Acoustic Covers

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Acoustic Covers

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 10:07 Now here's an acoustic cover that is absolutely very good imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2udnxgcVqsY
Yep your right thats more like it great cover i agree...off thread a little listen to two amazing covers that i think is quality but there not acoustic covers though.
1)Moons- The Raven Bloody great music alternative just love it.
2)valmuz- Golden Brown Superb jazz alternative.

Now these are what i call great covers by excellent musicians especially Valmuz every player will blow you away the drummer is amazing.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 30 Mar 2021, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 20:25
evonx wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 10:07 Now here's an acoustic cover that is absolutely very good imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2udnxgcVqsY
Yep your right thats more like it a nice cover i agree...off thread a little listen to two amazing covers that i think is of a realquality alternative version but there not acoustic covers though.

Now these are what i call great covers by excellent musicians especially Valmuz with the jazz alternative version,where every player will blow you away the drummer is amazing.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Will check these, thanks
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 22:27
Will check these, thanks
I hope you enjoyed the two alternative versions i said like i say they are alternative and different but i like them great musicians the vocalist not fantastic wth moons but i love their music,as for valmuz true musicians and jazzy i reackon jet would like it.Again thanks for all your links you sent i listened to quite a few some nice ones there too.
Also after hearing the golden brown acoustic that you liked try this cover too, i think you might like the annakate who wants the world 2020( nice youtube.) hope you like it its not again acoustic but a very different but beautiful alternative version.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Yes they are both great on their own merits.
The Valmuz one I knew already - love the musicianship on it, the vocals are the weakest link.
The Moons - I do enjoy their modern rocky approach without steering too far from the original song.

Always cool to see what people make of it. Having said that, I cannot mention one cover that actually improves the original although that Dave Brubeck-ish Golden Brown from last year comes very close.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 08:04 Yes they are both great on their own merits.
The Valmuz one I knew already - love the musicianship on it, the vocals are the weakest link.
The Moons - I do enjoy their modern rocky approach without steering too far from the original song.

Always cool to see what people make of it. Having said that, I cannot mention one cover that actually improves the original although that Dave Brubeck-ish Golden Brown from last year comes very close.
yes i agree and i think its a real credit to this bands material and how well they are liked and respected for others to cover their songs, it is i think very intresting peoples different takes and ideas as they change and alter them from the originals we all know and love, even if some are for the worse,but people having ago is great and i would never put anyone down for trying and having a go its not easy,again thanks for posting the links on alot i havent heard before that have been intresting to listen to.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 08:04 Yes they are both great on their own merits.

Yep your right theres some nice ones but nothing comes close to the originals,The great elymr are bloody good not the vocals so much even though their dave vocalsis fantstic in peasant and is a good as i've heard any tribute act oo be,but their music especially the bassman and the keys are very good well i dont like saying as good but the bass is bloody good and up there with..... dare i compare it to JJ but up there along side him maybe would be the best way of saying it, infact i would never say the only difference is the glove because there can only be one JJ, but i am well impressed almost can't believe this gloved bassmans talent.