Four More Heroes

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

the taxman
Rats Rally

Four More Heroes

Post by the taxman »

Not really took any notice of tribute bands until last few days
I love Four More Heroes in the 10 clips of the gig on Youtube at the Kings Head back in 2001
Anybody know if there was a dvd quality release of this gig?, as it has more than one camera recording it
Who is the bass player he's fantastic?

Down in the Sewer at the gig:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osiIS0lhTvg
Exciting stuff
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Four More Heroes

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah they were great - In fact I was at this gig. The venue filmed it and we paid the tenner for the VHS afterwards. Howard was the guy on bass - top lad. He tours with a different band now Stykleback

Jon Hall (lead singer at the time) is Suchi on here.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
the taxman
Rats Rally

Post by the taxman »

Thanks Jim some great info there,ta
Love how the crowd as well were totally into the music,looks a bit of a classic gig
Anybody who still has it on VHS & wants it converted to DVD free of charge let me know
cheers
Owen
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Good fun, saw them at Nice N Sleazys back in the day,
probly a large factor in rekindling the old Stranglers flame
back then.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

That hippy keyboard player in Four More Heroes (And now in Straighten Out?) sounds way better than Dave! Dave needs to bring back all those synths he used from ‘77 and onwards.
As a musician I can clearly hear the difference and his plinky plonky keyboards sound awful.

And another thing that ginger (The Basher?) on drums is putting his own parts/fills paradiddles in the songs, please do not do that, play iit like Jet did or go home, have some respect.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

keyboardist at 4:56

"what the fuck am I doing here!!"
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 03:58 That hippy keyboard player in Four More Heroes (And now in Straighten Out?) sounds way better than Dave! Dave needs to bring back all those synths he used from ‘77 and onwards.
As a musician I can clearly hear the difference and his plinky plonky keyboards sound awful.

And another thing that ginger (The Basher?) on drums is putting his own parts/fills paradiddles in the songs, please do not do that, play iit like Jet did or go home, have some respect.
Well i too think and have said that the former FMH keyboard player is very talented musician.Dave for me on their first four albums was clearly head and shoulders above the rest who lead the way with his speed and unique style of play who'll always be remebered for being the Hammond Genius that he was.