And If You Should See Dave.....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: And If You Should See Dave.....

Post by MiB81 »

gjinblack wrote: 12 May 2021, 11:15 Spotted the obvious references, Docs, keyboard, bag, jacket and rat.
Any others?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Only watched once, but thought I saw a flying helmet on backseat at one point.
Oh, and the girl's hair style is obviously influence by one of Dave's classic cuts.

:P
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

I did think the same about the hair! 😀 also she’s wearing a Dave-like set of rings
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

... the girl, Helen Shephard
https://twitter.com/Helenshephard
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Ruby wrote: 12 May 2021, 21:37
paradise wrote: 12 May 2021, 15:50 a decent enough song, a bit b-sideish though
Perhaps B side material in the 80s but that was then.
its worth more than a b side for me,its a lovely tribute with a great and modern vid to it that has been very well thought out to reference Dave,thumbs up from me maybe not a single but a very good album track to tribute him and far better than a b side in just my opinion.
Fredib
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Fredib »

On a par with "Life's Too Short" for me. Same kind of vibe, melody
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I think this Song has Mr Warnes finest guitar solo and work since he joined band and his small vocal part is great to,i see some twat put a comment on YouTube about the video and he said Pathetic, entitled to his opinion,but not really a bright move with all the love for Dave,I have listened to this song about 40 times, I think it's some of their best work since Hugh left, great drumming from Jim to, he sounds so like Jet. They made the right choice with Jim, this song would have been huge in old days, but not sure download will get many sales, I'm old school I like the hard copy, but I will buy it on download, the first music I have ever downloaded apart from Hoover Dam on the military computer,oh pretend I didn't say that, I can't be traced now :smt005

Grey Fleet Kudu on op saline.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Fredib wrote: 13 May 2021, 18:14 On a par with "Life's Too Short" for me. Same kind of vibe, melody
Yes can see where your coming from even though Lifes too short was always better than another b side song ,Superb work form the hammond hero again in the middle of this song and like you say its on the quality of Daves song too your right.We've always said in the past on here that this band could release an album with just the best quality b sides no problem,what with instead of this,lifes too short,poisonality, fools rush out, top secret the list is just endless.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 13 May 2021, 20:50
Fredib wrote: 13 May 2021, 18:14 On a par with "Life's Too Short" for me. Same kind of vibe, melody
Yes can see where your coming from even though Lifes too short was always better than another b side song ,Superb work form the hammond hero again in the middle of this song and like you say its on the quality of Daves song too your right.We've always said in the past on here that this band could release an album with just the best quality b sides no problem,what with instead of this,lifes too short,poisonality, fools rush out, top secret the list is just endless.
Yes add to that man in white, rok it to the moon, Norman Normal etc. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 13 May 2021, 21:31
toilerinblack wrote: 13 May 2021, 20:50
Yes add to that man in white, rok it to the moon, Norman Normal etc. Lt Kudu.
Yes and Top Secret is another it goes on,i don't know many other bands who have produced such top quality b sides as this band has in the past.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

The video is perfect and brilliant from the very beginning seeing the dm boots getting into the car great stuff.This bands still got it in 2021 i think,great touch seeing gospel in lights above the theatre too.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It's on Spotify etc now.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 13 May 2021, 23:21 The video is perfect and brilliant from the very beginning seeing the dm boots getting into the car great stuff.This bands still got it in 2021 i think,great touch seeing gospel in lights above the theatre too.
Yes they have done Dave and fans proud, it shows not that they needed to prove it to anyone how much Dave meant to band, it really is a beautiful song a sublime song with all the stranglers elements of course even more poignant without the keyboards, this should be number one, I will try and download but I'm a luddite and Old Codger. Lt Kudu Keys. :smt005