a car enthusiast like Dave and of course JJ prefers bikes, think JJ had a Porche and took out a few cars with it, think he has a Jeep Cherokee now, totally off thread but this all started with the questions about the video etc, and Dave loved his cars. Lt Kudu.
This is like an Episode of Top Gear. Get back on thread otherwise I will set Mr Laurel on you!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Now now. Lt Kudu. :smt005
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I quite like the video. Its quite stylish but I can imagine it being it much more poignant if it featured JJ singing and band playing with images of Dave. Maybe that would have been a difficult watch though. :(
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Don't feel like you're being naughty schoolboys going off thread BTW. As mentioned, we expect to go off thread (that's not the problem) the issue is when people were twisting threads round to turn into slagging matches (which thankfully seems to have stopped, so I guess that's all it took).

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 11:11
Cells&Plasma wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 21:12
Greatkudu wrote:
Yes Jet had a fiesta with added lights, Jet certainly wasn't a car enthusiast like Dave and of course JJ prefers bikes, think JJ had a Porche and took out a few cars with it, think he has a Jeep Cherokee now, totally off thread but this all started with the questions about the video etc, and Dave loved his cars. Lt Kudu.
This is like an Episode of Top Gear. Get back on thread otherwise I will set Mr Laurel on you!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Now now. Lt Kudu. :smt005
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

jason wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 12:03 I quite like the video. Its quite stylish but I can imagine it being it much more poignant if it featured JJ singing and band playing with images of Dave. Maybe that would have been a difficult watch though. :(
Not as difficult as watching a man with a shoulder bag "wow, Dave had a bag!" or "look a keyboard!" (which looked like a low end digital piano from Walmart - hardly a nod to Dave and his Oberheims...)

They could've easily layered over live footage like in the No Mercy video - could've done that with royalty free video of a girl cruising in a car and saved a few bob :grin:

At the end of the day, it's difficult with budget restraints - look no further than Hugh with Bad Vibrations and I Want One Of Those...
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I wonder if somethings gonna kill me will be the next released single to go with the album release in September ?
If so i wonder what type of video to that song they would do too.....we shall see.I do think that maybe they just wanted first before anything else after Dave to release his tribute song before what would otherwise be released with the album and tour with the band moving on, so i think in just my one mans opinion that so far they have actually got everything just right tactfully and fitting to the Hammond Hero moving forwards.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

toilerinblack wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 12:38 I wonder if somethings gonna kill me will be the next released single to go with the album release in September ?
If so i wonder what type of video to that song they would do too.....we shall see.
Hopefully their creative people will follow in the trend of lyric videos that have been the standard for a few years now - not expensive to produce and can be highly effective.

I'm dying to hear If...in it's entirety.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

8088 wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 12:51
toilerinblack wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 12:38 I wonder if somethings gonna kill me will be the next released single to go with the album release in September ?
If so i wonder what type of video to that song they would do too.....we shall see.
Hopefully their creative people will follow in the trend of lyric videos that have been the standard for a few years now - not expensive to produce and can be highly effective.

I'm dying to hear If...in it's entirety.
Yes it would make an interesting single but maybe it a bit long. This song will get me over you could potentially be a single too. Shame they didn't write it though.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Personally I think the video is very fitting and I wouldn't change anything about it, I still find it very moving and poignant.Lt Kudu.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

The video is perfect Stranglers.
It misses the mark somewhat for some people but others love it.
That's always been the case and that's why I'm a fan, expect the unexpected.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 12:04 Don't feel like you're being naughty schoolboys going off thread BTW. As mentioned, we expect to go off thread (that's not the problem) the issue is when people were twisting threads round to turn into slagging matches (which thankfully seems to have stopped, so I guess that's all it took).
Indeed, it's all there in the forum etiquette announcement.
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Nearly 91.000 views of the video on Youtube is not bad.
https://youtu.be/76V2hTa78Zs
We shall see 100k soon. Wonder how many non Stranglers connaisseurs are among the viewers? Not much probably.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'm sure there will be some fan made videos of this song too soon. The other video on there with the image of the band has loads of views as well.