4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Straighten Out/Rockers/Glasgow/ 25.7.08

Post by Alias »

Head still hurts a bit today.
Anyhoo, here's some pix from last night's gig before Sir Lord Castle comes along a bit later with a full round-up in proper write-up form.
As per usual samples were transmitted back to a PaulinLondon-manned Ground Control for the sake of posterity and validation, where snatches of Toiler and The Raven were, I hope, successfully received. Hope the singing along wasn't to frightening mayte. :lol:

But it must be said the band's travelling support were excellent, and to actually bring your very own stripper for Nice N Sleazy work-out is the work of genius. Of course, Glasgow got to repay the favour, by supplying a genuine old mad-fella in a kilt, who, it must be said, shook his booty happily throughout the gig. 8)

It struck me last night, being out at a punk/rock gig for the third time in as many weeks, that (sad as it may sound) these places are about the only chance old farts like myself get to go out for a cold pint and get to hear some decent music these days. So not surprisingly I noticed the Glasgow punk glitteratti were out in force last night at Rockers. This reporter spotted Raimey and Alan from The Red Eyes, Mick from Combat Rock and even a rare sighting of John from Crusted Spunk Seat.

Just a typical Stranglers audience, really- Includes FBJim in the DEVO tshirt.
And a madman in a kilt, naturally.

Luckily, tonight JJ's top stayed on.

And, at last, the one you've all been waiting for...

A previously unseen shot from that gig in San Fransisco in the '80's where the burd takes her top off, like.

Bubba Cornwell in full flight.

A couple of drunken old duffers spotted enjoying a nice Pear Cider.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

So that's where you were ! It all now makes sense. :lol:

Looks like it was a terrific evening. 8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

Alias I think your review says it all mate,absolutely minted.I could'nt stop laughing at the auld guy in the kilt,he looked like Billy Connollys da....only in Glesga!

What the fuck are me Raymie doing in that picture,looks like we just got our Bar Tab.It's one for a caption contest I reckon. :grin:

.......STOP PRESS...........

Straighten Outs next Glasgow date is now Saturday 1st November,yes you read it right.So it will be down The Carling first to see The Stranglers then back down to Rockers to see Straighten Out...doe's it get any better!!!!!! :smt041

Bubba just texted me moments ago with the change of date. 8)
Mick CombatRocks
SHAKESPEARO

Gigs

Post by Mick CombatRocks »

I had a wee chat with the lads and we decided it would be good to do a few gigs together. We will discuss this further over the coming weeks and try to arrange some gigs both north and south of the border, and maybe even in Wales (and Ireland!!!).

After seeing SO in Rockers last night I think we'll have some great shows together. Hot AND sweaty!! And maybe some birds with tits!!

Watch this space, as they say, for more info.

Mick. 8)
www.combatrocks.co.uk

The Future is Unwritten.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Frank Castle wrote: .......STOP PRESS...........

Straighten Outs next Glasgow date is now Saturday 1st November,yes you read it right.So it will be down The Carling first to see The Stranglers then back down to Rockers to see Straighten Out...doe's it get any better!!!!!! :smt041
Brilliant news!
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

Old Angus

Re: Gigs

Post by Old Angus »

Mick CombatRocks wrote:.....And maybe some birds with tits!!.....
Don't know about that. You might get a few middle-aged blokes with tits though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

kinell! Stripper's ain't aged well! :shock:

....Apart from the 'madder' staring eyes.......this fella's got JJ down to a tee.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Superb pix! Good to see FatBusJim flying the DEVO flag - RESPECT!

Good work all round guys. 8)
terry

Post by terry »

Bubba just texted me moments ago with the change of date. 8)[/quote] And with The Stranglers having a free day the next day you dont reckon they will take a wee treck to Rockers after their gig at the academy do you ? :wink:
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

erm probably not :lol:
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Still :smt118
That would be the cherry on the cake.

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Luv the 999 t-shirt! 8)