straighten out best tribute band ever.

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: straighten out best tribute band ever.

Post by toilerinblack »

laurie wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 22:04
toilerinblack wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 21:40 just watched this bands performance of tank and hanging around at st.albums on youtube...amazing covers.
Mick turleys keyboards is top draw on tank...to me this man who tributes daves work is top draw and i wouldnt look any further than this mans talents.
Great gig from the band all round top performance.Cant wait to see them live at some point.
Your not his agent by any chance
lol...just a fan who appreciates what i think is very hard to do and that is to be a very good tribute band.Nobody will ever replace dave or mk1 all im saying is he does do a very good job as too the band i think they are all good.The bass player impresses me with all his jj moves and has jjs bass parts off very well.Just looking forward to seeing them live at some point never seen them live before i know many on here have and have spoken highly of them.Ive only ever seen them on youtube but will see them live at some point it and when the virus rules allows,Would be nice to see both bands i hope next year.As a whole im not into tribute bands really only intrested in the real thing but straighten out are an exception.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

toilerinblack wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 20:42 .As a whole im not into tribute bands really only intrested in the real thing but straighten out are an exception.
Yes I think 3 regurgitated pages later it is quite clear what your thoughts are on them.
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

https://youtu.be/qPJ5JRLPKsI

Don't know if this has been posted before. The Great Elmyr.
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

airflamesred wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 16:35
toilerinblack wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 20:42 .As a whole im not into tribute bands really only intrested in the real thing but straighten out are an exception.
Yes I think 3 regurgitated pages later it is quite clear what your thoughts are on them.
If you don’t like toilerinblack’s as you so eloquently put it - “ 3 regurgitated pages” of his thoughts on a Stranglers tribute band then simply don’t read their posts anymore. Easy eh? I just don’t understand why it would bother you so much with your constant snidely little quips which I’ve had a few of, you come across as a bit of an amateur Bullying Prick to be honest along with your little clique who you all like to back each other up as you can’t fight your own battles.
:?
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 22 Oct 2020, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I have seen them just once in shitty Swindon, and they are fucking great, they are excellent. Lt Kudu.
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

cerdan6899 wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 10:59 https://youtu.be/qPJ5JRLPKsI

Thanks for the link - I highly rate him - I think it is one guy ?? Great on the Keyboards if they was looking for a DG replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC950ZO ... b-ev9mMCdQ
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

alaninblack wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 06:53
cerdan6899 wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 10:59 https://youtu.be/qPJ5JRLPKsI

Thanks for the link - I highly rate him - I think it is one guy ?? Great on the Keyboards if they was looking for a DG replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC950ZO ... b-ev9mMCdQ
Some great covers. Very talented, good luck to him.
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

cerdan6899 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 13:04 Some great covers. Very talented, good luck to him.
I rate him / them because they are not just a bunch of old stranglers fans like Straighten Out having a good time on stage, but because he /they are young, nail every bloody note, and make the songs sound fresh again. The "Antifa" look, elusive mysterious nature of the posts and lack of personal information only add to the overall affect. The actual mixing of the sound if you listen with some headphone is also exceptional.
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

alaninblack wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 05:27
cerdan6899 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 13:04 Some great covers. Very talented, good luck to him.
I rate him / them because they are not just a bunch of old stranglers fans like Straighten Out having a good time on stage, but because he /they are young, nail every bloody note, and make the songs sound fresh again. The "Antifa" look, elusive mysterious nature of the posts and lack of personal information only add to the overall affect. The actual mixing of the sound if you listen with some headphone is also exceptional.
Agree. So refreshing to see a youngster covering some classics.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

just watched this band on youtube from a 2016 jun 18th gig that blew me away again.
Phils guitaring and vocals just nailed it.The bass intro to sleazy is amazing coldnt faught but just enjoyed thd two tacks i heard on youtube from this gig so much they just get better and better.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

So lets hope straighten outs tour goes ahead in july through to december we still would'nt know with the covid rules yet.Be great to hear them live again where they and mick turley can tribute the stranglers keyboard player.I admire all this bands members.
Straighten out and the Great Elymr are the best two.I now love The Great Elymrs music but Straighten out have now been a long term tribute live act that gig to tribute the heroes to its fans, where as The Great Elymr are are class act with their music videos of the band and not a live tribute act that gigs, Could you imagine just good this band would be as a live act? i'd pay to see them anyday of the week,mind blowing at just the very thought...both are very good at what they do and both are very different in their stlyes and approach to the stranglers.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Just watched them do peasant live, mick done a great job on the keys and also on daves vocals too, overall a great cover from Straighten Out, i always enjoy listening to them live.This keyboard player will always get my vote.