STRAIGHTEN OUT-SWINDON

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Re: STRAIGHTEN OUT-SWINDON

Post by Kathinboots »

Made it back to Brum hungover but in one piece. Brilliant night - my good intentions to "pace myself" came to nothing as I underestimated the power of cider and got well and truly hammered.
Got to the bar at around half 5 with Blackbeered to find it shut and Bubba, Mrs Bubba and Mick loitering outside. As the bar was not to open until much later - what's that all about?- we popped across the road to boost the coffers of the Greyhound pub in exchange for some Stranglers toons. The swelling ranks (I said ranks) of Stranglers fans prompted some curious locals to ask whether it was "The Stranglers or that Hugh Cornwell on his own again" playing :grin: . Popped back across the road just in time for SO. Fantastic - much dancing :oops: , a star turn from Rodders, sporadic amp failures to add some suspense to the proceedings, plenty of topless action from the men :shock: and the ongoing Brokeback Mountain-type romance between Rodders and FBJ made for a splendid night's entertainment. Cheers to the band 8) . Hope everyone got back OK especially those travelling back oop North.

Leskei - thanks for walking back with me to my hotel. Hope you found some decent grub and well done for staying awake for pretty much the whole gig. Can't believe you didn't fall off that bar stool as you slumbered! :lol:
Boogie now, Dave!
Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

Oi FBJ I see you where doing yer "Nice n Sleazy" routine again......... :shock:

Just keep yer kecks on when you come back up to the Dear Green Place in July..... :oops:

Or it will be a fast black doon to Govan for you ma auld mucker......... :lol:
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Claire and a very drunk Rodders in the kebab shop.

Rodders: Have you got a toilet ?

Kebab man : No we haven't.

Rodders: Then i'm going to piss all over your fecking floor.......

:oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Claireinblack
kent
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Fantastic! Sounds like everyone had a great time! :grin: :grin: :grin:
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Claireinblack wrote:Claire and a very drunk Rodders in the kebab shop.

Rodders: Have you got a toilet ?

Kebab man : No we haven't.

Rodders: Then i'm going to piss all over your fecking floor.......

:oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Looks and sounds like a great night out. Cheers for the feedback folks ;-)

Who needs The Stranglers :?:
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

I didn't see anyone drinking. Actually, I didn't see much of the gig either. :lol: :smt030
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

Great night last night (most of it a blur :oops: )
Great to meet up again with good friends and the like, band were great as usual, Thanks to the boys for my little intrusion into their set, you made an old and very drunk punk very happy :smt008

a little taster of last nights event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmCklXWa0Cg

Rodders
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before
BazinBlack

Post by BazinBlack »

What another great night out in MiB land. Hit Sweden oops Swindon about 7:30ish and as I stop at a crossing to let some old folk cross :grin: , when I got nearer could see it was Leski who promptly pointed to the pub they were holed up in near the venue. So car parked and I'm off the pub to meet everyone and as soon as I got in there and and see a sea of black t-shirts and I knew I was at home. Usual suspects well on their way to beer heaven were Rodders, Claire, Leski, Blackbeerd, FBJ (or fatface!! as Joni called him, still we all make mistakes eh Kath!! shush :smt018 ), Gizz, Joni, Ravenlunatic and Daughter (great DM's), Sep, Kathinboots, Sam (I know Eric) Mark and a few others that I cannot recall their names, apologies if I left you out. So some pre gig beers (not for yours truly as a few of us me, RL and Gizz were on driving duties) and a fair bit of MiB on the pub system later and Shaggy annouces that the band were on in 10 mins which was funny at the time as were were not at the venue and as bass player it couldn't start without him (and Rodders). So, like a big black snake we make our way across the road to the venue which was no more than a zebra crossing away, phew that was lucky. The venue was a typical revamped pub but the band area at the rear had quite a good feel and vibe to it. the stage was approx waist high with plenty of room for the band +1, not like the grope and anker, also The Members played their the night previous. So bottle of water in hand for me and they open up with SBC which sounded great, blackbeerd stood near the front in the middle and never left that spot for the whole gig. I am crap at guessing numbers but the attendence was about 68? ot there abouts. So well into the set and Shaggy's having problems with a blown amp which decided that it had had enough on the start of Peasant, Pitch kicks in with drums and as the band kick in ........silence. Cue Rodders and crew in a communal sing along: "The day was sicky yellow etc". House lighs soon go up at the back as they try to fix the amp. It felt like an Oasis gig minus Shaggy offering everyone their money back :lol: Amp fixed they carry on with the set but unlike the real Stranglers who would have started from the top they start from where they left off (call yourselves a tribute band :lol: ) During the rest of the set Shaggy was clearly having problems and in true IT fashion cured it by turning the amp off and on again. The real star of the night was the guest singer who you all know by now was Rodders (lucky bastard) who joined the band for Tank and did a stirling job, well done mate :smt038 . With a few shirtless numbers from some of the crowd i.e Rodders, FBJ (both I might add :smt008 in the pub before) and Blackbeerd and a rather large dozy doe for Thrown away it was a great night. Spoke to a few locals who also enjoyed it, however its the (amonst others) heritage of the band that makes us go on a regaular basis however its gig's like this that also motivate fans to once again buy a ticket and go and see their heroes, so well done SO. All in all a superb night and I must say that it is a privilage and an honour to meet up again with such fine folk. Now this was the first time I had seem SO sober and I must say they are pretty good, with the right management etc ....:lol: Special mention for Leski who stayed awake for the whole gig, hats off in your direction sir.

Reporting for the Bath Chronic,

Bazza
Strolling along minding my own business.....
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Nice one Bazza
BazinBlack

Post by BazinBlack »

PPS, Forgot to mention that the hairs on my arm stood up for The Raven, one of the best versions of it I have heard from a trib band.

Bazza
Strolling along minding my own business.....
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

BazinBlack wrote:(or fatface!! as Joni called him, still we all make mistakes eh Kath!! shush :smt018
:grin: :lol: :smt005
Lucky my mascara was waterproof.
And yours. :twisted:
Boogie now, Dave!