Straighten Out at Rockers 11th June....cancelled!

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Straighten Out at Rockers 11th June....cancelled!

Post by Frank Castle »

Just heard from Ray that tomorrow nights gig at Rockers has been cancelled,don't know what the reason is.

But hopefully Rays band The Red Eyes will be filling in at the 11th Hour,so bevy session and live music still on the agenda.......... :grin:
Last edited by Frank Castle on 10 Jun 2010, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Straighten Out at Rockers 11th June....cancelled!

Post by villainblack »

shaggys hurt his back at work

http://straighten-out.co.uk/latestnews.html
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Shaggy has suffered a severe injury whilst working, damaging his back - it's not life-threatening, so don't be overly alarmed - but as a result, tomorrow night's gig at Rockers in Glasgow has had to be cancelled...Shaggy is in no fit condition to perform and is unable even to drive, so bad is the pain and movement restrictions he's subjected to at present. His injury was sustained whilst lifting and carrying a 'RSJ' (a rolled steel girder to the non-engineering/non-construction workers who are reading!). We hope a trip to A&E will help him to find a quick cure and some pain relief...but as always, some time will be needed to get back to 'normality'...we apologise for this unexpected and unavoidable cancellation and hope to still see you all at the Rocker's gig later in the year...
Or it could have been that he wouldn't be able to get South of the Border before the K.O on Saturday ;-) ;-) ;-)

Get well soon Shaggy, just think of all that lying about watching the footy you'll be able to do!!!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

Shouldn't that be "RSJ - Rolled Steel Jirder" Or Rolled Steel Joist even. :roll:
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Oh that's a real shame! :smt009

Hope Shaggy gets well soon ... and good luck to The Red Eyes! 8)

Have fun tomorrow guys! :mrgreen:
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Red Eye Ray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Red Eye Ray »

Turned out to be a no bad wee nite oot! Firstly,The Red Eyes were called in at the 11th hour as was Clash tribute band Combat Rock, who headlined the whole nights proceedings. The night kicked off late as everyone was in the boozers next to Rockers called the Crystal Palace watching what turned out to be a piss poor game between France and Uruguay! ( Christ, i hardly watched it, spent more time oan the sauce). Mr Castle and Alias were in the house with a squad of mates, so it was nice to see em. The night kicked off with The Zips,(a Glasgow punk outfit who were on the scene way back in 78/79) The Red Eyes have shared a few gigs with The Zips over the years and know each other well. They played a good set playing songs off their recently completed debut album.
Then it was our turn to entertain the masses (well the punters that turned up) Our set was basically the same set we played down at the Nice'n'Sleazy Fest at Morcambe the other weekend.It consists mostly of tracks of our latest album "FROM THE OUTSIDE IN" which we recorded last year,(Bongo,Ricky,Rodders and Claire and Mr Castle and recently Alias + Fat Bus Jim have all been given/bought a copy and have all gave it the thumbs up) We stuck in a cover of the UK Subs "Tomorrows Girls" to finish off what was an enjoyable gig! The onstsage sound wasn't great, but the out front/PA sound was apparently great.Got a big thumbs up from Frank and Alias's squad, but maybe the booze had sunk in by then! Cheers guys :smt023
Next up was our good friend and ex lead guitarists Alex King's band Hateful who were on the bill with us at the recent Gonads gig in Glasgow (see Thread) They are also promoting their 3rd Album which is called "KILLBOWIE ROAD" playing a selection of songs off that as well as a few old ones.They played a good set which sadly i had to miss some of, as again, i had to head for the last bus up the road due to the whole night starting late.
Combat Rock were up last and i've seen em a few times especially at the Barras supporting SLF on many occasion and if you like your Clash stuff then these are the guys for you! I don't know if anyone else from the forum was there on the night, if so, then maybe they can give an account of Combat Rock's set as i, and Mr Castle+Alias were all off home as it was last trains and buses and stuff! Cheerz :P
AT THE END OF THE DAY.........ITS NIGHT!!
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Great review Ray - Thanks! :grin:
I believe that a certain Mr Alias is tonight's Glasgei entertainment - anyone know the venue? - anyway best of luck mate! 8)
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Never to look back
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Never to look back »

Oh Well! Rockers no more. Officially Closed.
I had a black shirt, But I wasn't one