Straighten Out Birmingham

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Straighten Out Birmingham

Post by Alias »

TBC fails to master the renounded Devo/Metallica "Devil-Sign", while those sixteen E's finally kick in for Bez.

Great stuff guys, wish I was there etc...

Nice to see big Rodders going for it again. :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

At least FBJ kept his kecks on.......for a fecken change....... :lol:

And when are Straighten Out coming back up to Glesgae?

What about Saturday 14th of November? The same day a certain Mr Cornwell plays....great idea or what...... 8)

I tell you it looked more like the Big Rodders show than Straighten Out......goan yerself bigman..... :wink:
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

It was my earnest intention to post a comprehensive gig reveiw...............but I was too tired last night.......too busy today...........and now too pissed..............so suffice to say it was well good like. :smt023
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Rodder's striptease during Nice 'N Sleazy has got to be the funniest thing I've ever seen at a gig. :lol: :lol:

Rodders and TBC on stage during Something Better Change was another highlight,with TBC lapping up his few minutes of fame as the new JJ.But Baz,try and shout "change" into the mike in time with the music next time. :smile: ;-)

Half of the audience must have been forum members and most of those were at the front going bonkers.

With the amount of stripping that was going on at the front it was sometimes hard to tell whether you were at a music concert or at a mass Roman orgy. :shock:

Thanks to all the people who made it a great night out.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
leskei
Rats Rally

Post by leskei »

ravenlunatic wrote:It was my earnest intention to post a comprehensive gig reveiw...............but I was too tired last night.......too busy today...........and now too pissed..............so suffice to say it was well good like. :smt023
and now to pissed :smt006
thought you were at work today RL
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I just spent about 30 mins on a lengthy review but when I went to post the fucker it had timed out.This forum is a fucker at times! :evil:
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

ThruBeingCool wrote:I just spent about 30 mins on a lengthy review but when I went to post the fucker it had timed out.This forum is a fucker at times! :evil:
Better do it again then Baz!

Suprised you can remember anything?

Do you remember the massage :?: :shock:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Blackbeered wrote:

Bubs, Case, Shag and Mick - you played a fcukin blinder tonight, thanks guys :smt023. Now get yourselves back down south again asap

Great to see all of the crowd tonight, you know who you are, thanks for a great night :smt006

I even got myself an SO t-shirt - even if it didn't stay on for the entire evening :smt009 :oops:
Seconded on all three accounts :!: :smt004
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

leskei wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:It was my earnest intention to post a comprehensive gig reveiw...............but I was too tired last night.......too busy today...........and now too pissed..............so suffice to say it was well good like. :smt023
and now to pissed :smt006
thought you were at work today RL
Yes been at work, come home, done a bottle of red on an empty stomach and it all rather went to my head.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:I just spent about 30 mins on a lengthy review but when I went to post the fucker it had timed out.This forum is a fucker at times! :evil:
Let that be a lesson young man...ALWAYS do your reviews on WORDPAD or in an email first. Unless, you didn't really make a lengthy review and you're just making that up for sympathy. :smt010

T'was great to see everybody again, (was Preston really THAT long ago?) nice to meet a few new people, Villain and another lady, (so sorry I've forgotten your name-you were with Joni and Simon) and hadn't seen Nick for awhile, always up for a nice little chit chat.

The all male strip show was a sea of a dozen fleshy torso's, Rodders went all out tho, nobody's had the nerve to post his meat and veg that he was swingin around, :shock: I would, but my camera connection to the pc is on the blink at the mo!

The band were fabulous as usual, in high gear, Sweden got a great reception, that was a nice surprise, and to be real, part of the gig was a bit of a Shmirnoff Icy blur at times and the last bit was spent trying to dodge a quite tipsy lady forumster wearing brown Docs (yes BROWN!) who repeatedly stepped on my feet. :smt013 . No real harm done tho, I can still walk......with a limp.

Nobody mentioned a Spinal Tap moment for the BUTsters. As we realized the gig would start in about 10 minutes, we went to make our way into the 'hall', which was kind of in a separate building behind the booze garden but still connected to the main building, so as we started back inside the pub to go out the side door, we were all following someone, then realized the place was kind of like a maze, and we all filed out after hitting a dead end, everyone saying 'its that way' turned around and hit another dead end, then were told it was right behind us, behind all the trashed fridges and the tiki gate....well, you had to be there to see the irony of it.--someone else can explain it....but it was very funny.

The local paper had in the club listings that 'Jeff Leopard' were playing, so some local punters had arrived expecting a different band! I hope some of them stayed for the show though, and got a proper gig!!

Kebabs and very slow lonnnnnnnnnng goodbyes afterwards rounded off a lovely night. Thanks to my trusty neighbour for the safe trip over to B'ham.

Heard later that Shaggy and Casey were stranded on the motorway with a flat tire 50 miles from Sheffield! After all the love they'd given us, what thanks is that from Karma? They didn't get home til 5:30 but apparently just in time for early bird breakie.

Til the next time!
Trust in God, but lock your car
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

Thanks to all concerned for another great night, band were on top form as usual and great to meet up with old friends and some new ones as well.

I cant believe the evidence in some of the pics :shock: I am normally so shy and retiring :oops: It's amazing what a couple of beers can do to a man!!

Rodders
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

"couple" :shock:
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better