Hello all!

If you`re new to the site post in here and we`ll say hello! - Also if you haven`t posted in the last 3 months post here to keep your account alive - otherwise it will be removed.
The Bee
Rats Rally

Re: Hello all!

Post by The Bee » 09 Mar 2013, 22:53

Welcome indeed. Guildford is my only date on this tour sadly, can you recommend a decent pub near the venue?

dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro » 10 Mar 2013, 00:05

Greetings from Fife. :smt006
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"

porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat » 10 Mar 2013, 01:18

zingiber wrote:Greetings from Surrey - just off to pick up my ticket for Guildford (just the one - my other half thinks I'm having a mid-life crisis), which will be only the second time I've seen the band live and the first time for about 24 years!! I've still got the same DMs and the albums but that's about it. :) Anyhow, feeling very excited now...roll on Tuesday.
Today's DMs wear out in about six months . . .
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .

Burn e 77
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Burn e 77 » 10 Mar 2013, 09:50

Alright fella, welcome on board... and enjoy your 2nd gig at Guildford, the current set list is a cracker 8)
cheers
Burn e 77
PS. I'll be at the Guildford gig too... you'll easily identify me... I'll be the geezer in the black leather, DM's and Raven T.shirt...
should be a piece of cake to single me out... Lol ; )
Something better change!

KennyH
Down In The Sewer

Post by KennyH » 10 Mar 2013, 12:41

Big In Yorkshire wrote:Welcome. I had the same "mid life crisis" in 2011 and i'm still having it. Have since seen the band 6 times after a 27 year break. Roll on Leeds in just a few short hours !!
crisis?....what crisis?.......get to that gig!......
friends will fall for the family...........

zingiber
Down In The Sewer

Post by zingiber » 11 Mar 2013, 14:16

Hmm.. Don't know about pubs in Guildford, I'm afraid. I'll ask around at work this arvo and see if I can get any recommendations.
No cheese, no gig.

zingiber
Down In The Sewer

Post by zingiber » 11 Mar 2013, 19:31

The Bee wrote:Welcome indeed. Guildford is my only date on this tour sadly, can you recommend a decent pub near the venue?
Well, my boss drinks in Guildford sometimes but the two pubs he recommended are a walk away.

http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-guildford/george-abbot-pub/
11 mins walk
http://www.thedrummondguildford.co.uk/
15 mins walk

Never been to them, but sounds like they do good beer at least. Do they like hoards of Stranglers fans too, I wonder. :smile:
No cheese, no gig.

Bag Lady
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Bag Lady » 11 Mar 2013, 20:30

The Star is at the bottom of the cobbled high street and used to peopleinblack. The Three Pigeons is at the top and getting closer to G Live. Loads of eateries around the venue. More pubs on the roads behind the shops.
No one can win against kipple.

wegga66
Rats Rally

Post by wegga66 » 11 Mar 2013, 21:16

Welcome ,yes i too am new starter to the site, also already been to see the band at liverpool and leeds, i'm off to birm sat,then nottingham,, bristol, and manchester, into 36 yrs of following the band and enjoyed every minute.
If it's not recorded ,then it's just a memory

http://thestranglerslive.webs.com/

zingiber
Down In The Sewer

Post by zingiber » 12 Mar 2013, 10:16

Bag Lady wrote:The Star is at the bottom of the cobbled high street and used to peopleinblack. The Three Pigeons is at the top and getting closer to G Live. Loads of eateries around the venue. More pubs on the roads behind the shops.
Ah excellent - thanks Bag Lady.
No cheese, no gig.