New stranglers tribute band....you heard it here first !!!!!

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Babeinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

New stranglers tribute band....you heard it here first !!!!!

Post by Babeinblack »

As most of you know two former four more heroes members Shaggy & Mick have been trying to start another stranglers tribute band . I am pleased to announce that the line up for the band is now complete & is as follows

Shaggy : Bass / vocals
Mick : Keyboard / vocals
Shaun (aka willow/sticks) : Drums
Bob : Guitar / vocals

So to give you a small insight into the two new recruits they have both written a short biography on their musical backgrounds,

Hi my name is Bob Harris ,
I'm from Castleford near Leeds & i've been playing guitar since i was 16 , when i became a stranglers fan.
I had some success in the early eighties with a band called " Dik Dik Dimorphic , and had tracks on various compilations at the time. We were also supported by the wedding present at about the same time ( LOL).

A second band " In Reverie" evolved out of the first in the early nineties, who produced their own single which got decent reviews & some radio play.

I spent seven years with the Leeds based covers band " The Po Boys " featuring ex super-bike racer James whitham , who gained a good following and played many gigs to the motorcycle racing fraternity , including an audience of 12,000 at Brands Hatch.

I'm presently with a Leeds based covers band called " Undercovered " but have always wanted to do a Stranglers tribute , now's the opportunity !!!!!

Cheers see you soon
Bob Harris

Hi my name is Shaun Williams... AKA : Willow /sticks,
I'm a well renowned drummer , who started out in 1983 with a punk band called "Systematic Annex ". I moved around with various other bands until i the formed psychobilly band "Radiacs " in 1989 , having considerable success in Germany releasing 5 albums worldwide.
I took time out in 1995 to start a family, & came back on the scene in 1997 forming another band with core member Shaggy by the name of "sounds of the commitments". Playing all over the uk mostly military bases , & corporate functions. This carried on until shaggy left to join Four More Heroes. I then decided to form another band the "Honeytrippers" this time it was all original material, which had reasonable success on the local scene. But after musical differences i decided to call it a day in 2001.
I've kept my hand in drumming doing session work , untill once again Shaggy persuaded me it would be a good idea to form ........................
" STRAIGHTEN OUT "..... which is to be the name of the new Stranglers tribute band.
So here we are again ! Let's see what this journey brings around, hopefully there will be loads of laughs , obviously great songs , & lot's of great gigs for us all to remember.

Cheers Shaun

So there you have it !!!! The new Stranglers tribute Band "Straigten out"
I for one would like to wish all band members old & new every success in their new venture , i'm pretty confident we're in for a treat .

Babeinblack 8)
Last edited by Babeinblack on 16 Nov 2007, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
johnsa
Rats Rally

Post by johnsa »

Great news look forward to seeing them live. johnsa 8)
mctownie
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mctownie »

Good stuff if you are half as good as 4MH you will be worth seeing live
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

Hi, Bob here.

This is a logo that I had a go at - I'd be interested in your comments. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Bubba on 19 Nov 2007, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
cassydale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by cassydale »

Bubba wrote:Hi, Bob here.

This is a logo that I had a go at - I'd be interested in your comments. :mrgreen:

Good luck to ya guys.

The Logo looks pretty good to me.
John.H.

I Should Have Wrapped You Up And Kept You Safe,Instead I Turned My Back On You.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Best of luck guys. Make sure you come daan saaf and we'll get you a good crowd. :grin:

Now, set list. Any chance of this ? :

Down In The Sewer
Toiler on the Sea
Ships
Small World
Heroes
Who Wants The World?
Never Say Goodbye
Golden Brown
Midnight Summer Dream
Euro Female
Raven
5 Minutes
Tank
London Lady
Nubiles
Hanging Around
Relentless

:grin:

Love the logo by the way. :grin:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Babeinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Babeinblack »

Bubba wrote:Hi, Bob here.

Bob , you clever sod i tried to put the logo on my post but i have'nt got a clue how to do it !!!!!!!!!!
Ha ha ha
John
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by John »

good luck guys.

4 MH will be a hard act to follow, hope you manage to come up to Scotland at some point.

John
you always reap what you sow
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

Babeinblack wrote: Bob , you clever sod i tried to put the logo on my post but i have'nt got a clue how to do it !!!!!!!!!!
Ha ha ha
You upload it to a free hosting site like Photobucket, then just post the link. :mrgreen:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Doubt if you'll be as good as 4MH but best of luck - where's the gig list?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Yeah - good luck with the enterprise. Look forward to seeing you in Belfast before too long.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Good news indeed, and I like the logo. best of luck with it and I hope you manage to get around the country a bit so we can all enjoy it.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.