Straighten Out return to London

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Straighten Out return to London

Post by Claireinblack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Well, I contacted PaulinLondon villas a couple of hours ago and it sounded like certain folk were back on the piss again! So I wouldn't hold my breath for a review just yet. :smt012

Could be a while......

:roll:
Claireinblack
kent
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Claireinblack wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:Well, I contacted PaulinLondon villas a couple of hours ago and it sounded like certain folk were back on the piss again! So I wouldn't hold my breath for a review just yet. :smt012

Could be a while......

:roll:
Just hope they'll still actually remember the gig itself when posting the reviews! :wink:
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Pam
Rats Rally

Post by Pam »

Missed most of the pre gig meet up as had been to the Banksy Exhibition at Covent Garden ( surprised to be able to walk straight in; I gather that for his exhibition in Bristol people queued for over an hour :shock: ). Arrived at pub ( Spread Eagle?) at about 8 p.m. to find not as many familiar faces as I had expected. Apparently not many tickets had been sold in advance but quite a few people, us included, bought tickets on the door. Wandered over to venue ( smallish room at rear of a fairly typical Camden pub) shortly before band due on stage around 9:20; not many people there initially but more arrived throughout set. I think there had already been two support bands; they must have almost outnumbered their audience!

Others on here will, memory permitting :smile: , probably be able to detail the set better than I can but it was good to hear songs that it's unlikely we would otherwise hear in live environment. At one point some beer flew towards stage but I think that was due to some over enthusiastic "dancing" rather than deliberate.

Sadly had to rush off immediately at end of set to catch last train so don't know how evening progressed for others on here :smile: . Am no good at estimating total numbers but guess I saw no more than about 15 "regulars" which was less than I would have expected given how seldom SO play this far south. Hope that doesn't discourage them from making the journey in future and that more will be able to make it to Redhill on 5 September.
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Thanks for the review Pam

I am booked in for Redhill !!
Claireinblack
kent
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I wish I'd gone now, I could have doubled the numbers :lol:
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

Pam wrote:Arrived at pub ( Spread Eagle?) at about 8 p.m. to find not as many familiar faces as I had expected. Apparently not many tickets had been sold in advance.

Am no good at estimating total numbers but guess I saw no more than about 15 "regulars" which was less than I would have expected.
:shock:

I thought there was a few going to this one :!: Obviously not. Hope this doesn't discourage SO, especially after their adventures north of the border. :smt009
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

I think it's the time of year.

When the Stranglers dates were announced, lots of people were on holiday, and the same applies to the SO gigs
Claireinblack
kent
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

Suppose so Claire - there were so many of us at the H&A, they can't all be like that can they. The Stranglers would have been pleased with THAT forum turn-out 8)
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Before everybody gets too despondent, I would like to first point out that after a weekend of drunken debauchery I am at this moment unable to delight you all with a witty and detailed reveiw of last nights events.............but one will follow in due course along with photgraphic evidence.

Suffice to say at this stage that the band were great as usual, the turnout was larger than had been first predicted with a healthy showing of familiar faces. It was never going to be on the scale of The Grope and Wanker, but it was probably somewhere near the scale of Swindon the other week. A good time was had by all and my head hurts.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

ravenlunatic wrote:Before everybody gets too despondent, I would like to first point out that after a weekend of drunken debauchery I am at this moment unable to delight you all with a witty and detailed reveiw of last nights events.............but one will follow in due course along with photgraphic evidence.

Suffice to say at this stage that the band were great as usual, the turnout was larger than had been first predicted with a healthy showing of familiar faces. It was never going to be on the scale of The Grope and Wanker, but it was probably somewhere near the scale of Swindon the other week. A good time was had by all and my head hurts.
That's better :!:

Btw RL - were YOU drinking :?: :shock:

Did you hire a chauffeur or something :?: :lol:
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Ha ha.....

Now that's better.....

Thanks RL

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

Last I heard from PaulinLondon was that he and PaulB were still quaffing the rose wine...
Trust in God, but lock your car