Sex Pistols Experience

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Sex Pistols Experience

Post by PaulinLondon »

I would like to check this lot out one day too.

It also got me thinking. What if one day, there is a really famous band called, The Experience. And eventually, when the band is no more, a tribute band is formed to celebrate their songs. The Experience Experience :lol: :lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Roy Batty »

PaulinLondon wrote:I would like to check this lot out one day too.

It also got me thinking. What if one day, there is a really famous band called, The Experience. And eventually, when the band is no more, a tribute band is formed to celebrate their songs. The Experience Experience :lol: :lol:
and what if someone formed a tribute band to 'the clint boon experience'? they would be.......

'the clint boon experience experience' :shock:
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Raven Darkholme
Rats Rally

Post by Raven Darkholme »

ravenlunatic wrote:
Raven Darkholme wrote: i cant tolerate these tribute bands

You sound like my old headmaster ranting about some petty matter at yet another tedious school assembly.
There's plenty to get worked up about in this world mate without worrying about what tribute band members are wearing or not as the case may be. I think you'll find a clue in the bands name The Sex Pistols Experience i.e. the evening is an experience of events gone by that most of us were for various reasons unable to take part in. I would bring to your attention the last sentence of my original post which contains the words "and if you like that sort of thing".
I rather enjoy tribute bands as it happens. Many of them represent some of my musical heroes that for the simple reason that they are all actually dead rather prohibits any possability of seeing them perform any time soon: Bon Scott, Jimi Hendrix, Phil Lynot, Sid Vicious, Glen Miller, John Lennon............actually I made one of them up. Bet you can't guess which one.
ok, i get ya.
you missed them the first time round, so now, you'll settle for some silly men, who desperately want to be punk legends, playing dress up, pretending to be the sex pistols. i understand you completely.
wadey

Post by wadey »

I think tribute bands are good given the fact the band theyre paying tribute to are no longer around. Th ebootleg beatles for instance, and the kounterfit kinks
Raven Darkholme wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:

You sound like my old headmaster ranting about some petty matter at yet another tedious school assembly.
There's plenty to get worked up about in this world mate without worrying about what tribute band members are wearing or not as the case may be. I think you'll find a clue in the bands name The Sex Pistols Experience i.e. the evening is an experience of events gone by that most of us were for various reasons unable to take part in. I would bring to your attention the last sentence of my original post which contains the words "and if you like that sort of thing".
I rather enjoy tribute bands as it happens. Many of them represent some of my musical heroes that for the simple reason that they are all actually dead rather prohibits any possability of seeing them perform any time soon: Bon Scott, Jimi Hendrix, Phil Lynot, Sid Vicious, Glen Miller, John Lennon............actually I made one of them up. Bet you can't guess which one.
ok, i get ya.
you missed them the first time round, so now, you'll settle for some silly men, who desperately want to be punk legends, playing dress up, pretending to be the sex pistols. i understand you completely.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Raven Darkholme wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:

ok, i get ya.

I thought we were talking about the "covers band". :shock:

I had a killer idea the other week, about 20 years too late, mind, but a good one none the less. How about a wedding-
type covers band that did all the punk classics for when all the old punks got married years back? Or an 80's style setlist for the "next generation" of newly weds? And just keep updating, offering the latest retro wedding themes. You could just buy up all them Now Thats What I Call Music 372 type albums, learn the tracks and punt yerself out to folk who were into that shit 10 years before and were now getting hitched.
Or something like that; it sounded much better before I wrote it down, to be honest..
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

Raven Darkholme wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:

ok, i get ya.
Bit harsh isn't it?

Sounds like a fun night out to me. Surely life needn't be taken so seriously?
Boogie now, Dave!
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Raven Darkholme wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:

ok, i get ya.

Come on you haven' guessed which one yet, come on have a guess, oh go on which one is it? Mmnnn, come on, have a punt, go on bet you can't, go on pick one of 'em, bet ya can't guess :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.