Straighten Out - a new beginning

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Straighten Out - a new beginning

Post by Fatbusjim »

So first time out for Straighten Out with new front man Phil Harvey and what a night it was. This is now the bands fourth (I think) line up and could well prove to be the strongest yet (and I mean no disrespect to any former band members).

Phil has stepped into the breach after only briefly rehearsing with the band and certainly looks to have the potential to make SO a real draw for all Stranglers fans again.

There were a couple of glitches, which was inevitable after such a short time together, but overall was a superb Straighten Out gig. Decent mosh going on and even a few shirts off would you believe!! :oops: :oops:

Still plenty of gigs left this year and personally I can’t wait for them.

Well done to Phil, Shaggy, Mick and Mickey, great night.

We fookin' had it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Straighten Out - a new beginning

Post by jbinblack »

that's EXCELLENT news!! :grin:
Trust in God, but lock your car
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one - I once saw Four More Heroes at Moses Gate - I'd just learnt to drive and I ragged me Saxo against a wall as I came out of the car park - And I hadn't touched a drink.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

jbinblack wrote:that's EXCELLENT news!! :grin:
Seconded! 8)
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

miserablewoman wrote:
jbinblack wrote:that's EXCELLENT news!! :grin:
Seconded! 8)

Roll on the gig in Brum, need a good turnout tho, lads deserve some encouragement
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Latest info from the SO website:

A great debut for Phil...
And a little more info on the new band member...
New lead guitarist Phil Harvey made his first appearance with Straighten Out on Saturday night and went down a storm. He gelled immediately with the band and the crowd were the most enthusiatic (border-line 'wild' at the front!) that I've seen for a while...lead by FBJ, of course! They opened with 'I feel like a Wog' and raced through all the crowd favourites (in no particular order): 'Nuclear Device', '5 Minutes', 'Bring on the Nubiles', 'The Raven', 'Tank', 'Toiler', 'Walk on By', the customary 'Straighten Out' leading up to 'Go Buddy Go', 'No More Heroes', 'Something Better Change' and bringing the house down with 'Down in the Sewer'...! A very encouraging debut by Phil who enjoyed the gig as much as the punters did! One or two very minor glitches on the night but the guy had only had two hours previous practice with the band...impressive to say the least! Looking good for the future...catch them next in Gateshead on Sat. 11th September.
Phil has supplied us with some information on his musical background to date...which certainly highlights his credentials!
Phil has been a semi-pro musician for over 20 years playing thousands of gigs all over Great Britain, Ireland, Scandinavia and other parts of Europe. He has played at festivals and made several TV and radio appearances. Over the years he has played live with many great and well known musicians including Alan Price (The Animals), Mick Avory, John Dalton, John Gosling (The Kinks), Carol Decker (T’Pau), Ray Weston (Wishbone Ash). Phil is also currently playing keyboards and 2nd guitar in retro-rock band 'The Wolfmen' with Marco Pirroni of 'Adam & the Ants'. As part of the 'Wolfmen' band, Phil recently recorded some tracks with Sinead O’Connor.
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

theraven1979 wrote:Nice one - I once saw Four More Heroes at Moses Gate - I'd just learnt to drive and I ragged me Saxo against a wall as I came out of the car park - And I hadn't touched a drink.

Jim
:shock: lightweight! :wink:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'