toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: The Great Elmyr

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 13:06
alaninblack wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 22:16 Nubiles is now up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOSevSCj1Kk

I still think it is two people, a great musician and the person who operates the video camera.
mmmm Are there just the two of them or a complete band? good question the mystery thickens lol,i just think they are very good musicians whoever they and however many members there are to the great elymr i just think they are bloody good at what they do and i enjoy listening to them alot especially toiler and peasant,i mean bordello is a hard song to play on the guitar front and thats coming from Baz himself, these guys seem to pull off any of the bands songs they cover very well.
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

Coming in thick and fast lately. The Raven is now up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI9loEBw1Fg

Why only covers from the first four albums ? Then again, after Feline IMHO the tank was a bit empty for the boys until N Coast.
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

I can not emphasise enough how good it is to strap on a good pair of bass responsive headphones, turn it up loud and listen to him / they / us - with full "stereophonic" effects. Do yourself a favour and don't just listen through your smart device, laptop or shitty computer speakers.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

This band or duo or however many members there are to the Great Elymr have my full praise for what they are doing,i listen each time to all of their tracks which in just my opinion are all covered very well with my headphones on and i can't faught them at all.I think with this band is what you hear is what you get and its all about their music and not who they are, for me i just enjoy their music as they obviously really enjoy playing stranglers music which i say good on em for that. For me they have tackled and played some of the more harder stranglers tracks to cover like bordello, peasant and sewer with great visual vids to acompany their music too.They've done Daves vocals on peasant very well and even jjs too in the raven, i think you could'nt ask for them to try and attempt anything much more harder than what they have been doing .I'd love to hear their take on genetix or hallow,i have like many others heard too over the years some bad covers of stranglers songs, but for me the Great Elmyr are one of the best i've heard like Straighten Out.I think its good if anybody has a go at a stranglers song as its not easy to do lol
Keep em coming and looking forward to your next cover.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

It's very good. Even the vocals are pretty close. The Dave vocals were a pleasant surprise as I expected them to fall way short. Bass tone is great, probably about 95% correct (but not always in tune). Superb though!
Let's Boogie
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 21:40 This band or duo or however many members there are to the Great Elymr have my full praise for what they are doing,i listen each time to all of their tracks which in just my opinion are all covered very well with my headphones on and i can't faught them at all.I think with this band is what you hear is what you get and its all about their music and not who they are, for me i just enjoy their music as they obviously really enjoy playing stranglers music which i say good on em for that. For me they have tackled and played some of the more harder stranglers tracks to cover like bordello, peasant and sewer with great visual vids to accompany their music too.They've done Daves vocals on peasant very well and even jjs too in the raven, i think you could'nt ask for them to try and attempt anything much more harder than what they have been doing .I'd love to hear their take on genetix or hallow,i have like many others heard too over the years some bad covers of stranglers songs, but for me the Great Elmyr are one of the best i've heard like Straighten Out.I think its good if anybody has a go at a stranglers song as its not easy to do lol
Keep em coming and looking forward to your next cover.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

markorbit wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 23:37 It's very good. Even the vocals are pretty close. The Dave vocals were a pleasant surprise as I expected them to fall way short. Bass tone is great, probably about 95% correct (but not always in tune). Superb though!
Yes, i'm glad others think so too.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

It's all done by one guy - a pretty amazing musician obviously 🎶😎
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

sendwarrior wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 22:35 It's all done by one guy - a pretty amazing musician obviously 🎶😎
is it? well if it is then its bloody good like you say there is a guy who you can see wearing shades i think under JJ amazing bass lines,where he does loads of their songs,there all instrumentals where you see him playing brilliant bass and the keyboards too no vocals but brilliantly played i wonder if its him doing the great elymr too.i mean i don't know that i could be barking up the wrong tree lol but you are right as in the fact on the videos you never see the keyboard player and bass player together in the same shot.I will have to watch the vids again to see if i think they are the same person,still whatever if it is just one person then well done to him for the songs he does are brilliantly covered by him who is a very talented player and musician whoever the Great Elymr is, its one of the best covers i've seen and heard.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Intresting about this one guy possibly being behind the Great Elymr,i just don't know it could well be and not two people,who knows i like the Great Elymrs take on all the songs that are covered by whoever or by how many anyway lol
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 18:14
sendwarrior wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 22:35 It's all done by one guy - a pretty amazing musician obviously 🎶😎
is it? well if it is then its bloody good like you say there is a guy who you can see wearing shades i think under JJ amazing bass lines,where he does loads of their songs,there all instrumentals where you see him playing brilliant bass and the keyboards too no vocals but brilliantly played i wonder if its him doing the great elymr too.i mean i don't know that i could be barking up the wrong tree lol but you are right as in the fact on the videos you never see the keyboard player and bass player together in the same shot.I will have to watch the vids again to see if i think they are the same person,still whatever if it is just one person then well done to him for the songs he does are brilliantly covered by him who is a very talented player and musician whoever the Great Elymr is, its one of the best covers i've seen and heard.
The only small glimmer of proof that it is one person "playing" in the videos is that sometimes the Elmyrs are wearing the same shoes, sometimes not. But if you think it was three guys then it would be rare for them to have the same colour / type of shoes on. So for me, its one guy and another who shoots the video.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

He's wearing the same shoes and jeans in the lastest video, only changing his top / gloves / hat / scarf. And you can tell by the body shape and the hands that it's the same person - unless it's identical triplets.. 😉
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤