Straighten Out 2011

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Straighten Out 2011

Post by Fatbusjim »

Announcement from the band regarding next years tour and material.
Straighten Out have confirmed a lengthy tour of the UK for 2011 (new places and venues too) and all the gig dates will be posted up in the gig guide in the next few weeks! We can also reveal that (at least) 3 new songs have been added to the setlist: 'Baroque Bordello', 'Shah Shah a Go-Go' and 'Golden Brown'...! The band are often asked to play various songs at gigs and with this in mind I now give you the chance to send your 'requests' to us via the website...What tracks do you wanna hear at next year's gigs? What would be your 'ideal' setlist? Get involved, let us know and you may be pleasantly surprised when you go to one of next year's Straighten Out gigs...which won't be long now...!
I know the lads are all very excited about next years line up and I've heard that the first rehearsal with Casey back on the drumming stool was an absolute barn stormer!!

FBJ
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Straighten Out 2011

Post by iain »

Is this going to be one of those UK tours of England, Scotland and Wales only ...or is a wee trip over to Northern Ireland on the agenda too?
rotten thoughts
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Thanks FBJ.
My vote would be Shut Up, would love to hear that live. 8)
Or, Tomorrow Was..? 8) 8)
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Alias wrote:Thanks FBJ.
My vote would be Shut Up, would love to hear that live. 8)
Or, Tomorrow Was..? 8) 8)

Are we going to have a poll?
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

iain wrote:Is this going to be one of those UK tours of England, Scotland and Wales only ...or is a wee trip over to Northern Ireland on the agenda too?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

MULLY wrote:
iain wrote:Is this going to be one of those UK tours of England, Scotland and Wales only ...or is a wee trip over to Northern Ireland on the agenda too?
Sorry Mully no plans as yet, that I know of, to take in NI but never say never.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Fatbusjim wrote:
MULLY wrote:
Sorry Mully no plans as yet, that I know of, to take in NI but never say never.
I realise it is probably financilally unviable for SO to make the trip across to Ulster. Reckon we need another SBE/Underground toilet scenario where a good attendance would be guaranteed.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Bring back Four More Heroes. They came! ;-)
rotten thoughts
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

MULLY wrote: Reckon we need another SBE/Underground toilet scenario where a good attendance would be guaranteed.
Seconded.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Notabadbandatall

Post by Notabadbandatall »

Not sure if this thought had occurred to the band, but would it work better if the fans did a paid for gig in advance thus guaranteeing ticket sales and SO worth playing?

I know other bands have done this in France, and then if the sales were not enough the band would not go, and the venue would provide a refund - But not sure how that all works out financially or legality wise?
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

PaulinLondon wrote:
MULLY wrote: Reckon we need another SBE/Underground toilet scenario where a good attendance would be guaranteed.
Seconded.

And maybe a mystery person eh Mully........

;-)
Claireinblack
kent
nickblades
SHAKESPEARO

Post by nickblades »

Gutted no Moses gate - I'ts a regukar for me at least twice a year and now there's nothing! Shame!