Half of four more heroes ! plus a couple more !

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Babeinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Half of four more heroes ! plus a couple more !

Post by Babeinblack »

Lust for life gig on saturday anyone else there ?????? This gig was in memory of paul stevens (stevo) who was killed in a tragic bike accident last month :cry: , he was to take his place behind the drumkit with four more heroes when they make their comeback this is one of the reasons the comeback has been delayed , also a bit of a hiccup with the guitarist but this is all in hand now . Saturday night brought together Shaggy & mick , casey who was the drummer with the dillons (who learnt all the songs fom cd & 1hr soundcheck) , and the one & only BAZ WARNE !!!!!! What a line up the place was buzzing , posters of stevo adorned the walls & i don't think it would have been possible to get another person in the place . The night kicked off with punkadelic , next to take the stage were the edge , then Baz took the stage & sang a solo of Hallelujah as a tribute to stevo you could have heard a pin drop as Baz played the first chords on his new SHUKER guitar ! emotions were high & lots of tissues used as he finished the whole room errupted with cheers & whistles it was one of those spine tingling moments that you never forget . He was then joined on stage by Shaggy on his shuker bass (move over jj :lol: ) mick with his vast array of keyboards & Casey on the drums set list as follows

GRIP
5 MINUTES
GOODBYE TOULOUSE
NICE 'N SLEASY
PEACHES
EUROPEAN FEMALE
ALWAYS THE SUN
SBC
ALL DAY & ALL OF THE NIGHT
NO MORE HEROES

I've been to some awesome stranglers gigs but this was a night to remember the sound of those shuker guitars playing side by side was absoloutly amazing & mick is one of the most talented keyboard players i've ever heard & caseys drumming was top notch to say he learnt it all from cd you could'nt fault it !!!!! we even had a mosh pit at the front which quickly spread across half the room what a fantastic tribute to a very popular guy RIP stevo you will be missed :wink:
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Sounds like it was a great night!

Nice one Babe. :smt023
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

gizzard wrote:Sounds like it was a great night!

Nice one Babe. :smt023
Yeah, but ADAAOTN?
It's bad enough that the band feel the need to still play this, but the tribute band as well? :?
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

I'll be boring and post this here too... I think it's relevant for the moment.

I’ll just lay this to rest once and for all….

Four More Heroes, The Stranglers Tribute; Cover Band, how ever you want to describe it, will not be having a comeback/reforming/getting back together/ having a band meeting /giving it one more blast etc.

The FMH domains will remain active and I’ll endeavour to upload some nice bits of live footage collected over 7 years spanning 98 - 04. Including pics and clips of all the Stranglers fans we met. Either that or I’ll stick it on You Tube.

Anything new that may transpire from combinations and permutations of previous members and any other such luminaries will be an entirely different creature and would function under a different name.

Hope that keeps the record straight for anyone vaguely interested.
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

It's not the same without their original guitarist :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Get a room.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

suchi wrote:I'll be boring and post this here too... I think it's relevant for the moment.

I’ll just lay this to rest once and for all….

Four More Heroes, The Stranglers Tribute; Cover Band, how ever you want to describe it, will not be having a comeback/reforming/getting back together/ having a band meeting /giving it one more blast etc.

The FMH domains will remain active and I’ll endeavour to upload some nice bits of live footage collected over 7 years spanning 98 - 04. Including pics and clips of all the Stranglers fans we met. Either that or I’ll stick it on You Tube.

Anything new that may transpire from combinations and permutations of previous members and any other such luminaries will be an entirely different creature and would function under a different name.

Hope that keeps the record straight for anyone vaguely interested.
Four More Heroes were great - FACT.
Orange Alert too, was :cry: when heard they were no more.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.