DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Post Reply
toilerinblack
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1457
Joined: 05 May 2020, 19:33

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by toilerinblack »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 16 May 2021, 16:42
StanInBlack wrote: 15 May 2021, 00:00 Christ, I'd take anything John Robb says regarding the quality of new Stranglers material with a huge pinch of salt. He's hardly going to say "I've heard a preview of the new album and it's shit" is he?
I seem to remember a comment I think by JR about Giants , no filler all thriller or something , when it was by and large filler IMO . Hopefully this time he is right .
Yeh lets hope so,but to be honest i'm not taking it in to much about his review anyway for what he might think is good or bad might be a totally different perception on what i might think,so im just waiting for the albums release in september so i can play it fully through on my own and then i will know what i think of it as a whole.We will all have differences of opinion on the 11 tracks when it does come out,but on the whole lets all hope that we all think its a corker.
markorbit
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 652
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 21:54
Location: Home

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by markorbit »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 16 May 2021, 16:48 Agreed...Giants was all Filler..and the Atmosphere began to crackle and fizz...
Haha... I think that's the best track on it. :grin:
Let's Boogie
Greatkudu
ManinBlack
ManinBlack
Posts: 3365
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by Greatkudu »

Off thread I still think Giants is a good album,and off thread again, I only think they have made two really bad albums and they are Coup and WIR and there are even a few good songs on those albums,back on thread judge Dark Matters when you hear it, but nothing wrong in fans getting excited as the reports are good, and I believe the reports, as I love the single,if the other songs are that standard, the band have done Dave and the fans proud. Lt Kudu.
User avatar
StanInBlack
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2902
Joined: 04 Apr 2002, 10:30
Location: Durham, England.

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by StanInBlack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 16 May 2021, 16:48
Jon the Impaler wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 15 May 2021, 00:00 Christ, I'd take anything John Robb says regarding the quality of new Stranglers material with a huge pinch of salt. He's hardly going to say "I've heard a preview of the new album and it's shit" is he?
I seem to remember a comment I think by JR about Giants , no filler all thriller or something , when it was by and large filler IMO . Hopefully this time he is right .
Agreed...Giants was all Filler..and the Atmosphere began to crackle and fizz...
:smt005 :smt005
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 6004
Joined: 25 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: All Roads Lead To Leeds

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2021, 09:45 Off thread I still think Giants is a good album,and off thread again, I only think they have made two really bad albums and they are Coup and WIR and there are even a few good songs on those albums,back on thread judge Dark Matters when you hear it, but nothing wrong in fans getting excited as the reports are good, and I believe the reports, as I love the single,if the other songs are that standard, the band have done Dave and the fans proud. Lt Kudu.
D00d stop going on & off Fred will ya?
:smt064
toilerinblack
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1457
Joined: 05 May 2020, 19:33

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2021, 09:45 Off thread I still think Giants is a good album,and off thread again, I only think they have made two really bad albums and they are Coup and WIR and there are even a few good songs on those albums,back on thread judge Dark Matters when you hear it, but nothing wrong in fans getting excited as the reports are good, and I believe the reports, as I love the single,if the other songs are that standard, the band have done Dave and the fans proud. Lt Kudu.
I agree about Giants too that there are some good tracks on it and again agree with you with Coup & WIR being their worst two post Hugh,but saying that dare i say it lol that i was actually playing a few in the car today from WIR that to be fiar are good especially Here,so that albums not all bad and i think the production on it is very good its just some of the songs on it thats not but i still think WIR is by far a better album than Coup.I think DM & NC could well be their best two post Hugh,talking of Hugh i wonder what he would make of the Dave tribute? if he was to ever listen to it i suppose lol
Last edited by toilerinblack on 18 May 2021, 18:53, edited 2 times in total.
Greatkudu
ManinBlack
ManinBlack
Posts: 3365
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 17 May 2021, 16:48
Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2021, 09:45 Off thread I still think Giants is a good album,and off thread again, I only think they have made two really bad albums and they are Coup and WIR and there are even a few good songs on those albums,back on thread judge Dark Matters when you hear it, but nothing wrong in fans getting excited as the reports are good, and I believe the reports, as I love the single,if the other songs are that standard, the band have done Dave and the fans proud. Lt Kudu.
I agree about Giants too that there are some good tracks on it and again agree with you with Coup & WIR being their worst two post Hugh,but saying that dare i say it lol that i was actually playing a few in the car today from WIR today that are good especially Here,so that albums not all bad and i think the production on it is very good its just some of the songs on it thats not but i still think WIR is by far a better album than Coup.I think DM & NC could well be their best two post Hugh,talking of Hugh i wonder what he would make of the Dave tribute? if he was to ever listen to it that is suppose lol
???? Well im sure Hugh is aware of the Dave single, but what he thinks about it? Fuck knows, he comes across as quite a cold man emotionally? But who knows what he is really like? It would be nice if he commented on the single, but I doubt that would happen, JJ a far more emotional man than Hugh, he comes across as very bitter and unpleasant at times, but we all have our faults, I really think the album will be a corker, I think production sounds very good, you can hear all the band well, the album may put the band back to where they belong? But let's wait and see, I think it will be better than NC, off thread a very underrated album is About Time. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1457
Joined: 05 May 2020, 19:33

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2021, 22:00
toilerinblack wrote: 17 May 2021, 16:48
Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2021, 09:45 Off thread I still think Giants is a good album,and off thread again, I only think they have made two really bad albums and they are Coup and WIR and there are even a few good songs on those albums,back on thread judge Dark Matters when you hear it, but nothing wrong in fans getting excited as the reports are good, and I believe the reports, as I love the single,if the other songs are that standard, the band have done Dave and the fans proud. Lt Kudu.
I agree about Giants too that there are some good tracks on it and again agree with you with Coup & WIR being their worst two post Hugh,but saying that dare i say it lol that i was actually playing a few in the car today from WIR today that are good especially Here,so that albums not all bad and i think the production on it is very good its just some of the songs on it thats not but i still think WIR is by far a better album than Coup.I think DM & NC could well be their best two post Hugh,talking of Hugh i wonder what he would make of the Dave tribute? if he was to ever listen to it that is suppose lol
???? Well im sure Hugh is aware of the Dave single, but what he thinks about it? Fuck knows, he comes across as quite a cold man emotionally? But who knows what he is really like? It would be nice if he commented on the single, but I doubt that would happen, JJ a far more emotional man than Hugh, he comes across as very bitter and unpleasant at times, but we all have our faults, I really think the album will be a corker, I think production sounds very good, you can hear all the band well, the album may put the band back to where they belong? But let's wait and see, I think it will be better than NC, off thread a very underrated album is About Time. Lt Kudu.
i agree with what you say but we don't know yet if it will be better than NC,but heres hoping.About Time for me is not underated sorry.
Greatkudu
ManinBlack
ManinBlack
Posts: 3365
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 18 May 2021, 18:55
Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2021, 22:00
toilerinblack wrote: 17 May 2021, 16:48
I agree about Giants too that there are some good tracks on it and again agree with you with Coup & WIR being their worst two post Hugh,but saying that dare i say it lol that i was actually playing a few in the car today from WIR today that are good especially Here,so that albums not all bad and i think the production on it is very good its just some of the songs on it thats not but i still think WIR is by far a better album than Coup.I think DM & NC could well be their best two post Hugh,talking of Hugh i wonder what he would make of the Dave tribute? if he was to ever listen to it that is suppose lol
???? Well im sure Hugh is aware of the Dave single, but what he thinks about it? Fuck knows, he comes across as quite a cold man emotionally? But who knows what he is really like? It would be nice if he commented on the single, but I doubt that would happen, JJ a far more emotional man than Hugh, he comes across as very bitter and unpleasant at times, but we all have our faults, I really think the album will be a corker, I think production sounds very good, you can hear all the band well, the album may put the band back to where they belong? But let's wait and see, I think it will be better than NC, off thread a very underrated album is About Time. Lt Kudu.
i agree with what you say but we don't know yet if it will be better than NC,but heres hoping.About Time for me is not underated sorry.
Sir after hearing the acoustic tracks on the dave Mason JJ interview after he played some tracks recorded acoustically with Paul, John and JJ, it made we want to listen to About Time again, it's a fine album, Jet on acoustic drums and some great Dave bits, it's a really fine album, sorry to go off thread again, so I will go back on thread by saying Dark Matters will be alot better. :smt005 Mr Kudu. :smt005 I presume.
User avatar
Cells&Plasma
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1876
Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 17:23
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, UK, Europe, The World!!!!

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 18 May 2021, 18:55
Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2021, 22:00 ???? Well im sure Hugh is aware of the Dave single, but what he thinks about it? Fuck knows, he comes across as quite a cold man emotionally? But who knows what he is really like? It would be nice if he commented on the single, but I doubt that would happen, JJ a far more emotional man than Hugh, he comes across as very bitter and unpleasant at times, but we all have our faults, I really think the album will be a corker, I think production sounds very good, you can hear all the band well, the album may put the band back to where they belong? But let's wait and see, I think it will be better than NC, off thread a very underrated album is About Time. Lt Kudu.
i agree with what you say but we don't know yet if it will be better than NC,but heres hoping.About Time for me is not underated sorry.
Sir after hearing the acoustic tracks on the dave Mason JJ interview after he played some tracks recorded acoustically with Paul, John and JJ, it made we want to listen to About Time again, it's a fine album, Jet on acoustic drums and some great Dave bits, it's a really fine album, sorry to go off thread again, so I will go back on thread by saying Dark Matters will be alot better. :smt005 Mr Kudu. :smt005 I presume.
I'm a big Fan of About Time, although Dave is too low in the Mix and the two Tours in 95 were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sir Martin Rushent: “In my experience, the longer you spend making a piece of music, the more likely it is to be a pile of shit.”

JJB: "You say we have strange keyboard parts, well, we have a strange keyboardist! What can I say?"
Greatkudu
ManinBlack
ManinBlack
Posts: 3365
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 20 May 2021, 19:59
Greatkudu wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 18 May 2021, 18:55
i agree with what you say but we don't know yet if it will be better than NC,but heres hoping.About Time for me is not underated sorry.
Sir after hearing the acoustic tracks on the dave Mason JJ interview after he played some tracks recorded acoustically with Paul, John and JJ, it made we want to listen to About Time again, it's a fine album, Jet on acoustic drums and some great Dave bits, it's a really fine album, sorry to go off thread again, so I will go back on thread by saying Dark Matters will be alot better. :smt005 Mr Kudu. :smt005 I presume.
I'm a big Fan of About Time, although Dave is too low in the Mix and the two Tours in 95 were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
He's high in mix in lucky Finger and pretty high in Still Life, now that's got to be almost as good a song as they have done, I would say its Paul's best vocal? Suits his deep tones so well. Lt Kudu.
User avatar
Cells&Plasma
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1876
Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 17:23
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, UK, Europe, The World!!!!

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 20 May 2021, 19:59
Greatkudu wrote: Sir after hearing the acoustic tracks on the dave Mason JJ interview after he played some tracks recorded acoustically with Paul, John and JJ, it made we want to listen to About Time again, it's a fine album, Jet on acoustic drums and some great Dave bits, it's a really fine album, sorry to go off thread again, so I will go back on thread by saying Dark Matters will be alot better. :smt005 Mr Kudu. :smt005 I presume.
I'm a big Fan of About Time, although Dave is too low in the Mix and the two Tours in 95 were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
He's high in mix in lucky Finger and pretty high in Still Life, now that's got to be almost as good a song as they have done, I would say its Paul's best vocal? Suits his deep tones so well. Lt Kudu.
His Keys on the Lucky Finger Demo are outstanding and it's a Shame they did not carry across to the finished Recording.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sir Martin Rushent: “In my experience, the longer you spend making a piece of music, the more likely it is to be a pile of shit.”

JJB: "You say we have strange keyboard parts, well, we have a strange keyboardist! What can I say?"
Post Reply