And If You Should See Dave.....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Re: And If You Should See Dave.....

Post by Josh »

I have to admit this is a grower, can't really go wrong when JJ's in a melancholic and reflective mood.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

JJ has tested positive for COVID but has no symptoms and his partner is negative. He’s also had his first vaccine and will stay in France until he gets the go ahead to travel
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

jason wrote: 12 May 2021, 21:28 I wonder how they recorded this track with JJ being in France?
Fortunately JJ found a small local recording studio, so he could do it properly 😊
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

I still love the song 💖 It captures the essence of who Dave was, and how much his colleagues are missing him.

The video, however, looks like it was made by somebody who had only ever seen photographs of Dave. His personality wasn't in it, there was no hint of the intelligent, quick-witted, easygoing and friendly guy he was :( Yes it's a tribute, but to me it's a superficial one, and they missed a trick. Unless that was the point..? To highlight that he's gone? I don't know 😥

Dave was so much more than his keyboards, his attire and his rats. Sorry, it's been an emotional couple of weeks 😪
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It doesn't seem to have had any airplay yet. :(
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

sendwarrior wrote: 14 May 2021, 17:34 I still love the song 💖 It captures the essence of who Dave was, and how much his colleagues are missing him.

The video, however, looks like it was made by somebody who had only ever seen photographs of Dave. His personality wasn't in it, there was no hint of the intelligent, quick-witted, easygoing and friendly guy he was :( Yes it's a tribute, but to me it's a superficial one, and they missed a trick. Unless that was the point..? To highlight that he's gone? I don't know 😥

Dave was so much more than his keyboards, his attire and his rats. Sorry, it's been an emotional couple of weeks 😪
Yeah can see where your coming from but i think that they have got it right,yes its a tribute to Dave and yes you need to capture the man he was,but its also a single for the charts.I think they've got it pretty spot on i love the vid and it does have plenty in it to reference him.In a way you cant go to down the sombre lane for a video for a chart single,for me its modern fresh and its about Dave that would hopefully atrract anybody who just likes the song and the video for what it is compared to dave fans like us that may look at it from a totally different angle so for the general public as a whole as a single i think they have it spot on and good luck to them and i really hope they can break into the charts with this one for Dave.Its a 10 out of 10 from me for both the song and video.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Josh wrote: 14 May 2021, 14:08 I have to admit this is a grower, can't really go wrong when JJ's in a melancholic and reflective mood.
Have to agree. The more I listen to it, the more I 'get it'.
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

jason wrote: 14 May 2021, 20:54 It doesn't seem to have had any airplay yet. :(
It's barely had any airplay in the comfort of my own home since it first went onto Youtube, for what it's worth.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

jason wrote: 14 May 2021, 20:54 It doesn't seem to have had any airplay yet. :(
Steve Lamacq mentioned the release date again after playing NMH this week, but I don't think he's played 'Dave' again.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

sendwarrior wrote: 14 May 2021, 17:23
jason wrote: 12 May 2021, 21:28 I wonder how they recorded this track with JJ being in France?
Fortunately JJ found a small local recording studio, so he could do it properly 😊
Cheers.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Mathew S wrote: 14 May 2021, 16:12 JJ has tested positive for COVID but has no symptoms and his partner is negative. He’s also had his first vaccine and will stay in France until he gets the go ahead to travel
I hope he's ok.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Mathew S wrote: 14 May 2021, 16:12 JJ has tested positive for COVID but has no symptoms and his partner is negative. He’s also had his first vaccine and will stay in France until he gets the go ahead to travel
Wasn't he coming over to record some vocals in Japanese and French?