straighten out best tribute band ever.

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: straighten out best tribute band ever.

Post by toilerinblack »

So good to see straighten out in 2021 doing not just the early stuff but moving on with one of my favourite albums La Folie.They in the past have always covered the more early mk1 material very well,so hearing the likes of Tramp and The Man They Love To Hate very refreshing.Its good to see them back at a gig last month and moving on a little further in mk1s career.Great keyboards on tramp from mick too,great covers again from a great tribute band.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

Straighten out website has been down for while now, have they turned it in ?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

airflamesred wrote:Straighten out website has been down for while now, have they turned it in ?
Don't think so. Saw a Sheffield gig on FB being promoted earlier today. I think it's for the end of the month

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Great to see this band covering a lot of La Folie in 2021 which has always been one of my most favourite MK1 albums.It's good to see this tribute band moving along a bit from the bands first three albums, they sound great and 'The Doc' on the keys as usual doing a great job and Phil doing a great job on guitar and vocals too,the whole band with all of JJ's moves were spot on.Mick does a great job on the keys and gets another big thumbs up from me, iv'e noticed too a really nice picture on Straighten Out's site of Mick and Dave together,we will all miss the Hammond Hero and i think this band tribute him and the Stranglers in general very well.
porkymeat

Post by porkymeat »

toilerinblack wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 20:47 Great to see this band covering a lot of La Folie in 2021 which has always been one of my most favourite MK1 albums.It's good to see this tribute band moving along a bit from the bands first three albums, they sound great and 'The Doc' on the keys as usual doing a great job and Phil doing a great job on guitar and vocals too,the whole band with all of JJ's moves were spot on.Mick does a great job on the keys and gets another big thumbs up from me, iv'e noticed too a really nice picture on Straighten Out's site of Mick and Dave together,we will all miss the Hammond Hero and i think this band tribute him and the Stranglers in general very well.
All in all, sounds like one great jobbie.
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Great gig last night, great set + Tank
IMG_20230923_222240081_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230923_222240081_HDR.jpg (100.23 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
IMG_20230924_133332816_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230924_133332816_HDR.jpg (78.15 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
airflamesred

Post by airflamesred »

Saw them at Ruislip the other week, same set.

Preferable to going to see the Stranglers.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

airflamesred wrote:Saw them at Ruislip the other week, same set.

I can't disagree with you and I can only hope they keep it going into the future, because it's just great for old bastards like me who still like a night out every now and then. And what better than to see & hear a band play so well all these great songs ?

I Hate You !
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Yes their still a great night out who does a great job with a good tight set.
It's good to hear tracks like Tramp from La Folie getting an airing,they will probably still be playing gigs after the real band calls time where you can still go and have a night out hearing these great songs still after Hugh and the Stranglers call time and if that was ever to be the case then they might find their following increase for those who do still want to go to a gig to hear Stranglers songs being played live.
In years to come they might even be playing some off DM....lol
I think not because they are very much a Mk1 tribute band I mean have they ever played any material post Hugh? I haven't heard any but that's not to say they haven't perhaps Straighten Out fans who see them will be able to say the answer to that one.
Post Hugh if they were ever to do any then i think they would do a great Time to Die cover that would go down well I'd imagine....they should stick that one in their set,but it all depends if the material they cover will only stay within the Hugh time line and frame as I wouldn't know their feelings on covering any possible songs post Mk1,they certainly are big JJ, Hugh and Dave fans for sure and Jet too I'm sure....Mk1 as a whole.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 25 Sep 2023, 19:36, edited 16 times in total.
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Post by Waffle waitress »

aldinblack wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 10:43
airflamesred wrote:Saw them at Ruislip the other week, same set.

I can't disagree with you and I can only hope they keep it going into the future, because it's just great for old bastards like me who still like a night out every now and then. And what better than to see & hear a band play so well all these great songs ?

👍
(all that's missing is the choker)

Liberez les Stranglers!
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

They have been going for quite a long time now. Although I can't remember the first time I saw them, I do know it was more than 10 /12 years ago.
It's gotta be hard work for them when they do these tours, what with all the setting up & humping their gear around etc..
I can't imagine there's much money in it.
I gotta salute these guys.

I Hate You !
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

aldinblack wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 21:31 They have been going for quite a long time now. Although I can't remember the first time I saw them, I do know it was more than 10 /12 years ago.
It's gotta be hard work for them when they do these tours, what with all the setting up & humping their gear around etc..
I can't imagine there's much money in it.
I gotta salute these guys.

Absolutely right in what you say they obviously must do it for the love of playing their craft of Stranglers songs and tributing their idols more than the money side of things I would of thought.
Their bass player has over the years mastered every angle of JJ from the sound to the moves to a fine art and their change years ago of frontman to Phil on guitar playing and singing in Hugh's shoes i feel has improved this band more realistically in both sound and looks to the real thing.....good luck to them and hope they are around for many a year to come yet.