DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by jason »

parasiteinblack wrote: 08 May 2021, 20:46
jason wrote: 08 May 2021, 19:52 If I buy this from the website would it be counted towards the album chart? I'm guessing not but the band would get more profit that way?
As far as I understand it: Yes it counts, it's the same site Sparks etc use and they've had two top ten albums in the past 4 years.
Also: yes the band probably get more money this way than they would from amazon/hmv etc.

It's win-win.
Thanks for that, I'll definitely buy it from there then.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 06 May 2021, 21:55 Well if it is their Swan Song? The feel is that it's a rather spiffing piece of work, But the great John Robb said that about Giants, which is a good album but flawed, but I think John Robb has possibly got it right this time,i think it will bring the band alot of praise from public and media, and I really admire them for finishing it with the tragic loss of DG, as I said I think it gave them a focus to finish it for the memory of the demon of the keyboards. Lt Kudu.
Hoefully if Dark Matteres is a success and they want to do another album say within about 2-4 years then it wont be their swan song.It seems to me JJ and Baz are still enjoying their music and playing live still...so hopefully this will not be their last, but if it is this then this could well be a gem to go out on.But it was good to hear that Jets so behind them to keep on going until the last mans left standing so to speak as JJ puts it,so hopefully this could well not be their last..time will tell.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 09 May 2021, 14:05, edited 6 times in total.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

F'kinel toiler, it's a messageboard not an essay board. :wink:
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Greatkudu wrote: 06 May 2021, 21:55 Well if it is their Swan Song? The feel is that it's a rather spiffing piece of work, But the great John Robb said that about Giants, which is a good album but flawed, but I think John Robb has possibly got it right this time,i think it will bring the band alot of praise from public and media, and I really admire them for finishing it with the tragic loss of DG, as I said I think it gave them a focus to finish it for the memory of the demon of the keyboards. Lt Kudu.
All will be revealed in September I guess , however a 1/10 looming already as I think JJ says one is a jazzy one ( breathe ? ) , Must reserve judgement until I hear it though .0/10 is reserved of course for one song only 😁😁😁😁
All quiet ..........
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 08 May 2021, 21:47
I am looking forward to hearing Daves tribute cd.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

Can't really go wrong for a tenner can you?
£7.80 for a pint down by Hammersmith Bridge.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

airflamesred wrote:Can't really go wrong for a tenner can you?
What Pub??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 09 May 2021, 19:32
What Pub??

Rutland I think.
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

airflamesred wrote: 09 May 2021, 22:20
Cells&Plasma wrote: 09 May 2021, 19:32
What Pub??

Rutland I think.
Cheaper at JJ's local just a short walk away! :wink:
shah
The Raven
The Raven

Post by shah »

Does anyone know, or even had a chat with John R about the new lp? He's clearly heard it and what he mentioned (a few times) was quite intriguing and hopeful. I wonder what he would say to "what Stranglers songs or periods do you sense an echo of?'....he implied that. Interested in his take outside of the JJ interview - where he needs to be cautious and oblique to an extent?
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...
bigrubberglove
Rats Rally

Post by bigrubberglove »

My guess is this will be the last album but I also think there is a decent chance we will have one more and that it would be released in 2024, the band's 50th year. I think that would represent an incredible landmark and JJ strikes me as someone who would want to make a grand statement on the way out, the ultimate finger flip to the band's detractors and critics. JJ is a super fit 69 and Baz and the other members can certainly keep going for a few years. Plus, they may have a few LP tracks recorded that weren't a good it for this LP. I think the odds of this happening would increase with a large and positive response to Dark Matters.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

He replied to a tweet of mine on Saturday night. It's public so I'm sure he'll be ok with me placing it here......

" The upcoming album is a gem - been listening to it loads - it has everything you love about the stranglers plus more"

Jim
shah wrote: 10 May 2021, 03:56 Does anyone know, or even had a chat with John R about the new lp? He's clearly heard it and what he mentioned (a few times) was quite intriguing and hopeful. I wonder what he would say to "what Stranglers songs or periods do you sense an echo of?'....he implied that. Interested in his take outside of the JJ interview - where he needs to be cautious and oblique to an extent?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"