straighten out best tribute band ever.

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

straighten out best tribute band ever.

Post by toilerinblack »

They really have become such a great tribute band.I dont know their names but the original singer i didnt rate much but his replacement has become superb..i like the bass player too.......hes got the whole playing and moving around like jj off to a t.Their second singer who looks like hugh ish toke a little time to polish hughs way of singing.......has nailed it.Im really impressed with them as a unit....id pay to see them anyday after the orginal band.They must have worked really hard as a unit to get that good and tight.The bass player you can see wants that band as good and as near to the original as possible.Whoever they are i take my hat off to you all well done to you all..........Keep going your very good has anyone on here seen them live.......what sort of crowd attendence goes to their gigs.Just intrested never been to a tribute band gig before well i have but not a stranglers one.
Whose your favourite tribute band?
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: straighten out best tribute band ever.

Post by airflamesred »

I've seen them and they are very good.
The thing I did notice was that there were a lot of Stranglers fans there.
Hugh in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Hugh in Black »

They are really good. Seen them once but want to see them again. Here's a couple of vids I shot:

https://youtu.be/CvvA0lYiDMk

https://youtu.be/ybJEQmtTpk4
Hughie in Black
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

its good people have seen them all think they are very good.Their second singers mastered hugh or as near as........
the whole band is good even the keyboard player they must be the best stranglers tribute band by far.Their mk11 band is brilliant and i think the bass player has got the band real tight...the sound and timing is good.Being a tribute band or doing covers is the hardest thing to do because people listen very carefully for certain solo bits or the vocals to be just like the real artist.The real band can have a bad gig and get away with it........not if your a tribute band you have to be bloody good for the paying public to come back again.
So to all members of Staighten out ..........well done and keep going...your well liked and appreciated.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Seen them quite a few times and yes they're great and always give good value. They often play a gig in London ahead of the Stranglers main event, who knows what will happen now...

Another tribute band definitely worth seeing is London Calling, if you liked The Clash that is...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

yeh...we all dont know whats gonna happen now....gonna have to wait and see...lets pray its a good outcome..but we will have to except whatever they decide to do.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Been watching some of their hope and anchor and preston 2017 gigs...really enjoyed them.If you like a lot of the earlier mk1 material then they are worth checking out.They cover a lot of the raven, rattus,heroes and black and white album tracks.
I also enjoyed listening to them doing some of la folies material as well, they do some great versions of the man they love to hate,tramp,let me introduce you all very well.I enjoyed the two double basses playing for dead los angeles.They do a mean tank/sewer/the raven and bordello covers very well and the bass player has got jjs genetix bass solo off to a t.
Infact hes mastered all of jjs playing and leg movements around the stage very well and sings all of jjs singing parts from the other vocalist.His bass sound is perfect.The lead guitarist and vocalist who sings all of hughs songs and wheres the kneck lace like hugh wearing a black philinblack t shirt does look like a younger looking hugh is also very good mastering hughs way of playing and singing very well.
They seem to me to be very good musicians on top of their game playing together as a unit very tight who seem to be able to cover and do very well just about any stranglers song they want to do.Worth checking them out if they ever do gig again i dont know what they do nowdays if they dont and you just like hearing the stranglers songs covered very well by another band away from the real one then check them out.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

been watching this band on youtube.If you wanna see how good this band is watch them at preston 18.11.17 its 14 mins of brilliance.
Starts with a thumping version of tank....hanging around.top draw this band then you might understand why i think they are so good. well done straighten out dunno when you will gig again but you are so highly rated in my eyes.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Watched em on youtube thinking I wouldn’t like em but to be honest they are very good and the guitar player even looks a bit like Hugh. Keyboard player is really good and the bloke on the bass doesnt look the part but does a fine job playing JJ’s bass lines and vocals.
Yeah pretty good, might go and see em but don’t like paying ridiculous amounts of money to see a tribute band.
£fiver at most prob?

The other (not together anymore) Stranglers tribute with Suchi were great too (Orange Alert/ Four More Heroes?) very together, very tight although I thought the bass player in that line up was a bit of a dick.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

glad you watched them and you enjoyed it.Now others can see what im on about with this band if they havent heard them before,which is why i keep on about this bands keyboard player and just how good he is playing stranglers material.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

I've seen Straighten Out play several times and they are great and good value (about £10 I think). Although great it doesn't really match a proper Stranglers gig for me but this could be what we have left soon...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

How much do they charge to get in?
If it’s more than a Deep Sea Diver then I’m not seeing em, like.
Fucking hell my first Stranglers gig was £3.75p.
8)